Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

No only when down 14. It makes sense.
If you miss then your down 8. If you make it then a TD and XP puts you ahead.
It’s a decision to use in the 4th Q.
Philadelphia did it 2 weeks ago. They converted the 2 but didn’t get the second score.
A team scores a td with a 1 pt lead in the 4th quarter. They all kick the extra pt. They should go for 2. The other team would never go for two if they miss and they were down 7. And if they get the 2, they would be up 9.

A team scores a td with a 1 pt lead in the 4th quarter. They all kick the extra pt. They should go for 2. The other team would never go for two if they miss and they were down 7. And if they get the 2, they would be up 9.
Your absolutely right and in 2016 on SNF Seattle at New England the Seahawks did that.
They were up 1 and scored a TD. They went for 2 to go up 2 scores and they missed.

Because most posters and coaches are still meatheads in 2018 :cool:

Unfortunately we are talking about the New York Football Giants. Tied for the worst record in the league

I have no qualms with last year’s draft, don’t agree at all yet on the GM & Coach.

I'm just not a fan of how they've approached Eli. Shurmur clearly had to take the pledge to get the job. What can he do now? We have a washed QB with a line that can't block for him. So now do we get Little or Jonah Williams in the next draft? Then hopefully still stink to get Tua? BTW - those two draft situations are what I'm hoping for.

Otherwise what are we doing? Carr or Bridgewater? What's our road back to being competitive?

Also, Eli is going to get Saquon killed.

There has to be a real vision outside of "Eli can still play". It's over if that's the case. The only good thing is there is no lottery, so if we go 1-15, we should have a top pick.

Because most posters and coaches are still meatheads in 2018 :cool:

It's really very simple. The percentage probability you can make a two pointer is less than your chances of winning in OT even deducting for a small percentage probability of missing XP. Then tack on the NYG's woes inside the red zone tonight and all season then it argues even more for kicking the XP. That's another flaw in the logic as if the likelihood of making a two is the same for all offenses nor does it adjust for the quality of the defense you are facing when going for two.

One constituency that was pleased with how the game ended was anybody that had the NYG + 4.

Conspiracy theory: Shurmur went for two to give the media something to talk about outside of all the other horrible things that happened during the game.
He understood the best chance for the Giants to win was 21-20. By going for 2 after the first TD he gave the team 2 Chances at 20 if they missed the first one.
It’s smart football. He gets it.

He understood the best chance for the Giants to win was 21-20. By going for 2 after the first TD he gave the team 2 Chances at 20 if they missed the first one.

Unfortunately his team was absolutely God awful in the red zone all night long. Somewhere along the way that has to enter the calculus not to mention the deflating aspect of not making the two point conversion.

They don’t get math.
The decision was smart.
If the Giants convert then the extra point wins if they score again.
If they miss it’s still a 1 score game.
Eagles math guys did numbers on it.
Against Minnesota the Eagles did the same thing and converted the 2 point conversion down 14 but they didn’t get the second score.

Math doesn’t take into account that we suck and absolutely were not going to get 2, but an extra point is pretty much automatic.

Unfortunately his team was absolutely God awful in the red zone all night long. Somewhere along the way that has to enter the calculus not to mention the deflating aspect of not making the two point conversion.
They made 1 of 2 on 2 point conversions. If they didn’t give up that last FG it would have worked out exactly like the analytics show. Getting 2 yards 1 of 2 times atleast should happen over 50% of the timeZ

Math doesn’t take into account that we suck and absolutely were not going to get 2, but an extra point is pretty much automatic.

AMEN. These #s guys assume that each team has an equal chance of making a two pointer and that each defense they face is also indistinguishable from the other. That is clearly not the case.

He obviously didn't get that clock ticking down to almost zero. That was crazy. But then he became an analytical genius. Nope.

Justin Tucker yesterday lost the Ravens the game with a missed XP.
Stephen Gostowski in 2015 AFC title game lost the patriots that game with a missed XP.
Honestly while your OL sucked that decision by Shurmur actually tells me you don’t have an idiot at HC.

He obviously didn't get that clock ticking down to almost zero. That was crazy. But then he became an analytical genius. Nope.
Eli ran 2 QB sneaks that isn’t on the HC clock management. That was the QB who ran those plays.

They made 1 of 2 on 2 point conversions. If they didn’t give up that last FG it would have worked out exactly like the analytics show. Getting 2 yards 1 of 2 times atleast should happen over 50% of the timeZ

Don't even count the second two point attempt. With :05 left in the game that play was beyond meaningless to everybody but the gamblers. ATL didn't even put up resistance.

Justin Tucker yesterday lost the Raves the game.
Stephen Gostowski in 2015 AFC title game lost the patriots that game with a missed XP.
Honestly while your OL sucked that decision by Shurmur actually tells me you don’t have an idiot at HC.

We remember those because it’s rare.

If I tried to remember all the times we failed to get in the end zone from the 2 yard line the last 5 years, my head would explode.

If we had a great OL, different story. I have zero confidence in our ability to get 2 yards when we need in, on any play that matters.

Justin Tucker yesterday lost the Ravens the game with a missed XP.

Tucker 223/224 and never missed in college either.

Or if they kicked the field goal earlier in the game instead of trying to punch it in on 4th down then things could have been different as well. I have no problem when you have one win to try and be aggressive but you have to play safe as well.