Not that we didn't see this coming, but.. | Syracusefan.com

Not that we didn't see this coming, but..

If there is any doubt where the Big East stands in the hierarchy of conferences, just look at who they raid.

Pac 10, Big 10 and SEC raid the Big 12.

ACC raids the Big East.

Big East keeps raiding C-USA.

Now it looks like the Big 12 might raid the Big East (taking WVU and Lville).

ECU is not a terrible school or football program. I don't know why they get such a bad rap.

ECU is not a terrible school or football program. I don't know why they get such a bad rap.

Good football team, really bad market and really difficult to get to.

Good football team, really bad market and really difficult to get to.

Location is not good unless you like the beach. I will surely grant you that.

If there is any doubt where the Big East stands in the hierarchy of conferences, just look at who they raid.

Pac 10, Big 10 and SEC raid the Big 12.

ACC raids the Big East.

Big East keeps raiding C-USA.

Now it looks like the Big 12 might raid the Big East (taking WVU and Lville).

The Pac12, BiG, SEC, and ACC are the major leagues.

The Big East and Big 12 are Triple A ball.

CUSA and the MWC are Double A ball.

The MAC and the WAC are the Single A's.

When the majors call someone up, the minors reach down to the next level. Only one Triple A league may survive when this is done.

The BIG EAST will soon be like one of those bands that were big in the '80s that are now playing the bar circuit with a new lead singer and guitarist. Only connection to the original band is the bass player and drummer who somehow managed to retain rights to the name.

Reactions: CIL
The Big XII is defintely not AAA, its MLB, meaning they have a few major market teams (Texas, Oklahoma), a few mid-market teams (Kansas, Mizzou, Okie St, K-state), and a few dregs (Iowa St., Baylor, Texas Tech).

The only reason they've been unstable is because of how Texas acts. They make a lot of money.

With all due respect to Greensboro, Greenville is the worst city I've ever been to (yes, I've been to Greensboro, it's really bad too).

Basically if you're in North Carolina, and you come upon a city starting with Green, just keep driving.

Basically if you're in North Carolina, and you come upon a city starting with Green, just keep driving.

Actually that is a pretty good rule for both North and South Carolina.

The BIG EAST will soon be like one of those bands that were big in the '80s that are now playing the bar circuit with a new lead singer and guitarist. Only connection to the original band is the bass player and drummer who somehow managed to retain rights to the name.

Glad the 'Cuse has evolved to remain as relevant as the best hair band of all time...Bon Jovi...still rocking strong today as they just finished up another long extended world (18 month) tour...:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom