Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Here is the problem for Giants fans. The Eli debate is now starting to divide the fanbase the Kaiser wing would rather go 6-10 and have the ability to fall back on Eli isn’t declining. This portion of the fanbase was larger last year and when it rose up after he was benched Mara rolled over and they kept Eli.
While you are in the portion of the fanbase who just wants to bottom out this year and get the rebuild started.
The problem is the fanbase was divided last year but not that much the pro Eli crowd was probably 80-20 in his favor last year.
Now after 6 games it’s probably closer to 50/50.
The guy has 2 SBs but his career record is 120-116 with the playoffs it’s goes up to 128-120 you guys should be seeing what Lauletta has in December and let Eli start the home finale. Right now if Eli was released after the year I don’t think another team would want him.
You couldn’t be more wrong.

Is he right for the shlitiest offensive line in history??

Hell no, he wears cement shoes.

Did we all see that coming...again??!!

No

Does anyone care about his overall record??

No. Just you alsacs

The Giants don’t need a ‘QB class’ to be good, all they need is 1 guy for that’s all they will draft.

And nobody at the top will be taking A QB but them.

AND they got Barkley.

People shlit on Eli before he won 1.

Then thy got butt hurt and embarrassed and said it was a fluke and he got lucky.

Then he won another.

And those same people got more butt hurt and got laughed at even harder.

Now it’s the end of his career and those same ‘can’t spot talent ignorant fools’ are all over him to finally...not have their point thrown in their face and be ridiculed.

The Defense quitting was another thing at least I never saw coming.

Last edited:
You couldn’t be more wrong.

Is he right for the shlitiest offensive line in history??

Hell no, he wears cement shoes.

Did we all see that coming...again??!!

No

Does anyone care about his overall record??

No. Just you alsacs

The Giants don’t need a ‘QB class’ to be good, all they need is 1 guy for that’s all they will draft.

And nobody at the top will be taking A QB but them.

AND they got Barkley.

People shlit on Eli before he won 1.

Then thy got butt hurt and embarrassed and said it was a fluke and he got lucky.

Then he won another.

And those same people got more butt hurt and got laughed at even harder.

Now it’s the end of his career and those same ‘can’t spot talent ignorant fools’ are all over him to finally...not have their point thrown in their face and be ridiculed.

The Defense quitting was another thing at least I never saw coming.
Your OL isn’t even one of the worst 5 in the league.
The rest is your opinion and is subjective. The top of the draft will always include a QB every year even if the first pick isn’t one. Teams trade up see LA Rams for Goff or Philadelphia for Wentz.

Your OL isn’t even one of the worst 5 in the league.
The rest is your opinion and is subjective. The top of the draft will always include a QB every year even if the first pick isn’t one. Teams trade up see LA Rams for Goff or Philadelphia for Wentz.
No it’s the worst.

I don’t need a sabermetric guy to tell me something different.

So you’re saying QBs will be available next year??

Interesting.

The o-line is one of the worst 5 in the league. I didn't think that was in question

The o-line is one of the worst 5 in the league. I didn't think that was in question

Lol, I don’t know why he’s even trying to spin this OL thing. The OL sucks and is the biggest weakness of the offense. Not much to discuss there.

I’m holding out a glimmer of hope that they “might” be starting to run block a little better. We’ll see.

It is question.
The PFF people who watch every play don’t have the Giants in the bottom 5.
The NYG OL is weak on one side but overall isn’t one of the bottom 5.

NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 team's units after Week 5 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus
Buffalo, Arizona, Houston, Cincinnati and Seattle are all worse than the Giants and that isn’t a question.
zes39.jpg.cf.jpg

I sure hope yards gained isn’t a category.

For if it is, then this means nothing.

Barkley has gained every yard this year by himself.

Take all his yards out...and not his touches.

Then where would the Giants rank??

I sure hope yards gained isn’t a category.

For if it is, then this means nothing.

Barkley has gained every yard this year by himself.

Take all his yards out...and not his touches.

Then where would the Giants rank??
Anyone that has watched a game knows how good the Giants line is.

It is question.

NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 team's units after Week 5 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus
Buffalo, Arizona, Houston, Cincinnati and Seattle are all worse than the Giants and that isn’t a question.

I've taken a special interest in Cinci cuz I have them 10 to 1 to win their division. I've watched them a fair amount and their OL is pretty decent. No way they are bottom five. They
are averaging about 30 points a game.

I've taken a special interest in Cinci cuz I have them 10 to 1 to win their division. I've watched them a fair amount and their OL is pretty decent. No way they are bottom five. They
are averaging about 30 points a game.
The right side of the OL blows.
Redmond and Hart are awful that drags their line down just like the Giants C and right side are struggling.
Hernandez has been graded the top run blocking G in the league and Solder has been middle of the road.

The Bengals like sucks at run blocking but been okay at pass blocking thus they have scored points.
PFF is fair and honest.

Young kids about to be cut, making up for their own lack of ability by sort of agreeing to likely lead in questions like...wouldn’t it be great if u had a mobile QB like Mahomes??

Don’t fly in my book.

DO YOUR JOB...and sorry but if Willie is the top graded guard in the league at anything...I’ll eat my hat.

I think he was top graded ROOKIE guard, but not overall.

And his pass protection is ‘look out! ‘ level at best.

Young kids about to be cut, making up for their own lack of ability by sort of agreeing to likely lead in questions like...wouldn’t it be great if u had a mobile QB like Mahomes??

Don’t fly in my book.

DO YOUR JOB...and sorry but if Willie is the top graded guard in the league at anything...I’ll eat my hat.

I think he was top graded ROOKIE guard, but not overall.

And his pass protection is ‘look out! ‘ level at best.
Do Your Job is copyrighted the Patriots.
After the Eagles game Hernandez is down to the 4th highest rated guard in the entire league. That is including pass blocking.
His run blocking is off the charts.
Hernandez slides a bit down this list after a pretty forgettable performance against the Philadelphia Eagles this past week, his lowest-graded game as a pro so far at 56.6 overall. Despite the down game, Hernandez still ranks fourth among 71 guards who’ve seen at least 100 offensive snaps this season in terms of overall grade, and he’s one of just three guards who currently own both run blocking and pass blocking grades north of 70.0

It is question.

Eh, that’s misleading. Adding numbers doesn’t answer everything. The only reason the Giants are even 24 is Hernandez’s very good grade. One player does not an OL make. Heck, look at #25, the Chargers, right below the Giants. 4 of 5 are higher than the Giants OL but Hernandez alone makes the “math” better.

The right side of the OL blows.
Redmond and Hart are awful that drags their line down just like the Giants C and right side are struggling.
Hernandez has been graded the top run blocking G in the league and Solder has been middle of the road.

The Bengals like sucks at run blocking but been okay at pass blocking thus they have scored points.
PFF is fair and honest.

Totally disagree with you. If u suck at pass blocking like the NYG do then you're going nowhere. This is a passing league. Dalton is having the best start to his career. That wouldn't happen behind a bad OL. To try to argue that the NYG don't have a bad offensive line is downright comical. Fletcher Cox was toying with the interior of the NYG line. They're awful.

I watched the entire league have all day to pass yesterday.

ALL DAY

Ben was sending out for coffee.

I remember that, sorta... ‘‘twas a long time ago...

And I’m beginning to think in a galaxy far far away.

At least alsacs tells me Hernandez is good, so that’s 2 good draft picks to build on.

I have a 57 point lead in fantasy heading into tonight. I'm done but my opponent still has Beckham, Sterling Shepard and Aldrick Rosas. I'd feel pretty confident but you just never know when you have the greatest QB in NFL history patrolling that offense.

I need the GMen to do two things for me tonight. 1) Not lose by 14 or more and 2) go over 53.5 with the total. Seeing them lose a high scoring heartbreaker would be ideal. :)

I have a 57 point lead in fantasy heading into tonight. I'm done but my opponent still has Beckham, Sterling Shepard and Aldrick Rosas. I'd feel pretty confident but you just never know when you have the greatest QB in NFL history patrolling that offense.
That’s HOF greatest QB in NFL history and don’t forget it.

The idiot GM started that bum Goff.

That said, u will lose.