Ogundeko | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not completely over yet, but still would rather be battling UF, Clemson and ND for 4 star kids than Eastern Michigan, Temple, Marshall and Central Florida for 2 star kids. We will break through one of these days.

This is very true ... I was holding out hope for Ebo but we are definitely elevating our talent level ...

DC do you really believe we will break through. We seemingly are about to lose a kid in our backyard who we've been recruiting for 3 years to a team in our conference that while
Good is no power year in and year out...

Yes, yes I do. There is still a perception of Clemson vs. SU out there and 17/18 year old kids are easily swayed. Also hard to compete when you go on an official visit and see a packed stadium of fans who live and breathe football. Wish the Dome was like that, but that is reality.

There are quality recruits who will see through it to other important factors -- i.e. a better education; a staff who has incredible experience and can develop you as a player on the field and as a person off the field; close to family and friends, etc...

No doubt about it, and I think the staff did a great job in his recruitment just like they did with Ishaq but when push comes to shove it was remote the kid was coming here. SU has come along away since the doldrums of the Robinson years but were still fighting an up hill battle when it comes to perception, facilities, and bowl games versus the big boys. Eventually we will break through on one of these big time guys, although it feels like we have been saying that since the late 1990's.

Agree for the most part, but not going to say that it was "remote" that Ebo was going to pick us. Unlikely maybe, but there were several points along the way that SU was leading and gave Ebo real pause in his decision.

Yes, yes I do. There is still a perception of Clemson vs. SU out there and 17/18 year old kids are easily swayed. Also hard to compete when you go on an official visit and see a packed stadium of fans who live and breathe football. Wish the Dome was like that, but that is reality.

There are quality recruits who will see through it to other important factors -- i.e. a better education; a staff who has incredible experience and can develop you as a player on the field and as a person off the field; close to family and friends, etc...

Spot on, this should be tacked at the top of the page.

Hey jackass (Kelly), if you don't go to Syracuse, you're not putting on for NYS. You're a hired gun with no home.

Couldn't say it better. You want to represent NY, do it for a NY school!

Agree for the most part, but not going to say that it was "remote" that Ebo was going to pick us. Unlikely maybe, but there were several points along the way that SU was leading and gave Ebo real pause in his decision.

I dont disagree but theres a big difference from SU giving EBO pause and him actually committing here. Kid liked SU, the staff and the program overall but once the Floridas Bamas ND and others got involved it was an extreme uphill battle.

Would have rather had him do it in a regular season conference game ...

Especially if it came after we already knocked out the starter and he wet himself grabbing his helmet on the way into the game.

In the interest of 2000 posts, I submit a moment of amusement.

Florida

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ole Miss is keeping him warm & will move on him before signing day if Lawson doesn't become a Rebel

anonymous.jpg

Isn't there a poster here with username Guy Fawkes? Maybe he is the hacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.