Official USF Game Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Official USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we hire McFukit back at half? Lester needs to wake the up. This reminds me too much of the previous years offenses.
This has been my thought the whole first half. It's as if this offense jumped into a delorean and flew back to 2014

Have we passed longer than ten yards today. Everything is short and to the T.E..

Who was yelling FIRE or BINGO on that punt return?!??

There looked to be 3-4 SU guys within 3 yards of the ball.

Awful first half of football, thank god the usf qb can't throw the ball, otherwise we would be getting our doors blown off.

Well, to take a glass-half-full outlook: I'm not sure the 1st half could have gone much worse for us, and we are only down 1 score.
That's what I just said to my wife. Thankfully, no Td for them b4 the half. Big.

2 series of inside runs to Morris.

Constant options to your frosh QB getting him hit hard constantly.

Nothing downfield.

Can someone explain what Lester is trying to do today? I'm at a loss.

Unless he's setting up for a lot of play-action or deep stuff, I don't know.

Cannot go conservative.

Football coaches make me nuts. We throw the kitchen sink at LSU because why not, and we have some success.

Playing an awful USF and we curl up into a ball.
Yes, Lester isn't quite who we thought he was.

Football coaches make me nuts. We throw the kitchen sink at LSU because why not, and we have some success.

Playing an awful USF and we curl up into a ball.

I think that Shafer's comments earlier this week about playing less conservative and going for it on 4th down could be paraphrased as follows: "don't expect that to happen again often"

Second half is quite simple. Many times the better team sleepwalks through the first half. See Ohio State today. If we are THAT much better than USF, like many of us said we were, we'll figure it out, and win this one.
If the first half was an accurate display of where we are at, then I'm afraid we all jumped the gun.

Uh...run game isn't working. Have to THROW THE DAMN BALL DOWN THE FIELD.
The run game isn't working because we're giving it to the wrong people. Fredericks can run against this team. The play calling has been baffling when it comes to the run game, as well. Need to get Fredericks going to set up the pass game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom