Notre Dame Gameday... | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A punt would have likely netted at most 20 yards based on how we have punted there. It was the right call but bad execution.
I disagree. 20 yards even and that is a guess, would have been better than the 40 yard line. It would at least put the worry of a turnover in the back of their minds. Mid field, not so much.

I'm not a coach. I haven't gone to clinics. I haven't been to practice. I have no idea what to do. I played high school football. That's it. If GS can run, I would like to see him run more. We did it once and got 9 yards. But that doesn't solve the bigger problem. Our lines can't compete with these guys. They can run up the middle and get 5 or 6 yards any time they want. We are just too small against talent like this. On O, our guys can't get open. It has taken the opposition 6 1/2 games to figure out we only have 1 guy that can hurt them on the outside.
dasher I love ya bud but the offensive line isn't doing terrible. Shrader can't move, can't plant, it's clear as day his body just isn't right today. The defensive line is giving up rushing yards but the defense has only given up 2 TDs. That's fine. That should be enough to win a football game.

Cmon. You know it’s coming.
They were very close to beating Clemson last week. This team is better than 7-5, they are just getting out coached today and GS is at like 60%

I disagree. 20 yards even and that is a guess, would have been better than the 40 yard line. It would at least put the worry of a turnover in the back of their minds. Mid field, not so much.

And under 2 mins with a qb who just threw an INT. I’ll take my chances. Agreed

I'm not a coach. I haven't gone to clinics. I haven't been to practice. I have no idea what to do. I played high school football. That's it. If GS can run, I would like to see him run more. We did it once and got 9 yards. But that doesn't solve the bigger problem. Our lines can't compete with these guys. They can run up the middle and get 5 or 6 yards any time they want. We are just too small against talent like this. On O, our guys can't get open. It has taken the opposition 6 1/2 games to figure out we only have 1 guy that can hurt them on the outside.
He can’t run if he can’t make the reads. If we have guys we trust behind him they should get in this game. It’s our best chance to win and best for GS’s health

They were very close to beating Clemson last week. This team is better than 7-5, they are just getting out coached today and GS is at like 60%
We were very close to beating Clemson last year. We beat Clemson in a 4-8 year. That literally means nothing.

FSU, Pitt, and Wake will all be favored over us.

I think the team is playing hard. ND just has more talent. Those ND lines make our kids look like high school kids. We're simply a level lower. This hasn't got anything to do with playing hard.
Clemson has even more talent than ND, didn’t seem to bother them ON THE ROAD

You mean the defense that is out there getting hit for 75 percent of the game with a couple minutes of rest in between. Maybe we should use our OL on DL since they seem to not be on the field too often
The defense didn't play well in the first half. They were very fortunate. They were pushed all over the field.

And under 2 mins with a qb who just threw an INT. I’ll take my chances. Agreed
Punting is like waiving a white flag there. The D is deflated and they’ll get those 20 yards. I had no confidence in Shrader to pick it up though.

He’s blowing 2nd and 1 and getting the ball off a pick in plus territory. This is horrible play and the guy killing us. Injury status is unknown. Last year the staff had no other option but to let him play through a throwing shoulder injury. It got ugly.

This year who knows. Shrader was actually better early season last year tho and won us some games. This season he let some mediocre teams hang around in the Dome while the D was lights out.
Pretty sure you have always been adamantly against Shrader since he got here so forgive me if I don't see you as non biased.

Idk what your point is but if it’s that you should play through a concussion when you’re not helping the team then it’s a bad point

You should absolutely NOT. You are more susceptible to a second, more injurious, concussion.

We were very close to beating Clemson last year. We beat Clemson in a 4-8 year. That literally means nothing.

FSU, Pitt, and Wake will all be favored over us.
FSU at home will be favored against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors