Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I don't know why everyone is so down on the AAC. It is a P6 conference after all.

What, you didn't know P6 was a thing?

image_handler.aspx

It won't hurt Miami that they have Lonnie Walker, who chose the U over SU.
Isn't that mostly because we really dropped the ball on Walker and coaches were convinced he would choose Nova or U.K.?

It won't hurt Miami that they have Lonnie Walker, who chose the U over SU.
Of course Lonnie Walker had accomplished nothing in college yet.
Ollie wants to be the first coach in history to win with a lineup of 5 combo guards, because anyone outside of their guards are abysmal. the fallacy is that some tool that played in the nba knows how to coach. the guy is a clown, he should stick to losing his team games by throwing papers on the court in the last minute and making cry faces.

edit: the second fallacy is that Ollie has all the "nba connections". the dude was a scrub and hasn't been in nba circles for 5+ years.
JB has many more NBA connections than Ollie. Also, JB coached the best players in the world in 3 straight Olympics.

Of course Lonnie Walker had accomplished nothing in college yet.

JB has many more NBA connections than Ollie. Also, JB coached the best players in the world in 3 straight Olympics.

"It is not necessarily "I want, I want", it is coaches like Boehiem telling him he can run the team and be in the NBA in 2 years. That sways a 17 year old and sometimes his parents. This is not "turning on" Jalen Carey at all. It is just trying to see through the eyes of a 17 year old with NBA aspirations. Hopefully Ollie can sell him on the incredible value to learning to play and practice against a tough man-to-man defense. That is a huge part of what will keep a 6'2" guard in the NBA."

but guys your forgetting the most important thing, uconn offers a chance to play man to man defense in practice, according to this poster above that whats going to get jalen carey into the nba, his m2m defense, some people on the uconn board know their stuff but i see far more fools.

UConn had an amazing 25 year run from 1990 to 2014. syracuse had a great run in that era, too: 6 BE regular season championships, 3 BET titles, 3 Final Fours, 1 national title. but if we're honest, we'd eagerly trade our accomplishments over that quarter century for theirs. that's just reality and there's no shame in admitting that.

I always thought that our first probation really helped make UConn a program a lot faster then they would of had we not been on probation.

"It is not necessarily "I want, I want", it is coaches like Boehiem telling him he can run the team and be in the NBA in 2 years. That sways a 17 year old and sometimes his parents. This is not "turning on" Jalen Carey at all. It is just trying to see through the eyes of a 17 year old with NBA aspirations. Hopefully Ollie can sell him on the incredible value to learning to play and practice against a tough man-to-man defense. That is a huge part of what will keep a 6'2" guard in the NBA."

but guys your forgetting the most important thing, uconn offers a chance to play man to man defense in practice, according to this poster above that whats going to get jalen carey into the nba, his m2m defense, some people on the uconn board know their stuff but i see far more fools.

LOL, this is such a non-point. You realize how many guards around the country play man to man defense in practice(love how he threw "tough" in...lol. Sure thing.) and don't sniff the NBA? Realize how many guards we're putting in the NBA, that played zone throughout college? Nobody cares. Sorry Huskies. I know you're trying to find something to cling to, but to quote Mr. Carey..."nah".

Boneyard now going crazy for a 2G with offers from...

VCU, Penn St, BC, UMass, St Joes.

That is their new peer group. Bad P5 teams and mid majors. They'll never be loaded with talent again, but if they play with enough pluck and grit, they should be able to build that program to where they can occasionally finish in the top 2-3 in that league and scrape out an NCAA berth here and there.

Last edited:
I think at the end of the day both fan bases exaggerate.

They seem to have a much stronger dislike for us than we do for them - we have Louisville, Duke, UNC, Pitt, etc. No matter what they say they lost that in the AAC - what they have with Cincy is a pretty solid rivalry. But we've moved on and they still bring us up. To be honest if wasn't for this annual game at the Garden, I don't think they would be on our radar's much anymore.

Shabazz had a hell of a run, but they've won 1 tournament game since 2014, and that was vs. 8 seed Colorado. In fact, since 2012, they have 7 tournament wins - the 6 during the 2014 run (which was very impressive) and the 2014 Colorado win. So in the last 5 years sans 1 year - that's 1 tournament win.

I know some of them like to downplay our accomplishments (since 4>1), but in the last decade we are top 7 or in accomplishments nationally fairly easily. Since 2010 we have 15 tournament wins, 2 Final 4's and an Elite 8. In that same stretch they have 13 tournament wins - 2 championship runs account for 12 of those wins.

You can't make any reasonable argument not trade 1999 - 2014 with UConn. We had our moments too for sure, which they like to severely downplay, but they did win 4 titles. But no sane college basketball fan would rather be UConn than Syracuse for 2017 and going forward.

Within the same thread on the Boneyard they bashed on "us" for selling Carey on Bazley, a top 10 recruit, but 2 posts later say they should sell him on playing with Akinjo who just barely cracked the top 100 and Christian Vital.

It's a meaningless pissing contest at this point. I'll be at the Garden in December, but other than that night, I'm not sure why we UConn the time of day anymore. We've beat them 7 of our last 10 meetings.

Since 2000, we're 6-3 vs. them at the Garden (6-2 in Big East Tournaments).
I was at MSG a while back for the BET. The arena was filled with SU and Yukon fans. SU had beaten St. John's the night before. At the end of the finals, Kemba wound up draining a buzzer shot against us (gottta give him credit), but he was impossible to check all game. If you faced him he went by and if you played off him he'd hit the 3. There were some UConn hoodlums in the row behind us. They were profane, ill-mannered, immature brats that ruined the contest for everyone else in the section. Afterwards, we walked by and offered our hands to be good sports. I said, "good win. Kemba's tough." They refused to shake hands and turned away. And that, my friends, sums up Yukon fans. I give their program its due because the players earned it. But the fans are insufferable and the program's no longer relevant enough to sweat.

Last edited:
According to the BY, Jalen Adams has been the best PG in the country for the last couple years and is a 1st round lock.

I would welcome Jalen Adams on our team in a heartbeat. He definitely hasnt been close to being the best PG in the country the last couple years, and Im not so sure about a 1st round lock either, but that kid can ball. He's the only player on storz that has Calhoun era throwback feel/game.

I would welcome Jalen Adams on our team in a heartbeat. He definitely hasnt been close to being the best PG in the country the last couple years, and Im not so sure about a 1st round lock either, but that kid can ball. He's the only player on storz that has Calhoun era throwback feel/game.
I agree, he's a nice player, and right now we'd welcome a 3rd year player who averaged 14.4/4.3 a season ago and he would be our starting PG this season, but UC fans think he's been an inevitable lottery pick for the past 2 years.

I agree, he's a nice player, and right now we'd welcome a 3rd year player who averaged 14.4/4.3 a season ago and he would be our starting PG this season, but UC fans think he's been an inevitable lottery pick for the past 2 years.

Great player...bet he wouldnt have lasted here longer than two years

I was at MSG a while back for the BET. The arena was filled with SU and Yukon fans. SU had beaten St. John's the night before. At the end of the finals, Kemba wound up draining a buzzer shot against us (gottta give him credit), but he was impossible to check all game. If you faced him he went by and if you played off him he'd hit the 3. There were some UConn hoodlums in the row behind us. They were profane, ill-mannered brats that ruined the contest for everyone else in the section. Afterwards, we walked by and offered our hands to be good sports. I said, "good win. Kenna's tough." They refused to shake hands and turned away. And that, my friends, sums up Yukon fans. I give their program its due because the players earned it. But the fans are insufferable and the program's no longer relevant enough to sweat.
Only game I ever attended in Football where fans unprovoked threw beer at us...stupid schlits

The tailgate pregame in the Aero Club lot was ok...their fans were standoffish...but not aggressive.

I always thought that our first probation really helped make UConn a program a lot faster then they would of had we not been on probation.
Didn't Donyell Marshall fall in their laps because of it?

Only game I ever attended in Football where fans unprovoked threw beer at us...stupid schlits

The tailgate pregame in the Aero Club lot was ok...their fans were standoffish...but not aggressive.
Sad statement that you had to go into the Aero Club with 50/60 year olds to get away from the flying (bad) beer. But that's Yukon.