Ohio Attendance | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

I should amend my post. It's ugly on the top, visitor side, after row d or so.

The lower rows of seats up top are pretty good.

And the home side looks pretty solid.

The lower and middle level looks good.

It's the end zone opposite the students and the upper rows on the visitor side that need a lot of work.

Basically everywhere TV would show the crowd needs a lot of help.
I find it interesting that the last few years the upper rows in the west endzone got pretty full but those seats are mostly empty now. Perhaps the lack of doing the special game packages or we need to see games 2-3 to really know. its $30 tickets up there so not really that pricey.

That big empty blob in the 200 behind the goal post is gonna look ugly.. i would save face and just dont sell them and put a SY tarp over it.

the top 20 rows from 312 and over on the visitor side is ugly.

Since we sold more seasons than we have been are people more compressed now than before?

even the top 10 rows on the home side has plenty of seats when you realize every other row is not being shown.

I find it interesting that the last few years the upper rows in the west endzone got pretty full but those seats are mostly empty now. Perhaps the lack of doing the special game packages or we need to see games 2-3 to really know. its $30 tickets up there so not really that pricey.

That big empty blob in the 200 behind the goal post is gonna look ugly.. i would save face and just dont sell them and put a SY tarp over it.

the top 20 rows from 312 and over on the visitor side is ugly.

Since we sold more seasons than we have been are people more compressed now than before?

even the top 10 rows on the home side has plenty of seats when you realize every other row is not being shown.
This is not gonna be popular on here, but I know all you say is accurate..we will be lucky to get 30k actual butts in seats for ohio..hell, you said it, maybe best to just tarp off empty endzone..What, not sure why some keep saying 35 or above. Sadly, fran and DART and us utter die hards aside, no one locally even fricken cares. Jesus. Breaks my heart, SMH

This is not gonna be popular on here, but I know all you say is accurate..we will be lucky to get 30k actual butts in seats for ohio..hell, you said it, maybe best to just tarp off empty endzone..What, not sure why some keep saying 35 or above. Sadly, fran and DART and us utter die hards aside, no one locally even fricken cares. Jesus. Breaks my heart, SMH
Seven days out would need to move 1k a day to get north of 90% capacity (38.5k)

Most likely get to 75% capacity for game (32.5k)

80% is 34.1k

Are you radio call in Pat?

I should amend my post. It's ugly on the top, visitor side, after row d or so.

The lower rows of seats up top are pretty good.

And the home side looks pretty solid.

The lower and middle level looks good.

It's the end zone opposite the students and the upper rows on the visitor side that need a lot of work.

Basically everywhere TV would show the crowd needs a lot of help.
We switched sides to 321 this year.
1000000599.jpg

Does anyone know if they have anything at the fair?
I really think they need to have a presence at the fair. There’s been discussion on here that SU can’t sell tickets off school grounds, but they don’t need to do that. Just have a presence.

Have the coaches and some players there a night or 2 to take photos and shake hands. Have a football throwing accuracy game. Put the thought of SU football in all these people’s minds. There’s people from all over NY there that you can maybe attract to a game or 2.

All I had to go by is that I took a snap shot of the seats before they removed the odd rows and counted what was free and it came to about 6500. That doesnt count for whatever number the students sell but it was said they allotted about 6k. 42.5 - 6500 puts you at 36000

If we get 5000 kids to show up that endzone will look fine. Even 3-4000 will fill the lower and half the upper.

We dont really know how many seasons we sold 20k? maybe more. we sold several thousand more than last year though.

I dont know where the other 5000 that are missing come into play either?

30k of 50k is 60%
30K of 42K is 70%.

it will look better.

Are you radio call in Pat?
Nope, but I do kind of like that handle of 'radio call in pat'..I would hope if that 'pat' was on here, that would be their forum name

People need to relax. You can buy tickets instantly without having to stand inline. Cash out tomorrow is better than cash out today. It’s walk up with the ability to pick your seat.

It will be fine. Things go well the last three games will be sell outs. I’d expect GT and Stanford to be around $40k.

Also if they did the remodel right, word of mouth will boost sales as well.

Last edited:
They just launched a buy 3 get one free deal. Starts at 10 am for next 24.
I got this email also as a donor, but not a season ticket holder.

As someone who lives out of town and has only been to the NY state fair once - in 1985 to see The Band and CSN - what is the allure of the fair? What is there to see and do?