Now that Hawaii needs a new HC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Now that Hawaii needs a new HC

I don't think Anae will seriously be considered for the job. The admin knows about Anae's disposition and history. This is a huge turn off for them. If June Jones wants the job it's his, but if not I would look at Smith; he had a lot of success with Rolovich as the OC and was well liked throughout the community.

I don't think we have to worry here.

XFLNewsHub liked

Scott Schlittenhart
@Scottschlittenh
·
4h

Sources have told me that Kevin Sumlin has been contacted about the position. He is torn on what to do as he just took a job with the Houston gamblers in the XFL. More to come as this story develops.
Quote Tweet

q52Is70M_mini.jpg

Hawaii Football

@HawaiiFootball
· 15h
Graham resigns as UH head football coach; the search for a new head coach begins immediately
Link symbol
Graham Resigns As UH Head Football Coach - University of Hawai'i at Manoa Athletics
Interesting, he would be a very good fit.

The massive homeless and raging meth problem is a huge turnoff to me. I’ve never been approached by so many aggressive out of there mind junkies and I’ve worked in some shady areas in my life. Once you leave the resorts and the main drag through Waikiki you are fair game to the insane asylum patients that call that place home.
no ice in paradise Brah! - dog the bounty hunter | Meme Generator

I love the Hawaiian islands, but I understand this. Honolulu, to me, is not impressive at all. Super crowded and pretty run down outside of the resorts that are piled on top of each other. North shore of Oahu is heaven though.
I just got back from Hawaii and i would love to spend 3 months a year there but i wouldn't want to raise my kids there. I guess if your Hawaiian it would be difficult to turn down. My guess is that he will take the job if offered and most likely take Beck with him.
I dont think hes getting the job based on why Graham left

I think the QB coach and his family is at the bball game sitting behind the table by the visiting team EDIT...NOT HIM...SORRY

Last edited:
Is the AD who hired Graham still there to do the hiring this round?

I just got back from Hawaii and i would love to spend 3 months a year there but i wouldn't want to raise my kids there. I guess if your Hawaiian it would be difficult to turn down. My guess is that he will take the job if offered and most likely take Beck with him.
Why would Beck leave if he has a chance to be OC here if Anae left?

Beat me to it. Go talk to him, JB and explain why today, with below 0 temperatures, and an impending nor eastern, is better than Hawaii at this time of the year.
Hawaii is under a tsunami warning today due to an explosive volcano in the Pacific. Is Syracuse under a tsunami warning today? Advantage… Syracuse. ;)

We spent the month of July in Hawaii, split between north shore Oahu and then Paia and Lahaina on Maui. We did 2 days in Waikiki and was not a fan. Been to Maui a few times and love it there and we'll be back to Oahu and then Big Island in July this year. We toyed around with moving there, but we have 4 kids and the oldest is 12, it would be difficult for them. I have a lot of friends that grew up there, and they all say it's not as fun as you think to grow up there. I was at a food truck in Haleiwa and the girl working asked where we were visiting from and I told her San Clemente and she said, "oh my gawwwwwd you're so lucky, it sucks here, my family and I love going on vacation to San Clemente and Laguna Beach." All the while in my head I was thinking, "wouldn't it be amazing to live here." Perspective is a funny thing.

We spent the month of July in Hawaii, split between north shore Oahu and then Paia and Lahaina on Maui. We did 2 days in Waikiki and was not a fan. Been to Maui a few times and love it there and we'll be back to Oahu and then Big Island in July this year. We toyed around with moving there, but we have 4 kids and the oldest is 12, it would be difficult for them. I have a lot of friends that grew up there, and they all say it's not as fun as you think to grow up there. I was at a food truck in Haleiwa and the girl working asked where we were visiting from and I told her San Clemente and she said, "oh my gawwwwwd you're so lucky, it sucks here, my family and I love going on vacation to San Clemente and Laguna Beach." All the while in my head I was thinking, "wouldn't it be amazing to live here." Perspective is a funny thing.
Yup, living in Hawaii is a tale of extremes. My wife hates it, I love it and that's how it is for most families that did not grow up there. The perspective also changes based on what you value. If you want your kids to have a good education then Hawaii is not the place, if you want them to have a ton of outdoor activities or be a world champ surfer this is the place. No matter what, best to stay away from Honolulu.

Because hes loyal
That doesn’t really pass the sniff test. Too good of an opportunity.

This thread is absurd even for this board.

It’s January with not much going on, it’s not really surprising. There’s not much on here to get triggered by other than the usual suspects.

Beat me to it. Go talk to him, JB and explain why today, with below 0 temperatures, and an impending nor eastern, is better than Hawaii at this time of the year.
No chance of a volcano blowing up while you are at practice.

The only thing football in Hawaii makes me think of is the old Pro Bowl and

1642346863435.jpeg