Nunes Magician: Hybrid SU/BC uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Nunes Magician: Hybrid SU/BC uniforms

Eric15

Living Legend
Does This SU-BC Hybrid Uniform Actually Look Good?

This is the BC style uniform with SU colors that Nunes Magician played around with. Um, this looks amazing, can we sign up for this right now?

tXklyv9-2.0.png

Something doesn't look right to me - I don't know what it is. Btw, if he can photo-shop the colors, can't he photo-shop out the BC logo?

Something doesn't look right to me - I don't know what it is. Btw, if he can photo-shop the colors, can't he photo-shop out the BC logo?

The tint of the color orange is slightly off. It's a little too UTEP and not SU.

To each their own, but you guys really prefer our strange number font, random zig-zags and bizarre color schemes over this simple look that is our traditional colors?

I just want something to complain about. I mean winning is fun, but boooorrriiing. I hope we change it to something but not anything that makes me think "Syracuse"...

These threads are a board tradition. And we have so, so few.

To each their own, but you guys really prefer our strange number font, random zig-zags and bizarre color schemes over this simple look that is our traditional colors?

Don't like either one! the current number font and zig zags are horrific. that just makes the Nunes hybrid one look less bad, but it's still bad. Too Auburn as Jrod mentioned above.

looks fantastic. The simpler helmet is more Syracuse than I can remember since, oh, 2004.

We need to switch UA and then let them play around with our 1990s look ala BC's look here.

I just want something to complain about. I mean winning is fun, but boooorrriiing. I hope we change it to something but not anything that makes me think "Syracuse"...

These threads are a board tradition. And we have so, so few.
Winning isn't completely controllable. You put your best on the field against the other team and see who has more points in the end. Uniforms are completely controllable and it's nice to have good looking ones when the rest of the country sees us winning, instead of the grey sweatpants we had last week that showed off those glorious sweat spots that grew as the game went on.

You complain about every uniform thread that pops up. You could just refrain from clicking on them.

Csonka without Floyd. That must be 1967.

Baylor came north to play us and only bought their white jerseys. (Not many TV games then.) Fortunately, SU, who had worn white at home and on the road since the late 50's, had blue jerseys. They looked great and they kept this design until Ben retired.

The guys in the picture are:

Gerry Vogt (50), 6-1 195 center, Pete Pietryka, (33), 6-2 185 DE, Steve Zegalia, (86) 5-10 200 DE, Tom Couglin (49), 6-0 195 HB

Larry Csonka (39) 6-2 230 FB, John Kosakowski (32), 6-1 205 DE and Frank Parrish (12), 5-11 190 DB.

It was a different era. Csonka was a man among boys.

Here's a shot from 1969:

slide_15-0431.jpg

It was the 100th anniversary of college football and all teams had a helmet decal that said "100"

Last edited:
I came across this shot of Dave Sarette throwing a pass against West Virginia in 1959:

college-football-syracuse-qb-dave-sarette-in-action-passing-vs-west-picture-id186098665

This is the game that took place in Archbold, not in Morgantown and was totally misrepresented in "The Express". SU won 44-0 and Ben Schwartzwalder didn't take his black players out to avoid a riot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom