Ogundeko | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have always thought Florida was still in play...

Anyone else get like 15 notifications for this thread alone?

After every report I can't believe anyone got their hopes up to the point they get pissed off. I know we can expect a few baseless rants tonight (definitely one from Cali) but reading the tea leaves since the summer I don't think we were ever ahead for him, no matter what Mike Farrell's prediction was. We were always the backup plan.

(If he picks us tonight i will spit my beer all over the TV)

After every report I can't believe anyone got their hopes up to the point they get pissed off. I know we can expect a few baseless rants tonight (definitely one from Cali) but reading the tea leaves since the summer I don't think we were ever ahead for him, no matter what Mike Farrell's prediction was. We were always the backup plan.

This 1000%, to me it was crystal clear how the recruitment was going and what the likely end would be, I really hope there isnt some major meltdown from the fanbase the staff did everything they could. As you noted it was clear we were a back up plan with a small outside shot. I dont understand why anyone would be surprised.

One of these seasons we need the top dog in New York to come to Syracuse. Getting the first one will make it easier to get the next. But someone has to be the first...

There is no way he will pick Syracuse with our coaching staff in flux. It was a longshot with Marrone at the healm. Now that Doug is flirting with the NFL, there is a slim to no chance of him coming...and slim is warming up his car.

If you were a top recruit, would you come to a rebuild school that's about to face a coaching change?

Chad Kelly@ChadKelly12
Good Luck To The Lil Bro @Ebenezer_O_1 Putting On For New York State In The Under Armour Game Tonight!!! #NYPipeline #Clemson

Just a quick observation...EBO and Kelly are friends, right? So him giving a shout out to EBO would not be out of the ordinary, right? Also, Kelly goes to Clemson, right? So him using the #Clemson tag would not be out of the ordinary either, right? Plus, Kelly is from NY, right? So the #NYPipeline tag would not be out of the ordinary either, right?

I am asking this as how do you get that EBO is definitely going to Clemson from this. I would say there is hope until he actually announces, and even still could be hope until he actually signs. I know this is glass half full thinking and goes against some of thinking on this board...

There is no way he will pick Syracuse with our coaching staff in flux. It was a longshot with Marrone at the healm. Now that Doug is flirting with the NFL, there is a slim to no chance of him coming...and slim is warming up his car.

If you were a top recruit, would you come to a rebuild school that's about to face a coaching change?

Marrone and the NFL have zero to do with his decision, wouldnt have changed anything.

I really want post 2,000, it's gonna be a battle to get it when the time comes!

Just a quick observation...EBO and Kelly are friends, right? So him giving a shout out to EBO would not be out of the ordinary, right? Also, Kelly goes to Clemson, right? So him using the #Clemson tag would not be out of the ordinary either, right? Plus, Kelly is from NY, right? So the #NYPipeline tag would not be out of the ordinary either, right?

I am asking this as how do you get that EBO is definitely going to Clemson from this. I would say there is hope until he actually announces, and even still could be hope until he actually signs. I know this is glass half full thinking and goes against some of thinking on this board...

AO no offense brother but your whistling past the graveyard, everything is pointing Clemson, lets concentrate on Smith who appears SU bound and hope for the best with Marrone.

AO no offense brother but your whistling past the graveyard, everything is pointing Clemson, lets concentrate on Smith who appears SU bound and hope for the best with Marrone.

Hey all I am saying it's not over until he announces and/or signs. Plus I figure this may add a little gas to this discussion/thread to get it to 2K...

Starting early tonight?

I like the positive spin, but... Its just another cog in the Clemson wheel. NYpipeline#Clemson is pretty clear to me.

IMO it's not that I'll be surprised if he doesn't pick 'Cuse or that I didn't read the writing on the wall throughout the recruitment, it's that I'd really like to win one of these head-to-head battles against a larger school. Whether it was Ishaq, JJ, Boom Perkins, EBO or anybody else I'd just like to win one and furthermore have our hat picked on National TV. Which we will do with Laray Smith tonight if everything We've heard is true anyway. I still trust our current coaches evaluations at this point, and who's to say Malik Brown won't end up being a better all-around defensive prospect, but, once, just once, I'd like 'Cuse to not be the bridesmaid. And it will come, hopefully.

I like the positive spin, but... Its just another cog in the Clemson wheel. NYpipeline#Clemson is pretty clear to me.

It's probably Clemson, but FWIW he also RT'd a post from Terell Hunt right after RTing Kelly's post. Not that it means anything.

It's probably Clemson, but FWIW he also RT'd a post from Terell Hunt right after RTing Kelly's post. Not that it means anything.

Yeah, saw that, but have no idea what it means. BTW, who's Kelly?

Here's what one local SC paper is saying about EBO...
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/art...eal-choice-Clemson-Syracuse-Under-Armour-game

...Fellow Under Armour All-American Ben Boulware of Hanna High, Clemson’s only commitment playing in the annual all-star game, said he already knows where [EBO will be playing] that will be.“I’ve got the inside scoop, but you will just have to wait,” Boulware said. “I ain’t trying to let it out early.”...

My concern is that Smith commits to SU and then backs out when/if Marrone bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.