Oh boy. B12 news: | Syracusefan.com

Oh boy. B12 news:

These rumors never seem to pan out but if true this is huge. The BE would be left with only 3 FB schools and would have to give up FB entirely. Then ND would have to choose between the ACC and B1G. UConn would be screwed under this scenario IMO. And USF would need to find a home. Wouldn't it be funny if UCF blocked USF from CUSA and USF was forced into the Sun Belt? And what happens to the SEC if Mizzou, Louisville, and WV are all in the B12? There would be no teams left to choose from.

These rumors never seem to pan out but if true this is huge. The BE would be left with only 3 FB schools and would have to give up FB entirely. Then ND would have to choose between the ACC and B1G. UConn would be screwed under this scenario IMO. And USF would need to find a home. Wouldn't it be funny if UCF blocked USF from CUSA and USF was forced into the Sun Belt? And what happens to the SEC if Mizzou, Louisville, and WV are all in the B12? There would be no teams left to choose from.

Yeah, that could really hurt USF big time.

I'm not sure Missouri will ever really be totally out of play but if they and WV are then I'd have to think the SEC goes after VTech hard, then maybe FSU and Clemson.

Clemson, FSU, VPI? I'm sure potential SEC money could buy out the ACC fee.

It might not even be worth guessing. It will be interesting Seeing Rutgers in a league with UConn, Temple, Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic, and Seton Hall Prep though...

Although I'm always in the 'never say never' camp...

How many times has a football league expanded by 5 all in one shot in the past few decades?

The answer you're looking for is: zero.

i can see the sec staying at 13 then. they dont need to do anything a-la the b1g staying at 11 for 20+ years.

i really wouldnt want to be rut and expecially storz right now.

usf cusa here they come. damn, the Giants just started mining some great players out of there.....

i can see the sec staying at 13 then. they dont need to do anything a-la the b1g staying at 11 for 20+ years.

Yep, the only thing that would force the SEC off of 13 is if scheduling headaches became insurmountable. Aside from that, 13 might be just fine.

Yep Rutgers and UConn wil eventually be fine but intil Notre Dame has to play their hand or ACC schools jump to the SEC, they are left holding a bag of my labs dog shiddo, could be 2-3 years

In addition, just goes to show you that the SU brand won out for now

i really wouldnt want to be rut and expecially storz right now.

usf cusa here they come. damn, the Giants just started mining some great players out of there.......

Those players used to go to Syracuse before there was a USF. I look forward to seeing them here again. Then the Giants are more than welcome to them.

As to the original post, can't imagine the Big 12 just jumping to 14 like that. How could they possibly get enough revenue per school to make it work. Hasn't Neinas been trumpeting something much closer to even revenue share to keep that conference together? Split that pot 14 ways, you know how much incremental revenue that would require, and then look at the schools you are adding. Can't work.

But where there's smoke there's fire. Wouldn't be surprised to see BYU join as the 10th. With Louisville on stand by if Mizzou should be SEC bound. Also agree though that maybe the SEC just stays where they are.

This is such a fascinating exercise. Especially when viewed from a position of strength and stability.

Five points:

1) The BigEast as a basketball conference will remain active...thus giving ND’s Olympic sports a home.

2) The B12 adding teams doesn’t necessarily force the SEC or B10 into action. If WVU joins and Missouri stays in the B12…that’s a different story. The SEC will need to scramble then for #14.

3) The ACC had best renegotiate ESPN contract in order to keep any ACC schools from jumping ship to the SEC.

4) If left homeless, UConn and RU football are MAC bound. BBall would remain in the Big East

5) USF…..will go back to wherever they came from.

This is such a fascinating exercise. Especially when viewed from a position of strength and stability.

Amen.

It's funny, for years I've talked/ranted to my friends who went to schools like Penn State, Virginia, Oregon, USC, etc. about conference stuff and while they'd hear me out, I could always see in their eyes they were thinking "dude, why are you so worked up over this?!". Obviously it was because I was afraid of SU being permanently underfunded due to crappy media deals, and afraid of being left without a chair when the conference-realignment music stopped.

It is soooooo nice to watch this in a relatively detached way now.

Amen.

It's funny, for years I've talked/ranted to my friends who went to schools like Penn State, Virginia, Oregon, USC, etc. about conference stuff and while they'd hear me out, I could always see in their eyes they were thinking "dude, why are you so worked up over this?!". Obviously it was because I was afraid of SU being permanently underfunded due to crappy media deals, and afraid of being left without a chair when the conference-realignment music stopped.

+1

Chip

Having USF, UConn, and RU in non BCS conferences would do wonders for SU's recruiting.

44Pride

Seriously you think ND can house their Olympic sports there when those schools typically do not have many Olympic sports and the ones they do all suck? Not gonna happen.

I think it is in the SEC's interest to take WV. If they do then bye bye BE BCS autobid. The SEC wants 3 bids. That would be hard to come by with as many as 8 bids tied up (6 BCS confs, ND if Top 10, non BCS if Top 10). That leaves two spots and I doubt the SEC gets both over a 2nd team from the B1G, B12, or P12. But take away the BE and that opens up another bid. Plus the fact that the ACC is getting more money with only Pitt and SU has to have the SEC thinking they could easily bump up their money with A&M and anyone.

Yep, the only thing that would force the SEC off of 13 is if scheduling headaches became insurmountable. Aside from that, 13 might be just fine.

I suppose one good thing about 13 is scheduling six plus three, then six plus the other three.

Even if the BE loses an AQ BCS bid, the Mountain West and C-USA continue to talk about holding a cross-league championship in order to get an AQ slot. Politcally speaking I think it'd be tough to not have 6 AQ's.

fbrumormill Football Rumor Mill
Report: #BYU should be announced as the 10th member of the Big 12 on Saturday. #Louisville likely add as well.

Report: #BYU, #TCU, #Louisville, #Cincinnati, West Virginia to join Big 12 http://cincinnati.247sports.com/Boa...the-path-is-becoming-clearer-for-UC-4567931/1

I still think Mizzou is going to the SEC leaving the Big Daddy Deloss conference with only 8 members. Adding 5 would give them an odd number and create scheduling problems. Not insurmountable but not the obvious play. Maybe the Girls and Cons can join the Yankee Conference.

Five points:

1) The BigEast as a basketball conference will remain active...thus giving ND’s Olympic sports a home.

Not exactly the same BE that ND signed up for in 1995. Especially if all the football schools find new homes.

Five points:

Yeah, I think ND would just stay put with SJU, GT, Nova, SH and the rest, while waiting to see what happens with the big conferences.

Amen.

Can I get an Amen!

Yeah, I think ND would just stay put with SJU, GT, Nova, SH and the rest, while waiting to see what happens with the big conferences.
Agreed as for the most part, the BB onlys play a lot of the Olympic sports anyway (eg. lacrosse, cross country, soccer, tennis etc.) . Baseball is probably the bigest problem for ND but I'm pretty sure they play a lot of the B1G's and some BB onlies there as well.

I suppose it would depend on how much money ND would be getting from the BE in a tv deal and what may be worked out with ESPN and others. If the BE can still get some decent bucks it might be enough to keep ND around a bit longer.

44Pride
Seriously you think ND can house their Olympic sports there when those schools typically do not have many Olympic sports and the ones they do all suck? Not gonna happen.

Yeah, I can see ND staying in the BE. While not ideal, ND staying in the BE buys them enough time (maybe 3-5 years) to let this expansion carousel stop spinning. ND will always have a spot in a major conference available to them.