Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread

Jones - can’t be called a game manager ever again. It’s amazing what a QB can do when he has time to throw.
Aye, the Oline has been getting it done !!

I'm in heaven.

I asked a friend this, if you made a trade value list for QBs, where is DJ on that list now? I know he's about to get PAID.

But how many guys are ahead of him?
Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert.

Is Lamar? Is Hurts? Brady and Rodgers are way old and on the decline. It sure ain't Dak. I'm not taking Trevor Lawrence instead of him (I know you can argue his rookie deal would make you stop and think).

Tua? Nah. I can keep going and I'm sure I'm missing guys, but DJ and Saquon immediately need a 1980s-esque poster that says something like Fire and Ice or some awesome nickname while they stand on top of the Manhattan skyline.

I'm in heaven.

I asked a friend this, if you made a trade value list for QBs, where is DJ on that list now? I know he's about to get PAID.

Is Lamar? Is Hurts? Brady and Rodgers are way old and on the decline. It sure ain't Dak. I'm not taking Trevor Lawrence instead of him (I know you can argue his rookie deal would make you stop and think).

Tua? Nah. I can keep going and I'm sure I'm missing guys, but DJ and Saquon immediately need a 1980s-esque poster that says something like Fire and Ice or some awesome nickname while they stand on top of the Manhattan skyline.
You wouldn't take Lawrence over Jones? Think both prove coaching at the QB position is vital in the NFL.

You wouldn't take Lawrence over Jones? Think both prove coaching at the QB position is vital in the NFL.

I don't *think* I would. I think I would take DJ. I have never been as impressed with TLaw as some others, not saying he isn't good or that I wouldn't excited if I were a Jax fan.

And 100% agree re coaching. Meyer was a catastrophe.

I'm prob just showing my homerism, but, yeah, I think I'd take DJ.

I don't *think* I would. I think I would take DJ. I have never been as impressed with TLaw as some others, not saying he isn't good or that I wouldn't excited if I were a Jax fan.

One key thing to remember is that DJ is in his 4th year while Lawrence is only in his 2nd year.

Jones’s running and almost never turning it over anymore takes it over the top from Lawrence at this point, IMO.

Jones has steadily gotten better all year, without a star WR.

If Neal progresses into a stud tackle like Thomas has, and we’re able to either draft or sign a big time WR, this offense could get really good in the next few years.

I'm in heaven.

Herbert is not as good as Jones.

Neither are Lamar and Hurts.

Sky is the limit here.

I
Herbert is not as good as Jones.

Neither are Lamar and Hurts.

Sky is the limit here.
Even as an Eagles fan I need to see Hurts play at this level in the playoffs (assuming he's not constrained by his shoulder) and next season in order to confidently state that he's an elite QB (top 5ish). I will also admit Hurts has better weapons than Jones does in terms of receivers and OL. That said, Hurts was the front runner for MVP in mid-December prior to his shoulder injury. DJ has made great progress and deserves the praise and a nice new contract but to casually dismiss Hurts in comparison to Jones is el loco.

Last edited:
One key thing to remember is that DJ is in his 4th year while Lawrence is only in his 2nd year.
Saw this somewhere: since high school, Trevor Lawrence has never lost a Saturday football game.

I

Even as an Eagles fan I need to see Hurts play at this level in the playoffs (assuming he's not constrainer by his shoulder) and next season in order to confidently state that he's an elite QB (top 5ish). I will also admit Hurts has better weapons than Jones does in terms of receivers and OL. That said, Hurts was the front runner for MVP in mid-December prior to his shoulder injury. DJ has made great progress and deserves the praise and a nice new contract but to casually dismiss Hurts in comparison to Jones is el loco.
Hurts in the MVP conversation was un poco loco to me. yes, he was the QB of an 8-0 team, but hes sorta drving a Ferrari and the D is very very good. where was the media's Kirk Cousins love??

anyway...the Giants are a year early to the playoffs and our much maligned QB just won a game with a jaw dropping performance. i was always more concerned with his availability and durability then actual ability...and now hes winning with a bunch of clowns outside of Barkley, almost by himself.

iggs are the 1 seed...they better win and they better get to the SuperBowl.

anything short of that is a failure.

Hurts in the MVP conversation was un poco loco to me. yes, he was the QB of an 8-0 team, but hes sorta drving a Ferrari and the D is very very good. where was the media's Kirk Cousins love??

anyway...the Giants are a year early to the playoffs and our much maligned QB just won a game with a jaw dropping performance. i was always more concerned with his availability and durability then actual ability...and now hes winning with a bunch of clowns outside of Barkley, almost by himself.

iggs are the 1 seed...they better win and they better get to the SuperBowl.

anything short of that is a failure.
Just for the record - Hurts went 14-1 this season. Not too shabby.

As for the Birds having to win the SB, tell that to Vegas. They're not even the odds on favorite to win their conference. Go figure.

Just for the record - Hurts went 14-1 this season. Not too shabby.

As for the Birds having to win the SB, tell that to Vegas. They're not even the odds on favorite to win their conference. Go figure.
if a QB takes 1 snap, hes the QB of record.

in other words, if hes down 28-0 at the half...and they bench him...and the backup leads them to victory, the benched starter gets the W.

Vegas is Vegas, iggs are the 1, SF is starting a 3rd stringer.

go prove you are the 1.

or its another phillly phailure.

As an outside observer I think the Eagles roll. They were the best team in the NFL until Hurts got injured. Jones played great last week against the worst defense in the league, but the Giants oline is going to have to show up this week.