Now that Hawaii needs a new HC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Now that Hawaii needs a new HC

Hawaii is under a tsunami warning today due to an explosive volcano in the Pacific. Is Syracuse under a tsunami warning today? Advantage… Syracuse. ;)
But Syracuse is under 15 feet of snow. I keed. I keed.

No chance of a volcano blowing up while you are at practice.
The active volcanoes are to the southeast, on the Big Island and a new one off of the Big Island that will rise from the sea in 200,000 years at its current rate of lava flow.

If Anae took the UH job, couldn't he remain friends with SU and direct some talent Dino's way? If it's handled professionally.

I’ll give you this , you think outside the box.
And maybe Dino could direct some transfers and recruits out there. A working relationship, schedule games with them too.

Am I the only one who is not remotely worried about this? The Hawaii situation has been a known issue in coaching circled for some time. If Anae thought it was a possibility for him, he would have sat on the sideline until it opened.

I would be completely shocked if he ends up there.

Now I don't know
I don't know
I don't know where I'm a gonna go
When the volcano blow
Anyplace except the Big Island. All the others haven't erupted in thousands of years. There's a hot spot in the middle of the Pacific that's not part of the Ring of Fire. Hawai'i is over it. The plate has been moving to the northwest and each island in the chain was the vent of the hot spot over time. Right now, it's the Big Island. "Soon" geologically (200,000 years), it will be directly under a seamount that's forming on the floor of the Pacific and will form a new island that possibly could join into the Big Island if enough magma surfaces.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is not remotely worried about this? The Hawaii situation has been a known issue in coaching circled for some time. If Anae thought it was a possibility for him, he would have sat on the sideline until it opened.

I’m not even .00001% concerned about this.

Last edited:

yup. Im sure if he was on the short list they had plenty of time to see his interest before he signed at SU. They had feelers out awhile ago.. They need a culture change and hiring an older HC at the end of his career might not be the direction they would want to go anyway.

ACC is P5 football and more of a challenge, I’m not concerned.

If Anae took the UH job, couldn't he remain friends with SU and direct some talent Dino's way? If it's handled professionally.
They could be the Kansas City Athletics to our New York Yankees.