Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Most of their board is about Non Uconn topics lol... And yet they are still trashing everyone they can.

That 2-3 zone thread is hilarious. Saying that a HS offense can beat it and some dudes dad taught them at 11 years old a drill that can beat any zone. Aren’t we 7-4 our last 11 vs them? Doesn’t JB have a winning record vs most great coaches? But somehow the BY posters have the magic to beat the zone!

They are baffled that Bridges wasn’t in the middle - god forbid they think that Tom Izzo may know more about his personnel or about coaching than them.

How delirious that board is is comical

That 2-3 zone thread is hilarious. Saying that a HS offense can beat it and some dudes dad taught them at 11 years old a drill that can beat any zone. Aren’t we 7-4 our last 11 vs them? Doesn’t JB have a winning record vs most great coaches? But somehow the BY posters have the magic to beat the zone!

They are baffled that Bridges wasn’t in the middle - god forbid they think that Tom Izzo may know more about his personnel or about coaching than them.

I'll say it again - proves that college basketball fans know nothing about college basketball.

Lol

They had a spectacular run from 1990-2014. And now it’s over. And it is never coming back. They’ll have good years, but their fans are never going to get Syracuse in Storrs again. Their biggest games are Wichita and Cincinnati. They have to go to Tulsa and a ECU every year.

The reality that even when it’s good, it’ll never be as good as it was has to eat at their fans so much. I know it would weigh on me if we were them.

Lol

They had a spectacular run from 1990-2014. And now it’s over. And it is never coming back. They’ll have good years, but their fans are never going to get Syracuse in Storrs again. Their biggest games are Wichita and Cincinnati. They have to go to Tulsa and a ECU every year.

The reality that even when it’s good, it’ll never be as good as it was has to eat at their fans so much. I know it would weigh on me if we were them.
Honestly, I'd call it '99 to '14. They had s really great 15 years, which was a mixture of luck and skill - mostly luck in the tourney (the dance is a cr*p shoot for everyone)

Honestly, I'd call it '99 to '14. They had s really great 15 years, which was a mixture of luck and skill - mostly luck in the tourney (the dance is a cr*p shoot for everyone)

They were a 1 seed in 90 and 96, and a 2 seed in 94, 95, and 98. Sad to say you have to have some really good years to get results like that.

god forbid they think that Tom Izzo may know more about his personnel or about coaching than them.

You mean the way our board seems to know more about our personnel or about coaching than JB?

Right now, it's Pollyanna time on Syracusefan.com.

Wasn't quite so pretty around here up until we beat ASU...

There mods are obviously not as tough as ours.;)
image.jpg

They are, collectively as a fanbase, a tragically delusional pack of imbeciles.

It is so fun watching them suck as a mid major. All they have to look forward to is Danny Hurley getting them back to .500 before he bails for a non mid-major gig in a real conference.

Losers.

They are, collectively as a fanbase, a tragically delusional pack of imbeciles.

It is so fun watching them suck as a mid major. All they have to look forward to is Danny Hurley getting them back to .500 before he bails for a non mid-major gig in a real conference.

Losers.
That would be interesting if he replaces Boeheim...I still think Hops is the heir apparent.

That would be interesting if he replaces Boeheim...I still think Hops is the heir apparent.
I'm certain the Hop would take the offer, and he'd get my vote.

This take admittedly would be right at home here. But it's from the Boneyard so...

Agree that neither lives up to their preseason hype. Duke had the first, fifth, sixth, and eighth ranked recruits in 2017 along with an All-American Grayson Allen in their starting lineup and couldn't even make a Final Four. Kentucky started 5 top 35 guys and had 3 more off the bench and failed to make the Elite Eight even though they had a cake walk. Neither Squid or K are great coaches. They are good, not great coaches who can recruit better than everyone else.

Jokes aside, you can listen to Hurley talk for 5 minutes and you know this team is destined to return to greatness. It might not be this year or next. But it will happen. The guy will be among the greats in college basketball history, you can just feel it.

My biggest fear at this point is that he bolts for a job at Kansas, Kentucky, Duke (Probably the only jobs that could conceivably be viewed as major upgrades. But we could probably keep pace financially.). Or the NBA (but he doesn't seem like the type to want that). He feels like he idolizes the greats of college ball, and sees himself as much as a teacher as he does a coach.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They were a 1 seed in 90 and 96, and a 2 seed in 94, 95, and 98. Sad to say you have to have some really good years to get results like that.
I forgot they were a 1 seed in 96. I have watched the final 4 and title game that year a lot but they were out by that point