Official practice starting today, what are you looking for? | Syracusefan.com

Official practice starting today, what are you looking for?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I think for me it is to see what Moyer and Chukwu bring to the table. Chukwu, especially. Two years in the system. Completely healthy. They always say that big guys take longer to develop. Can he give 20+ solid minutes a game.

Seeing how ready, to contribute, our first year forwards are and since he redshirted, last year that includes Matthew Moyer.

How vocal/active moyer and brisset are.

To see how long it takes for word to get out that Marek is a 5 star talent. Our three forwards... though none have ever played college ball... are all extremely solid ACC players. The forwards may be the best part of this team. We will not make alot of 3s this year, like the past couple, but we will rebound w anyone

It's all going to boil down to outside shooting and rebounding. Will we be able to replace our three (3) best long-range shooters? And will our two (legit) centers be able to erase the worst rebounding deficit in 55 years?

Last edited:
So many unknowns! I agree with the Chukwu comments above.

I'm also looking to see who is the aggressor. There's a lot of points to be had...will it be Thorpe, Brissett, Dolezaj? Who will attack the paint and create, and who will look to benefit from others?

The first day of practice is a great day. Hope springs eternal! LGO.

I'm looking to see what the scandal of the 2017-2018 season will be.

Starting point guard caught stealing a bathrobe?
Starting point guard accused of point shaving?
Starting center accused of not writing his own term paper?
Entire team accused of failing drug tests?
Up and coming sophomore in street clothes for first scrimmage?
Freshman inexplicable not cleared by NCAA yet?
Asst. coach accused of molestation?

All I want for Christmas is a scandal-free Syracuse basketball season.

Despite questions about SU's season and who will be able to do what, thank goodness and hooray for a thread about the beginning of Cuse BB and not another scandal thread!

I have one: will Tyus Battle show an ability to go left and finish with his left? To me, that's what could hurt his draft stock. He was way too reliant on finishing right last season.

Let's hope Coach Devo has been working with him on this.
You couldn't ask for a better mentor on how to finish at the rim as a SU wing player than him.

I think for me it is to see what Moyer and Chukwu bring to the table. Chukwu, especially. Two years in the system. Completely healthy. They always say that big guys take longer to develop. Can he give 20+ solid minutes a game.

No FBI.

Another journey to March.

If we do well, great.

If we struggle, oh well. Not the end of the world.

With EITHER hand. Whatever finish strategy worked best, Devo did it.

(and still does it - he was amazing at the rim in TBT this year)
Yeah, I just meant he could work with Tyus on finishing with his left since that is where TB struggled last season.

• How ready are the freshman to contribute?
  • Has Howard improved at all, and can he be counted upon by the coaching staff?
  • How good is Thorpe, and does he seize the reins at lead guard from the jump?
  • Will Battle make the sophomore jump to being an all American caliber performer?

How can anyone expect anything out of Chukwu? JB obviously sees something but I don't get it. At all.

Yeah, and whether or not anyone sees anything, it's not going to come during practice. He was good all through practice last year until the games started and he wasn't.

Yeah, and whether or not anyone sees anything, it's not going to come during practice. He was good all through practice last year until the games started and he wasn't.

It's so hard to believe he looked good in practice. He looked like he barely knew what sport he was playing during games. The worst was during the press, when he'd wind up over half court flailing at someone and leaving our basket unguarded.
:bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom