Obviously, Something Happened | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Obviously, Something Happened

i don't care how big barney is. the bigger the better.and i hope he leaves some nice bruises cuz when the REAL police show up and find i ain't took nothing why then next christmas you're shopping at LORD & TBONES.

But it was ambiguous to the point that all parties settled it then and there. But, if I were JB, I would have him in plain clothes for a few games.

"A few games"? That's nuts.

Generally, a store employee needs some probable cause to detain someone.
It is EXTRAORDINARILY unusual for a non-violent detainee to be physically constrained.
That is almost asking for a lawsuit.
There are some major questions surrounding the "misunderstanding" here.

Absolutely!

Additionally, based upon my experience, when the individual(s) detained are found to have nothing on them (unpaid for merchandise in their possession, etc.), generally, more times than not, a false arrest/defamation claim or suit ensues. I gather this likely will not be the case here...

You guys are so weird and obviously in denial.

He probably tried to steal something and got caught by security. Security realized who he was and somebody in charge decided to let him go.

That's it. The end. What are you afraid of hearing? He's a kid who made a dumb decision and lucked out. Everybody on this board is acting so strange and trying to hush everybody up.
...and you know this because everything in this world fits into a neatly wrapped stereotype.

Absolutely!

Additionally, based upon my experience, when the individual(s) detained are found to have nothing on them (unpaid for merchandise in their possession, etc.), generally, more times than not, a false arrest/defamation claim or suit ensues. I gather this likely will not be the case here...

i would further add that if approached by store security and you are guilty then roll over rover and start begging for mercy. offer to pay,cry,wet your pants and promise never to return and hopefully (wink) they'll let you go.
if on the other hand you are innocent then offer them a search of everything you got but by all means DO NOT LEAVE THE STORE FLOOR! stay in public view and make a scene through the whole ordeal .in fact insist they call the police immediatlely. i repeat DO NOT FOLLOW THEM TO SOME ROOM! and if they try to drag you then fight like hell. your brief humiliation will be rewarded i promise.

i would further add that if approached by store security and you are guilty then roll over rover and start begging for mercy. offer to pay,cry,wet your pants and promise never to return and hopefully (wink) they'll let you go.
if on the other hand you are innocent then offer them a search of everything you got but by all means DO NOT LEAVE THE STORE FLOOR! stay in public view and make a scene through the whole ordeal .in fact insist they call the police immediatlely. i repeat DO NOT FOLLOW THEM TO SOME ROOM! and if they try to drag you then fight like hell. your brief humiliation will be rewarded i promise.
It seems you have experience with both scenarios.

In 'light' of your post, albeit somewhat sensational, you're generally correct. :) Many times the legal system/courtroom is just as much theatre as it is a legal forum.

I prefer this strategy;

SUball

Keep
Calm
and
Michael-
Carter-
Carry
On

... which most certainly needs to be made into a T-Shirt.

I prefer this strategy;

SUball

Keep

Calm

and

Michael-

Carter-

Carry

On

... which most certainly needs to be made into a T-Shirt.

I don't know about using the word 'carry' in the tee...carry is an offensive violation in basketball...some may connect the dots to some other unjustified place... ;)

...and you know this because everything in this world fits into a neatly wrapped stereotype.

You guys have nothing to offer back. I keep waiting for somebody to come up with an explanation besides "we don't know what happened" and nobody has.

You can attack me for calling a spade a spade, but your living in lala land.

You called a picture of a piece of iron a spade.

Mark Shwarz did that once. Don't be a Schwarz. Should be a bumper sticker.

Don't tell me what I know and don't know. Just because you don't know how to connect two dots doesn't mean I don't either.

Someone doesn't know the difference between knowledge and belief.

We can end this, but in 1993 - or ever- black moon wasn't cool, backpacks or not.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

^^what?!?!

Cuse_MN..your "hip hop pass" is officially REVOKED!

This whole thing was worth it if for no other reason that spawning a board debate about a poster's hip-hop credentials. That was great.

As for the above statement, I guess it depends on what exactly happens. I wouldn't think a couple games or maybe even a third is all that out of line if the "misunderstanding" is closer to "shop-lifting" than "a kid being victim of racial profiling." I only mean to suggest that criminal charges shouldn't necessarily be the only factor when discussing a kid's punishment. And, for MCW's sake, I really think it would drive home the message that 'hey, you're a public figure with a bright future. What you do still has ramifications, however, and there is a whole team counting you, blah, blah, blah..." I don't think that's a bad lesson particularly since I doubt we'd lose those games and, even if we did, it's not like it's that big a deal if it gets a good message across.

We talking Black Moon as in 'the dudes who made this album' ...Black Moon? If so, Cuse_MN may have to be put on ignore, damnit!

Word. If MCW was physically in jail, then I think he should sit those games UNLESS JB could use his connections to get MCW furloughed from jail to play in games.

We talking Black Moon as in 'the dudes who made this album' ...Black Moon? If so, Cuse_MN may have to be put on ignore, damnit!

Ok, i'll give the album more props, forgot some of those songs. Good samples as well. To the jokers here, I don't take myself seriously so nobody else should, but hey if I get called out on not knowing hip hop i can drop it old school, at least I wasn't tossing out mc hammer and criss cross as examples of me being in the loop. That being said, well played mocking my comments!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

imagesCAERLZPL.jpg

Ok, i'll give the album more props, forgot some of those songs. Good samples as well. To the jokers here, I don't take myself seriously so nobody else should, but hey if I get called out on not knowing hip hop i can drop it old school, at least I wasn't tossing out mc hammer and criss cross as examples of me being in the loop. That being said, well played mocking my comments!
you. i like you. I think we'd get along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom