Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

The idiot GM started that bum Goff.

That said, u will lose.

I didn't realize I was up against the Kaiser but should have known with that Giants lineup. Weirder things have happened -almost blew a huge lead last week in that Patriots- Chiefs game.

Also add, “and he’s the NE Patriots daddy”.
5 Super Titles this Era doesn’t make him the Pats daddy regardless of the losses.
Eli made the Manningham throw in the second one but he wasn’t why they won. The Pats only scored 14 points and 17 points. That was the Giants D. Those 2 SBs are the Pats lowest scoring SBs and why they lost.
The Pats have played 8 50/50 SBs and won 5 of them.
The 07 loss was tough but honestly the 2011 team wasn’t that good. It was a product of a bad AFC. They beat Tim Tebow in the divisional round and barely beat the Ravens in the AFC title game. Julian Edelman was the teams nickel CB.
Giants were playing better than the Pats by the SB time. More impressive in the playoffs no doubt.
07 was the one that hurt.

So an interesting 3-way trade could happen if the Giants wanted to move Eli.

Eli to Jaguars.
Derek Carr and 3rd round pick from Jax to the Giants
Giants first round pick to Oakland.
Giants get a legit QB of the future young.
Contend next year. Go down 2 rounds for the QB.

So an interesting 3-way trade could happen if the Giants wanted to move Eli.

Eli to Jaguars.
Derek Carr and 3rd round pick from Jax to the Giants
Giants first round pick to Oakland.
Giants get a legit QB of the future young.
Contend next year. Go down 2 rounds for the QB.

The Carr to the Giants rumor was reported a few days ago. But the guys been bad for 1 1/2 years. Giants aren’t giving up Manning and a #1. Especially when the #1 might be a top 5 pick.

The Carr to the Giants rumor was reported a few days ago. But the guys been bad for 1 1/2 years. Giants aren’t giving up Manning and a #1. Especially when the #1 might be a top 5 pick.

Hmm...I’m interested. Gruden was a terrible hire, I blame him for this season’s mess.

27 years old, 3 time pro bowler, 5 year veteran...that all sounds ideal to me.

We don’t want to break in a rookie IMO - we’d waste the primes of Odell and Barkley waiting for him to be any good, and our line is not one you want to subject a rookie to. A veteran who can move a bit would be ideal.

5 Super Titles this Era doesn’t make him the Pats daddy regardless of the losses.
Eli made the Manningham throw in the second one but he wasn’t why they won. The Pats only scored 14 points and 17 points. That was the Giants D. Those 2 SBs are the Pats lowest scoring SBs and why they lost.
The Pats have played 8 50/50 SBs and won 5 of them.
The 07 loss was tough but honestly the 2011 team wasn’t that good. It was a product of a bad AFC. They beat Tim Tebow in the divisional round and barely beat the Ravens in the AFC title game. Julian Edelman was the teams nickel CB.
Giants were playing better than the Pats by the SB time. More impressive in the playoffs no doubt.
07 was the one that hurt.

92eb938a2705bba7fcac5d15160914c655eb313ca5351beead13799b45f2bcd3.jpg.cf.jpg

We just threw the ball to Saquon 8 yards behind the line, running sideways, with 3 defenders on him, on 3rd and 2.

That’s it for me. Goodnight.

I mean the reality of the situation is, talent be damned, we’re just not a very good football team.

I’m hopeful for the future, but it’s going to take time at this point. We can’t protect Eli, which he needs to be successful. And the clock is too close to the end to patch those holes and try to make a run with him.

The biggest focal points need to be the right side of the OL & QB. The skill talent is young enough to help through the transition. But, at this point you have to make a move for 2019.

The D is not that bad, it’s mediocreish. You should be able to overcome that with the playmakers you have.

OBJ is certainly a diva but man he can make plays that very few receivers can make.

We can argue about what we need and who we should have drafted, but we have the wrong GM and wrong coach.

What a mess when we had such a good opportunity.

They copied your Eagles from 2 weeks ago.
It’s smart analytics.
If you make it a score and XP wins the game. If you miss it’s still a 1 score game.
If it's smart then why does everyone on social media think it's a terrible call.

We can argue about what we need and who we should have drafted, but we have the wrong GM and wrong coach.

What a mess when we had such a good opportunity.
I have no qualms with last year’s draft, don’t agree at all yet on the GM & Coach.

If it's smart then why does everyone on social media think it's a terrible call.
They don’t get math.
The decision was smart.
If the Giants convert then the extra point wins if they score again.
If they miss it’s still a 1 score game.
Eagles math guys did numbers on it.
Against Minnesota the Eagles did the same thing and converted the 2 point conversion down 14 but they didn’t get the second score.

They copied your Eagles from 2 weeks ago.
It’s smart analytics.
If you make it a score and XP wins the game. If you miss it’s still a 1 score game.
If it was so smart you would go for two after every touchdown

If it was so smart you would go for two after every touchdown
No only when down 14. It makes sense.
If you miss then your down 8. If you make it then a TD and XP puts you ahead.
It’s a decision to use in the 4th Q.
Philadelphia did it 2 weeks ago. They converted the 2 but didn’t get the second score.

They don’t get math.
The decision was smart.
If the Giants convert then the extra point wins if they score again.
If they miss it’s still a 1 score game.
Eagles math guys did numbers on it.
Against Minnesota the Eagles did the same thing and converted the 2 point conversion down 14 but they didn’t get the second score.
Justin Pugh‏Verified account @JustinPugh 10m10 minutes ago
More

Can someone explain the thinking in going for two there? Am I missing something?

Justin Pugh, one of millions, puzzled about it.