Notre Dame to vacate wins... | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame to vacate wins...

How about something meaningful like ship reduction? That would mean something.

Wasn't the public reprimand and censure for the university, 5k fine, and disassociation from the student trainer already excessive enough? I'm kinda surprised the NCCA even went public.

Wasn't the public reprimand and censure for the university, 5k fine, and disassociation from the student trainer already excessive enough? I'm kinda surprised the NCCA even went public.
forgive me

Can they vacate the 2016 win over us, so we can have our 5th and be APR bowl eligible?

I don't care if we actually play in a game, just let us have the 15 practices and we'll call it a day.

ND self reported where many other schools would have covered it up and swept it under the rug, in my opinion.

Why did they self report? ND is overly concerned with its image.

The NCAA is coming down hard on a school with annual great grad rates across the board and a history of self booting anyone who is caught doing anything even in the ballpark of academic cheating. So it goes, I guess.

ND self reported where many other schools would have covered it up and swept it under the rug, in my opinion.

The NCAA is coming down hard on a school with annual great grad rates across the board and a history of self booting anyone who is caught doing anything even in the ballpark of academic cheating. So it goes, I guess.
What took so long?

Did they strip Kelly of the wins as well? Sounds like a lack of control...

What took so long?
I think the point is if the NCAA is not going to see self-reporting as a mitigating circumstance, like it did not do with SU, what is the point in self reporting? Especially when other schools get away with the same things because they do not self report.

we self reported shlit in 2006 or so...they set up camp till 2014 digging up dirt.

bullshit.

ND should've got the death penalty.

They were Syracused' less the whole scholarship thing.

we self reported shlit in 2006 or so...they set up camp till 2014 digging up dirt.

bullshit.

ND should've got the death penalty.

Lol...ok.

ND discovered this themselves and self reported to NCAA. They immediately held a news conference that was covered live by ESPN in the fall of 2014. It was a lead story on ESPN and other sportscasts. The Chicago Tribune made it the top story on their sports page.

ND in no way covered this up and in fact was front and center in its response.

Notre Dame immediately suspended the players involved and after the investigation was completed, some were expelled from school and others lost credit hours and had their GPA lowered. I think ND did everything that the NCAA wished all their member schools would do. Yet they get hammered.

Lesson learned by other schools: cover it up as best you can and tell the NCAA to go to hell when they come snooping around. It appears that doing it the right way does not pay.

Lol...ok.

ND discovered this themselves and self reported to NCAA. They immediately held a news conference that was covered live by ESPN in the fall of 2014. It was a lead story on ESPN and other sportscasts. The Chicago Tribune made it the top story on their sports page.

Notre Dame immediately suspended the players involved and after the investigation was completed, some were expelled from school and others lost credit hours and had their GPA lowered. I think ND did everything that the NCAA wished all their member schools would do. Yet they get hammered.

Lesson learned by other schools: cover it up as best you can and tell the NCAA to go to hell when they come snooping around. It appears that doing it the right way does not pay.

Lesson should be don't cheat, it's pretty damn simple...

Lol...ok.

on what planet is that getting 'hammered???!!!!'

Well, excuse me if I don't share the outrage towards the NCAA. I think it's safe to say that nowhere, NOWHERE, do fans brag about their high academic standards and how they don't cheat like other schools quite like Notre Dame. They're special, kinda like, wait for it, St. Joe Pa.

Bleep 'em.

Lol...ok.

Oh Puhlease B!tch! Take your sanctimonious a$$back to South Bend.

3rmn5q.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom