Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I think it was the right move. I mean their football is an abomination anyway. The competition is better, travel is not lol bad like in the AAC and getting to go back to MSG in March is huge.

But you’d think that they were returning to the Big East circa 2009.

I think it was the right move. I mean their football is an abomination anyway. The competition is better, travel is not lol bad like in the AAC and getting to go back to MSG in March is huge.

But you’d think that they were returning to the Big East circa 2009.
Completely agree. This is definitely the smart move, which makes it uncharacteristic for UConn.

Completely agree. This is definitely the smart move, which makes it uncharacteristic for UConn.
In the long run, it's probably the right move for more than one reason. Such as, they couldn't continue to hemorrhage money at the same rate they have for the past few years.

But short term, with entrance and exit fees due, they're going to take quite a bath. And, if they have trouble filling out a 12-game schedule (which I think they will), dropping down to a lower FB level is a real possibility.

Syracuse hasn’t had a top 25 recruiting class since 2016. UConn has two and we’ve been in a crap conference with a crap record. If we’re irrelevant and still pulling in top 25 classes more often than them...what does that make them?

Do you think if they improve on their 8th place average finish in the ACC over the last 5 years they’ll eventually get a 25 class?

How much do you think it pains them that we’ve gone through our worst 5 year stretch in 40 years and we still won a championship?

To think my man did the research and still doesn’t have the sick, sick burn he thought he did. You hate to see it.

this is amazing. from the today's news items thread. these are the top college basketball progams from 1997 to today; the time period that includes all of uconn's vaunted 4>1

despite their 4 titles, as a program, syracuse is still analytically superior to the boners. in fact the lead in points is even bigger than in rankings. with a 2.5 point lead, uconn is actually closer to #30 than it is to our lofty #15.

i'm sure there will be plenty of carping over there about pomeroy's methodology, but as far as i am concerned: scoreboard.

this is amazing. from the today's news items thread. these are the top college basketball progams from 1997 to today; the time period that includes all of uconn's vaunted 4>1

View attachment 168778

despite their 4 titles, as a program, syracuse is still analytically superior to the boners. in fact the lead in points is even bigger than in rankings. with a 2.5 point lead, uconn is actually closer to #30 than it is to our lofty #15.

i'm sure there will be plenty of carping over there about pomeroy's methodology, but as far as i am concerned: scoreboard.
Maryland?

I may have missed it and it’s football related, but did we know Frank Giufre is their OC?

I really can't think of Syracuse wings other than Carmelo and Dion Waiters.

Crazy when UConn has Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, Caron Butler, Rudy Gay, Jeremy Lamb.

Uconn has more titles but at least I know what is and is not a “wing.”

Finally, who's advising Jackson? Has anyone in his camp thought to ask Syracuse how many of the wings "they send to the NBA" last more than training camp or a couple years before heading to Turkey?

1996 NBA draftee Ray Allen and 6’3” Ben Gordon are wings. BuT aLL syRaCusEs wInGs PlAy in tUrkEY.

View attachment 168778

The results are heavily on regular season games. So the ranking does nut surprise me.

Over the last 10 years, UConn has been:
- A 3 seed
- A 7 seed
- A 9 seed twice
- Missed the tournament 6 times

They really have been a poor team based on the last 10 years in the regular season.

They have been a top 6 seed just once the last 10 years. This board would freak out. They have just been extremely lucky to win 2 national titles in the worst NCAA tournaments in the 2000's.

The results are heavily on regular season games. So the ranking does nut surprise me.

Over the last 10 years, UConn has been:
- A 3 seed
- A 7 seed
- A 9 seed twice
- Missed the tournament 6 times

They really have been a poor team based on the last 10 years in the regular season.

They have been a top 6 seed just once the last 10 years. This board would freak out. They have just been extremely lucky to win 2 national titles in the worst NCAA tournaments in the 2000's.

I can’t believe their Thabeet/Dyson/Walker number one seed final four team is outside the last decade.

Like that was really their last “great” team.

Uconn has more titles but at least I know what is and is not a “wing.”

1996 NBA draftee Ray Allen and 6’3” Ben Gordon are wings. BuT aLL syRaCusEs wInGs PlAy in tUrkEY.
Just the guts to talk about us sending guys to the NBA recently when they literally have put 2 guys on an NBA roster after Kemba/Lamb in 2011. And that’s a journeyman guard in Napier along with Drummond who only went there because he went to school 20 minutes from campus and needed to go to college before going to the NBA

1 legit guy in 8 years in the league and they bring up Turkey lol

I can’t believe their Thabeet/Dyson/Walker number one seed final four team is outside the last decade.

Like that was really their last “great” team.
if you ran the same analysis just through the end of calhoun's tenure, they might have been top 5 and certainly top 10. now, just 7 seasons later, they are closer to 30 than to 15*.

that is a sinking program. maybe not like a stone, but sinking nonetheless

* edit for the math-challenged boners who complain "how is 18 closer to 30 than to 15?"
you are 2.53 points behind the 15 spot and only 2.08 ahead of 30

Last edited:
if you ran the same analysis just through the end of calhoun's tenure, they might have been top 5 and certainly top 10. now, just 7 seasons later, they are closer to 30 than to 15.

that is a sinking program. maybe not like a stone, but sinking nonetheless

The sinking speed has accelerated greatly in the last 3 years. Rapidly approaching stone status.

I wonder if Uconn fans watch the launch of the ACC network tonight and cry? Wondering what could of been if they wernt just a womens basketball school? Must hurt to know we play big boy college football..Something they dream about.