Notre Dame/Kentucky... in-game thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame/Kentucky... in-game thread

Thought he played a great game...but I agree about the end. Last 3 trips up the court were a one-man dribbling display.

He did play a great game, but he cost them the win at the end. Too much dribbling. Send C-ton to the rack and draw a foul. They should have beaten them at the line.

ND stopped running offense and Grant just went one and one. That's not how you can beat Kentucky. Grant got stuck on the inbounds and could never advance the ball to the middle of the floor. Tough loss for ND. After watching this game, Kentucky can be beat by anyone left in the tournament. Okafor could cause them problems and the two bigs from Wisconsin can really hurt them.

Very selfish play by Grant down the stretch. They got away from what worked for 37 minutes
Yep they moved the ball and hit the open man for 37 minutes. Then the last 3 minutes it's all Grant going iso.

He did play a great game, but he cost them the win at the end. Too much dribbling. Send C-ton to the rack and draw a foul. They should have beaten them at the line.

I know - it sucks because he was so good all game. Then imploded. That was legitimate hero ball - overdribbled, and just all-around bad offense, bad strategy by Grant.

Notre Dame lost because they didn't play for a 2 for 1 when they had the ball with 1:10 left. They milked the entire shot clock and didn't even get a shot off. Give Kentucky credit they made their last 9 shots and 4 FTs.

WISCONSIN can beat Kentucky.

A sad sad day for the united states of america

Wisconsin doesn't have the point guards to beat kentucky imo. But they are tall and they can shoot.

Notre Dame lost because they didn't play for a 2 for 1 when they had the ball with 1:10 left. They milked the entire shot clock and didn't even get a shot off. Give Kentucky credit they made their last 9 shots and 4 FTs.

WISCONSIN can beat Kentucky.
Brey proved his lack of chops tonight. He's the shining light of the Coach K tree and its missing most of its branches.

The Irish were 1-1 against #1 ranked teams today. Both they and the Orange wish the win came in the other one.

Reactions: cto
We got 38 minutes of Jerian Grant, and 2 crappy minutes of Austin Rivers.

Loved that 3 seconds of dribbling needlessly back and forth between as his legs with 4 seconds on the shot clock before the fadeaway three toward the end.

I understnad cals comment he should throw his players under the buss in a elite 8 win. Thats why I would play for him

Man that is tough.. Notre Dame was the better team tonight and did not get the "w" they deserved.

ND was the better team for 38 minutes but the play in the final 2 minutes negates my belief that they deserved the win.

Great effort by ND. But they still didn't make the Final 4.

Imagine if SU hadn't made the Final 4 in more than 40 years.

Okay, I do have to give Kentucky massive credit for something...

I saw Jayson Stark tweet this stat, and didn't believe it. But the play by play on the box score backs it up. Over the last 12 minutes of the game, Kentucky was 9-9 from the field!

Wow. Yes, they missed some free throws...but damn. That's how you close a game.

Question. Anyone guess why Conaughton ran under the basket when his guy left him to double Grant while heading up the court? Wonder if Grant's dash was a mistake, or the called play? Sure didn't look like ND anticipated Grant being doubled and Grant sure didn't react to it. Well, that said 6 seconds doesn't give anyone a long time to recognize, then react. Doubling him with that height was a good defensive call by UK.

Another issue: The color guy kept saying Brey should sub Colson for Auguste on defense. Colson was the better defensive player and Auguste had 4 fouls. Kentucky's tying basket came when Towns backed down Auguste. It looked like a good point.

Last edited:
Question. Anyone guess why Conaughton ran under the basket when his guy left him to double Grant while heading up the court? Wonder if Grant's dash was a mistake, or the called play? Sure didn't look like ND anticipated Grant being doubled and Grant sure didn't react to it. Well, that said 6 seconds doesn't give anyone a long time to recognize, then react. Doubling him with that height was a good defensive call by UK.

I don't think Grant was giving that ball up under any circumstances. He would have dribbled out of bounds before passing.

Another issue: The color guy kept saying Brey should sub Colson for Auguste on defense. Colson was the better defensive player and Auguste had 4 fouls. Kentucky's typing basket came when Towns backed down Auguste. It looked like a good point.

I was about to post this. Auguste had to back off KAT and watch him score the tying bucket. I understand the criticism of not going two for one but this hasn't gotten much attention

I was about to post this. Auguste had to back off KAT and watch him score the tying bucket. I understand the criticism of not going two for one but this hasn't gotten much attention

He looked like Rak, with 4 fouls and no back-up, against Okafor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom