Notre Dame Gameday... | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning point play…. Not getting that first down mark when we had the ball at 7-7. Wheels came off. Instead of first and ten, 2nd and nine became third and 11 and we have had nothing going after that. Game of inches. Every first down is critical. We went flat after that.

I have to think GS is hurt. Can’t seem to set up his feet to throw. Would not be surprised if CDRW comes out in half two.
He is obviously hurt, can't run nor set. Not a good combination.

So dasher what do you do in the second half. What adjustments do you make?
I'm not a coach. I haven't gone to clinics. I haven't been to practice. I have no idea what to do. I played high school football. That's it. If GS can run, I would like to see him run more. We did it once and got 9 yards. But that doesn't solve the bigger problem. Our lines can't compete with these guys. They can run up the middle and get 5 or 6 yards any time they want. We are just too small against talent like this. On O, our guys can't get open. It has taken the opposition 6 1/2 games to figure out we only have 1 guy that can hurt them on the outside.

Close your eyes

Inhale and count to 5 in your head

Exhale and count to 5

repeat 3 times

Okay Ive got a lot to say here. First off, I’m in 329 and the service is a complete JOKE. Wifi, LTE, it’s nonsense how bad it is. Am I driving through the ADK park in the middle of a storm? Come on.

That said, play calling this half has been truly atrocious. And the end of half execution is as bad as you’ll see. You get a pick, huge, with a chance to tie and take no time off nor any yards and then give it right back and worse allow a guy to run behind you?! It’s so brutal.

This has been a really brutal watch.

Go in that locker room, grab the kids that actually want to play today, and get back at it.
They all want to play and play well...can they vs good talent is the question.

and according to the doctors on the board he had 7 concussions
I would guess 3 for sure. Maybe more off field by being so amped up he put his head through walls.

We go into Clemson with a 3-dimensional offense:

Tucker
Shrader running it
Shrader throwing it

Clemson over committed to Tucker, basically taking away one of the options and dared us to beat them with the other 2. We didn't get that done, but it was really close.

This week Shrader ran it once in the first half, effectively doing the same thing Clemson did.

Completely agree that we need to get Tucker the ball in the running game and passing game, but Shrader still needs to be a threat running the ball. I personally think Shrader gets more confidence in his passing game by having success running the ball. Get's that adrenaline and testosterone flowing.

If Shrader is dinged up or rattled we can't be afraid to have CDRW come in and see what he can do the way that Dabo put in their true freshman last week.

Game is NOT over...
But the last 4 qtrs have been a sh-t sandwich.
4th and 7...AND YOU GO FOR IT FROM THE 40??
A punt would have likely netted at most 20 yards based on how we have punted there. It was the right call but bad execution.

Yeah, still not sure what was up with that spot.
From where I sit, I though ST jogged over the mark to step out of bounds. Not blaming him really, but if you’re that close, make SURE it can’t be open to interpretation.

ITT: people who have never had a concussion and played football.
Idk what your point is but if it’s that you should play through a concussion when you’re not helping the team then it’s a bad point

The number of Fair weather fans on this board is incredible. If you are not going to watch the rest of the game just go and don’t bother telling us.

Go in that locker room, grab the kids that actually want to play today, and get back at it.
I think the team is playing hard. ND just has more talent. Those ND lines make our kids look like high school kids. We're simply a level lower. This hasn't got anything to do with playing hard.

People need to stop yelling at the injured QB who is trying his best. It's up to the million dollar coaches to make a change.. if they don't then this is on them.
He’s blowing 2nd and 1 and getting the ball off a pick in plus territory. This is horrible play and the guy killing us. Injury status is unknown. Last year the staff had no other option but to let him play through a throwing shoulder injury. It got ugly.

This year who knows. Shrader was actually better early season last year tho and won us some games. This season he let some mediocre teams hang around in the Dome while the D was lights out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom