Official who do we draw in our first game prediction | Syracusefan.com

Official who do we draw in our first game prediction

Marsh01

Living Legend
I've said it for 2+ weeks. We get UNC Asheville.

MS valley St/Norfolk St play in winner.

Marsh bubble bursting prediction: UNC-Ashe gets a 15 seed.

Still 90-95% Marsh, or has it changed a bit?

wonder if they'll try and screw the big east again to knock each other out like they did last year.

MS valley St/Norfolk St play in winner.

Marsh bubble bursting prediction: UNC-Ashe gets a 15 seed.

Nope. Remember there are 6 #16 seeds as there will be 2 play in games of 16 seeds. No way Asheville gets a play in game so that leaves 2 teams. We wont get a play in game so that is why we draw them.

Nope. Remember there are 6 #16 seeds as there will be 2 play in games of 16 seeds. No way Asheville gets a play in game so that leaves 2 teams. We wont get a play in game so that is why we draw them.
I think the committee will play both 16 seed play in games on Tuesday, and both 12 seed play in games on Wed. They have a lot more flexibility that way.

I think the committee will play both 16 seed play in games on Tuesday, and both 12 seed play in games on Wed. They have a lot more flexibility that way.
No chance. They will mix it up like they did last year. They need the ratings and will put one marquis game on each night. I will fully admit it if I am wrong but I dont think I will be.

Marsh is probably right on this, but I'll go with Vermont.

Guarantee a story line for a 1 vs 16 matchup.

Marsh is probably right on this, but I'll go with Vermont.

Guarantee a story line for a 1 vs 16 matchup.
It cant be Vermont. I posted why in a thread yesterday.

No chance. They will mix it up like they did last year. They need the ratings and will put one marquis game on each night. I will fully admit it if I am wrong but I dont think I will be.
Dayton is already sold out for both nights. The TV viewing audience will be dictated by each specific match up, not the night they play. USF vs Cal will get most likely get the same rating whether it's on Tues or Wed.

It cant be Vermont. I posted why in a thread yesterday.

I missed it.

But in my defense I only half heartedly said Vermont. I'm still keeping a bunch of chips in your basket.

Dayton is already sold out for both nights. The TV viewing audience will be dictated by each specific match up, not the night they play. USF vs Cal will get most likely get the same rating whether it's on Tues or Wed.
I really think that they will mix it up so they get more of the TV audience. 2 #16 seeds in the same night will not draw well. Put the #16 seeds on early and the better games in the second half of the doubleheader.

I missed it.

But in my defense I only half heartedly said Vermont. I'm still keeping a bunch of chips in your basket.

Here’s a couple of additional notes I discovered in the NCAA’s bracket principles document. In it the NCAA expressly says they avoid repeat non-conference regular season matchups and they avoid repeat NCAA tourney games of the last 2 years. UNC Tar Heels played Asheville in the regular season and they played LIU in last year’s NCAA tourney. That cements my view that UNC is getting a play-in involving two teams from the bottom four above. Also, SU played Vermont in NCAA First Round 2 years ago. So if Vermont beats Stony Brook in the America East, I don’t expect us to draw them. But I didn’t anyway. Whoever wins that game should have plane tickets ready for the Dayton play-in game.

Here’s a couple of additional notes I discovered in the NCAA’s bracket principles document. In it the NCAA expressly says they avoid repeat non-conference regular season matchups and they avoid repeat NCAA tourney games of the last 2 years. UNC Tar Heels played Asheville in the regular season and they played LIU in last year’s NCAA tourney. That cements my view that UNC is getting a play-in involving two teams from the bottom four above. Also, SU played Vermont in NCAA First Round 2 years ago. So if Vermont beats Stony Brook in the America East, I don’t expect us to draw them. But I didn’t anyway. Whoever wins that game should have plane tickets ready for the Dayton play-in game.

Good info.

My eggs are now completely in your basket.

The only hiccup (and this would really piss me off to no end) is if the committee decides to drop Detroit to a 16 seed. They shouldnt because they are a 15.1 average in the bracket matrix but their RPI is high and I hope to hell they dont get bumped. That team is a damn good club and could give someone a scare.

Dark horse opponent: Lehigh.

Would rather not see Detroit. They can play.

Detroit's RPI and Adjusted Margin ranking is that of a 16 seed and I thought of putting them there. But I would be stunned that they would be put the champ of a good mid major like the Horizon on the 16 line.

I was stuck between Lamar, UNC Asheville, and Detroit for the final 15 seed, but went with my sense on the quality of the Horizon.

Zero chance ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom