Notre Dame Gameday... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Gameday...

I don't know which is worse - watching our guys struggle on defense and on offense due to BAD COACHING or listening to the announcers make incredibly stupid comments. Liam Entenmann has an incredible defense in front of him and Cuse mediocre offense against him - quit talking about how great he is. Thompson is basically hung out to dry as usual. Let's call out the coaches for this. Petro has had the whole season to improve this D and if anything it is worse!! I don't buy that our talent is this bad.

Thank god this season is over. Fire the coaches!!!

I don't know which is worse - watching our guys struggle on defense and on offense due to BAD COACHING or listening to the announcers make incredibly stupid comments. Liam Entenmann has an incredible defense in front of him and Cuse mediocre offense against him - quit talking about how great he is. Thompson is basically hung out to dry as usual. Let's call out the coaches for this. Petro has had the whole season to improve this D and if anything it is worse!! I don't buy that our talent is this bad.

Thank god this season is over. Fire the coaches!!!

Dude Entenmann has made a half dozen point blank saves, Thompson couldn't stop a beach ball are u even watching the game?

Pat Kavanagh is literally able to toy with Cuse and has the past 2 seasons. Unbelievable.

Dude Entenmann has made a half dozen point blank shots, Thompson couldn't stop a beach ball are u even watching the game?
I disagree. Entenmann was given a 8-2 cushion with a strong D in front of him. He gets to build his confidence early in the game and Cuse remains one of the worst shooting teams in terms of accuracy in close. Many of his saves were straightforward. I'm not saying Entenmann is not good - I'm saying he is in a great position with the luxury of a playing on a great team with great coaching.

Kavaugh always kills us but the defense gives up goals to everyone on ND including guys that haven't scored all season.

Three poles had their back to the play as Kavanagh iso dodged against Dami. No help ready. No slide. No even attempt at a hedge or anything. They basically just conceded the goal. Terrible defense

I disagree. Entenmann was given a 8-2 cushion with a strong D in front of him. He gets to build his confidence early in the game and Cuse remains one of the worst shooting teams in terms of accuracy in close. Many of his saves were straightforward. I'm not saying Entenmann is not good - I'm saying he is in a great position with the luxury of a playing on a great team with great coaching.

ND is 6-4, hardly a great team although if they could play Syracuse every game then yes I would agree because they certainly play their best against the Orange.

Three poles had their back to the play as Kavanagh iso dodged against Dami. No help ready. No slide. No even attempt at a hedge or anything. They basically just conceded the goal. Terrible defense
Exactly. Not quite sure what Petro has been teaching all season. This just may be the worst defense in ALL of D1.

Only time will tell - I fear for Cuse future with this coaching staff.

the save numbers speak for themselves. our goalies ain't blocking shots.
If you think save numbers in isolation tell the whole story, then you don't understand team sports. I am done for the season. Heartbreaking to watch.

Very happy to see Curry and Dordevic shine - bright spot of the season.

"that it should come to this " hamlet act 1 scene 3
"how the mighty have fallen " samuel 1:27
"man do we stink " tbone 2022

Combo of both when it comes to Thompson in goal. Missed some our goalie should have but has had to face a ton that have been point blank. He is not the reason we are losing.

11-18 your final.
cuse led in shots ( 55-45), ground balls (32-28) face-offs (18-14) and penalties (3-5)
and were never really in this game. outplayed whistle to whistle.

Sitting in the stands today. Looks like Gait took over the substitution box duties, it was a strange site.

Also, there were rumblings in the parent section that Dordevic is not coming back next year. Not sure if transferring or just moving on from college lacrosse.

Sitting in the stands today. Looks like Gait took over the substitution box duties, it was a strange site.

Also, there were rumblings in the parent section that Dordevic is not coming back next year. Not sure if transferring or just moving on from college lacrosse.

Hearing the same on Dordevic unfortunately, don't expect him back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom