• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support Syracusefan.com.

Number 44

No. But it gets me thinking, would we ever bring it out of retirement? The only way I see it happening is if we promise it to a 5 Star top RB or to a 4 year starter in his senior year who has proved to be absolutely special. So not likely but who knows

UelSU

Starter
Using 44 was a neat recruiting tradition once, but it's long dead now. What bugs me (a little) is who's the 44 up in the "rafters" for? All the 44's or just the big 3. Shouldn't there be (3) 44's up there if it's just for the big 3? ...and the garbage bag look of them is awful. Maybe there will be an upgrade with the new roof.

jr4750

All American
Using 44 was a neat recruiting tradition once, but it's long dead now. What bugs me (a little) is who's the 44 up in the "rafters" for? All the 44's or just the big 3. Shouldn't there be (3) 44's up there if it's just for the big 3? ...and the garbage bag look of them is awful. Maybe there will be an upgrade with the new roof.
Yes, they should clean up all the retired numbers, and put individual jerseys up there for the 44s. It absolutely looks like a garbage bag. Dome decor I pray is part of the refurb coming. Even if we get less, let’s make it look better.

Trueblue25

Great Dungey’s Kneecap
The one down the street from me here in MA closed... It was terrible.. Maybe just poor management/chef?
The one in Fayetteville’s ran by a great guy, and massive orange fan. He’s managed to get Jim Boeheim’s radio show over to Carrabbas over Delmonico’s this year.

Yes, they should clean up all the retired numbers, and put individual jerseys up there for the 44s. It absolutely looks like a garbage bag. Dome decor I pray is part of the refurb coming. Even if we get less, let’s make it look better.
Yep clean up all of the junk that is up. Maybe I have seen it too many times but the picture of the tight jim brown lax shorts and the best lacrosse program ever and the 2003 title shirt and the billy joel number and the guys from 1959 celebrating...all of it needs to be the same and look less meaty.

Nahson

Your best friend
Should we give Adams the number next year?
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no

bcubs9497

All Conference
What was the name of that RB recruit from a few years back; the one that was, ultimately, a train-wreck and ended up at a G5? There was a lot of back-and-forth about using "44" to entice him here.

What was the name of that RB recruit from a few years back; the one that was, ultimately, a train-wreck and ended up at a G5? There was a lot of back-and-forth about using "44" to entice him here.
Robert Washington, Jr.

A lesson learned, to be sure...

tep624

All American
Robert Washington, Jr.

A lesson learned, to be sure...
I wonder what became of him. He had a pretty promising season as a true freshman at Charlotte, then left the team during his sophomore year and subsequently transferred. I don't know if he landed anywhere.

Top Bottom