Obviously, Something Happened | Syracusefan.com

Obviously, Something Happened

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
But it was ambiguous to the point that all parties settled it then and there. But, if I were JB, I would have him in plain clothes for a few games.

He can deny the whole thing and no one would know anything different. The store isn't going to go tell the university

He was caught with items he had no payment receipt for. Store let him pay for them, end of story. Hope he learned something.
We shall see if Boeheim chooses to do something.

Do you know this to be a fact? Did he pay for any of the items in his possession prior to detainment or none at all? If he did pay for some, do you know where they were (i.e. Lord & Taylor bag, etc.) vs. the items unpaid for? I wonder if the store has video surveilance for the probable cause or if it solely was from what the security officer eyewitnessed?

From a pure behavioral pattern standpoint, If indeed MCW was alone at Destiny when this incident occurred, I find that to be interesting, if not somewhat telling...usually when these kids go to places such as this around town, etc., seldom are they by themselves...

But it was ambiguous to the point that all parties settled it then and there. But, if I were JB, I would have him in plain clothes for a few games.
so you have no idea what happened, but you would suspend him for a few games even though no charges were filed, he wasn't arrested, there will be no judicial process, etc? Genius.

I'm not implying that something did or didn't happen--there is no way of knowing, and suggesting otherwise is nothing more than jumping to conclusions.

But jumping to conclusions does beg the question: did we learn nothing from the Scoop / point shaving false report?

You guys are so weird and obviously in denial.

He probably tried to steal something and got caught by security. Security realized who he was and somebody in charge decided to let him go.

That's it. The end. What are you afraid of hearing? He's a kid who made a dumb decision and lucked out. Everybody on this board is acting so strange and trying to hush everybody up.

He probably tried to steal something and got caught by security. Security realized who he was and somebody in charge decided to let him go.

That's it. The end. What are you afraid of hearing? He's a kid who made a dumb decision and lucked out. Everybody on this board is acting so strange and trying to hush everybody up.

What's really weird is reaching any conclusion or making definitive declarations based upon incomplete information.

Honestly, I'm not worried about hearing anything. I just think it is tremendously irresponsible to declare that X happened or Y happened when nobody knows anything, and start talking about appropriate punishments--again, because nobody knows.

How do you know that he "made a dumb decision," that he "lucked out," or that he is guilty of anything? If he is, then he'll deserve whatever punishment he has coming. And if not, then he doesn't deserve the presumption of guilt.

What should I tell my niece and nephew? Won't somebody please think of the children?

All I want to know is this:

Why are we still talking about it? It never made the police blotter. The PS reported that MCW was NOT arrested. No one outside of Syracuse has shown the least bit of interest. It's been a couple days, and we haven't heard a peep other than "he wasn't ever actually arrested."

This is the downside of having a week off. We have nothing better to discuss than a total non-event, and speculate whether a person should be benched for said non-event?

Good lord...

No one is trying to hush anything up. You used the word probably. Then you jumped to the conclusion that suddenly security realized who he was and let him go. Maybe we are afraid of someone posting something that they have no idea is true of not. The subject was what to do about it. The answer is nothing. He wasn't arrested. Let's suppose he was stopped by a cop for speeding. And let go. Should he be suspended for that? Far more dangerous for the community. No one here knows for certain what happened. We all have our own ideas. But no proof. It is past time to let this go.

so you have no idea what happened, but you would suspend him for a few games even though no charges were filed, he wasn't arrested, there will be no judicial process, etc? Genius.
Ahh...There need be no judicial process in the court of Boeheim. genius (with a small "g")

I'm not implying that something did or didn't happen--there is no way of knowing, and suggesting otherwise is nothing more than jumping to conclusions.

Your quote reminded me of a scene in a great movie, 'All The President's Men.' It's when Redford (Woodward) says to Hoffman (Bernstein)...if you went to bed and there wasn't any snow on the ground, but in the morning there was, even though you didn't see it snow, you could conclude that it did indeed snow overnight. :noidea:

Whatever happened to presumed innocence, one of the bedrock principles of our legal system?

Whatever happened to presumed innocence, one of the bedrock principles of our legal system?
The Bernie scandal should have made it abundantly clear that the presumption of innocence is an antiquated notion.

Really? I wonder how Bernie feels about that flintstone, I mean bedrock, principle? :noidea:

I have no idea what happened but if I went to a fellow Big East school I'd have my markers out working on some very entertaining signs for when the Cuse comes to town. I'm actually looking forward to what we'll see.

Your quote reminded me of a scene in a great movie, 'All The President's Men.' It's when Redford (Woodward) says to Hoffman (Bernstein)...if you went to bed and there wasn't any snow on the ground, but in the morning there was, even though you didn't see it snow, you could conclude that it did indeed snow overnight. :noidea:

The problem with that analogy is that in this case there wasn't any snow.

"Nobody knows" lalallalalalla *plugs ears*

Common sense says otherwise. Everybody knows deep down what probably went down. You're right MCW was not arrested, not charged, and won't be suspended or penalized in any way.

So let's cut the BS and move on. Accept what happened and that there are no consequences. I'm the only one here who seems not to give a crap about what he did. But then again if athletes get paid he wouldn't have to steal, but that's opening up another can of worms ;)

don't claim to know what happened but what i do know is that the truth will eventually come out and history has taught us nothing if not that a coverup is always ten time worse than a mea culpa.
Foul deeds will rise,
Though all the earth o'erwhelm them, to men's eyes.

hamlet.

"Nobody knows" lalallalalalla *plugs ears*

Common sense says otherwise. Everybody knows deep down what probably went down. You're right MCW was not arrested, not charged, and won't be suspended or penalized in any way.

So let's cut the BS and move on. Accept what happened and that there are no consequences. I'm the only one here who seems not to give a crap about what he did. But then again if athletes get paid he wouldn't have to steal, but that's opening up another can of worms ;)

You're right about one thing: MCW was not arrested or charged with anything. Those are the only facts that anyone knows.

The rest of your post is bunk. But hey--speculate away. You've already convicted him based upon "common sense."

The problem with that analogy is that in this case there wasn't any snow.

Nope, no snow, just apparently some unpaid items in his possession that he was fortunate enough to be pardoned for. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom