Ohio Attendance | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

As someone who lives out of town and has only been to the NY state fair once - in 1985 to see The Band and CSN - what is the allure of the fair? What is there to see and do?
It’s not for everyone. Most would say it’s about the food and getting drunk. Families with kids have the most to see and do.

I do think there’s a lot of missed opportunities with how to manage and elevate the appeal but I don’t work there. Part of the problem is they just hire cronies and not qualified leaders.

It’s mainly for a boost in your own personal self esteem from the people watching. But it does also make me wanna buy stock in motorized scooters
Nothing any more.. They used to have big shows at the Grandstand which is gone and races at the Grandstand which has been removed along with the racetrack which has been removed. The NYS fair is no longer what it was years ago.

They just launched a buy 3 get one free deal. Starts at 10 am for next 24.
This is good, but kind of seems like a last gasp move due to sales not going well. Why wait to do this now? Should have been days ago and keep it open for more than 24 hours

Nothing any more.. They used to have big shows at the Grandstand which is gone and races at the Grandstand which has been removed along with the racetrack which has been removed. The NYS fair is no longer what it was years ago.
Was completely kidding. I for one who grew up in cuse and now living back here, I love the fair because of the memories so I try to keep traditions alive by going. The concerts have improved a lot, but a lot of food vendors left after COVID. But I still enjoy it. But I’m never missing a cuse game for it especially when it’s only one day of the 13 That the fair has to offer

This is good, but kind of seems like a last gasp move due to sales not going well. Why wait to do this now? Should have been days ago and keep it open for more than 24 hours
Actually like the idea of doing this now and not earlier this month. Casuals are only just starting to realize it’s College Football season with the start of week zero.

As someone who lives out of town and has only been to the NY state fair once - in 1985 to see The Band and CSN - what is the allure of the fair? What is there to see and do?
I’ve gone the last few years when in town for games. I find the people watching to be enjoyable and splurging on absurd carnival / fair food. Beyond that it’s a fair. I could go for a few hours and be content. Not sure I’d ever want to go more than once a year at most.

Yet they can draw over 40,000 people to a show at Suburban Park if they pick the right act.

Sadly, this year most of the entertainment doesn't appeal to me.

Actually like the idea of doing this now and not earlier this month. Casuals are only just starting to realize it’s College Football season with the start of week zero.
Yup. And you do it for 24 hours to drive urgency. They can always extend it if it’s popular.

We just pulled the trigger and will be there with 2 of the kids...can not wait!!!
Think you're from my neck of the woods... presume you're staying over with 2 kids? if my 12 year old doesn't want to roll out with me I contemplating ruining myself with a lonnnng day trip but dammit this team and coach deserve folks to show out.

What does any town fair have to offer? You get out and see some things.

going with the grandkids is fun

But That Dino exhibit this year is pretty cool in the EXPO

Some food you would never eat in real life

check out the history exhibits, the art show, the flower show

hit or miss on the free music

watch the bird show

get on live TV news

look for value on junk you don't need in the center or progress

the sand and butter sculpture

always get the cold milk for a quarter, the ice cream, a hot sausage, fried oreos

4-5 hrs of being a kid again

You kinda stink at business

There is an overabundance of people wearing Cuse gear at the fair. Far more supportive community than some report here.
Some tribes and societies mark themselves with jewelry or tattoos. Syracusian’s use T shirts.
It doesn’t mean butts in the seats.

An early season win streak and they’ll stick their heads out the doors to join the cautious, tepid migration to the Dome.
If the deem it emotionally safe, they will think about committing to more frequent visits in the future.

Geneseo was 5-1 ratio when I was there. Even I got some dates.
when I was at RIT they said it was 16-1, which may have been true, I dont think I had more than 4-5 girls in my classes while I was there outside of a few electives.

They are puzzling to me. Not like we are even (sadly) good at that sport anymore for now. Shouldn’t they bandwagon another team?
With enough sustained irrelevancy, yeah!

Ticketmaster updated map with three plus me offer this morning - way more available seats than was showing before on home upper sides.