NY Giants 2021 True Blue Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NY Giants 2021 True Blue Thread

I think you caught what I was saying, but I meant "if we can't beat ATL...".

But to your point, yes, we need to get the Ws.

Asking for .500 in this division is not a big lift (and 9-8 overall)
Yeah, I keep forgetting about that 17th game.

Yeah, I keep forgetting about that 17th game.

It would be a lot easier to cut bait on this team if we were just terrible across the board. But there is enough of a spark (I know, I know) where I can't just give up on them quite yet.

With that said, if I see two separate sideline spats again this week, I'll probably just start watching Redzone channel on Sundays from now on.

Man, it’s really getting old the way they constantly find ways to lose.

It’s one thing to lose a heartbreaking 1 point game, but it’s another when you have monumental botches like that. Like...somebody actually missed a last second FG against us! We’ve seen teams like Carolina and Philly hit like 65 yarders or whatever to beat us. And they missed!!!! And we were offsides??!! Just...the worst. Inexcusable.

The losing culture is real and year after year we just can’t shake it.
Why is it when the game is tied it still feels like we are losing.

No team loses on a time-expiring field goal quite like the New York Football Giants.
Well first you had the dropped interception in the end zone by the big free agent signee, followed by the pass interference in the end zone followed by the Atlanta touchdown. Also the obligatory Evan Engram fumble and drop.

Well first you had the dropped interception in the end zone by the big free agent signee, followed by the pass interference in the end zone followed by the Atlanta touchdown. Also the obligatory Evan Engram fumble and drop.
Engram is my least favorite Giant of all time.

PI was horse crap call but never should have got to that point.

At what point are we cutting bait with DG and JJ?
I’m good with cutting bait with everybody top to bottom and starting brand new like an expansion team. Is that an option? Can our dork owner make good on his friendship with Goodell and get him to let us do an expansion draft?

That would be the easiest way to change this loser culture.

I doubt ownership makes a change mid-season (unless they don't win for 3 or 4 more weeks in a row).

But the day after the season ends, I want them both cleaning out their offices. I wasn't enamored with the Judge choice from the get-go - ownership drank the Belichick Kool-Aid. Never impressed by Gettleman.

I’m good with cutting bait with everybody top to bottom and starting brand new like an expansion team. Is that an option? Can our dork owner make good on his friendship with Goodell and get him to let us do an expansion draft?

Maybe John Mara can stop worrying about taunting and start caring about how terrible we are and have been.

I doubt ownership makes a change mid-season (unless they don't win for 3 or 4 more weeks in a row).

But the day after the season ends, I want them both cleaning out their offices. I wasn't enamored with the Judge choice from the get-go - ownership drank the Belichik Kool-Aid. Never impressed by Gettleman.

Agreed. Unless we somehow rally and go .500 or better.

We can’t keep having losing seasons every single year.

I was a NYG season ticket holder when the “15 years of lousy football is enough” banner appeared in the Meadowlands skies. It may be time for a repeat flight.

I was a NYG season ticket holder when the “15 years of lousy football is enough” banner appeared in the Meadowlands skies. It may be time for a repeat flight.
As a kid thought the Ray Handley- Dan Reeves years were bad and felt like they went on forever. Even in that era, the longest playoff drought was 3 seasons (94-96), and never had more than 2 losing seasons in a row.

Why is it when the game is tied it still feels like we are losing.
To quote former WFAN overnight guy and current New York New York podcast host John Jastremski "They're just good enough to lose". My Giants UNDER 7 season long win total ticket is looking real good right now. Next 3 are @Saints, @Cowboys, vs. Rams.

To quote former WFAN overnight guy and current New York New York podcast host John Jastremski "They're just good enough to lose". My Giants UNDER 7 season long win total ticket is looking real good right now. Next 3 are @Saints, @Cowboys, vs. Rams.

The frustrating thing is they should’ve been up by 10 or so on Washington.

And from the sounds of it, it seems they should’ve been up today too.

They really know how to squander chances to build a lead.

It would be one thing if they were overachieving to keep the game close against flat out better teams and just falling short at the end. Doesn’t seem like that’s the case.

The frustrating thing is they should’ve been up by 10 or so on Washington.

And from the sounds of it, it seems they should’ve been up today too.

They really know how to squander chances to build a lead.

It would be one thing if they were overachieving to keep the game close against flat out better teams and just falling short at the end. Doesn’t seem like that’s the case.
Next 3 are daunting on paper but if you want to be positive next week Jameis could have one of his 4 INT games, the Dallas games usually are tight, and the Rams have been known to put up a stinker when heavily favored.

I normally enjoy a brutal NYG loss but they are happening so often that I don't enjoy them as much these days. I hate to admit this but it's better for the NFL when the G-men are competitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom