Ohio Attendance | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

SU HAS to lower ticket prices for this game. I've found cheaper seats for Louisville, Boston College, NC State, Pitt, Penn State, etc for their 1st home games against mid majors. The excuse will be that their capacity is greater, but it doesn't matter when we can't fill the dome. It's freakin Ohio...300 level corner tickets should not be $40 a seat. No wonder there's a huge amount of unsold tickets in those sections.

Seems to have been pretty much zero movement in tickets over the last few days.

SU HAS to lower ticket prices for this game. I've found cheaper seats for Louisville, Boston College, NC State, Pitt, Penn State, etc for their 1st home games against mid majors. The excuse will be that their capacity is greater, but it doesn't matter when we can't fill the dome. It's freakin Ohio...300 level corner tickets should not be $40 a seat. No wonder there's a huge amount of unsold tickets in those sections.

There are currently tons of tickets on Stubhub in the upper deck in the $15-20 range. I know taxes and fees will increase the total, but it's still pretty managable for a P4 college football game. Right now you can sit in the 4th row of Section 331 for $20 each.

There are currently tons of tickets on Stubhub in the upper deck in the $15-20 range. I know taxes and fees will increase the total, but it's still pretty managable for a P4 college football game. Right now you can sit in the 4th row of Section 331 for $20 each.
Yeah, I'm just talking about the non-resale from ticketmaster. Resale prices are right in line with what they should be...but that won't help the thousands that are left on ticketmaster and overpriced. We're going to be looking at a ton of empty seats if something doesn't change

Looks like the 100s are almost fully sold, 200 level 85%(?)

The cheap seats aren’t moving, weird. Tells me there isn’t that next generation of fans being created.

Last edited:

You’re talking about 40 bucks to a football game.

Am I taking crazy pills?

It's pathetic for a D1 program, whatever the litany of reasons

Then the casual wonders why recruits don't want to come, and good coaches don't want to come or stay.

Gameday atmosphere is just as much a responsibility of the fan as it is the school

Our fans outside the main core base, don't understand that and don't care to
Fans don’t come to watch a mediocre product year over year over year. That’s the nature of (most) fans. We want good entertainment and a chance to win.
In the halcyon days, when Miami came to town, fans always felt we had a great chance to win. Even away games against big programs, we knew SU would be in the game. Mac and early P teams would just beat the hell out of the other teams. We might not win, but opponents respected SU.
Not so much the last 20-30 years.

I could have went to SU for free, my mother worked there. Instead, I went to RIT because I felt they had a better Engineering program and I wanted to get away from home (not that Rochester is far away). Luckily, I had a scholarship there that paid for most of my tuition. It worked out well for me but I always wondered how things would have been if I went to SU instead. Would definitely have been better in the hot girl department.
Try going to Clarkson in the 70’s. I think even RIT had us beat in the hot girl department.

I did. Thank god for Potsdam St.
images

The cheap seats aren’t moving, weird. Tells me there isn’t that next generation of fans being created.

I think an assessment like that would have to come after seeing Georgia Tech attendance. Maybe even Stanford, giving a September Friday night a test drive.

I'm still trying to get used to the fact that if we get the standard 35k who come no matter what, that's over 80% capacity vs 70%.

Yeah, it was like 75% male back then (early 90s). We would go to other schools like SUNY Geneseo on the weekends. Heard that the ratio is better now.
Yeah, Attack of the Nerds. You guys stuck out.

Just from discussions I have heard. Ohio selling has leveled out, but a couple other games have potential for nice crowds.

35K in the new dome will look good. Play well and push it closer to 38-40 for GT and that will determine the hype around Stanford on a Friday night.

"Tells me there isn't that next generation of fans being created"...yet.

Just from discussions I have heard. Ohio selling has leveled out, but a couple other games have potential for nice crowds.

35K in the new dome will look good. Play well and push it closer to 38-40 for GT and that will determine the hype around Stanford on a Friday night.
Ohio map is U G L Y up top

Hopefully an exciting performance will help push the other games

Ohio map is U G L Y up top

Hopefully an exciting performance will help push the other games
The 300’s used to be 20 something’s , young families, and blue collar.

The 300’s used to be 20 something’s , young families, and blue collar.
I should amend my post. It's ugly on the top, visitor side, after row d or so.

The lower rows of seats up top are pretty good.

And the home side looks pretty solid.

The lower and middle level looks good.

It's the end zone opposite the students and the upper rows on the visitor side that need a lot of work.

Basically everywhere TV would show the crowd needs a lot of help.