Ohio Attendance | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

Great years for hockey for sure. Hockey and $1 pitchers at the Whiskey One got us through the long winters.
Haha! I was in Jr. High back then, but my friends' uncle had season tickets and he used to take us to the games all the time. Loved the old arena. It got raucous!

we have no idea on student tickets.. I was told they did well, but what does well mean?

Do we even really know if they have a bigger allotment or less than before?

They had more kids than seats before packed in. The rush to get into that lower section could be interesting if they control that better

we have no idea on student tickets.. I was told they did well, but what does well mean?

Do we even really know if they have a bigger allotment or less than before?

They had more kids than seats before packed in. The rush to get into that lower section could be interesting if they control that better

They have a much larger allotment

They have a much larger allotment
and that could make it look ugly if they havent sold well

just 15 yrs ago they sold 4200 student tickets how far have we dropped since then?

just 5 yrs ago we set records for reg season ticket sales for new ticket holders

Even last year when the students showed up in force its hard to know how many were there but it had to be 3-4K

Did they do first come first serve for student sales like always?

What? Student tickets are completely different and aren't publicly available to view.
Miami and UCONN games...300 level student tix are being sold. Even if Cuse was 11-0, they'd probably only fill 500-750 seats

Last edited:

just 15 yrs ago they sold 4200 student tickets how far have we dropped since then?

just 5 yrs ago we set records for reg season ticket sales for new ticket holders

Even last year when the students showed up in force its hard to know how many were there but it had to be 3-4K

I don't think sales is the issue...getting them to arrive on time and stay after halftime is the issue

They’ve had a problem recently with selling out of students tickets which is why they expanded the section.

If they sold out of seasons, the kids could only buy individual games.

Those individual game seats, while at the student price, were not within the “normal” student sections due to fire codes.

Because of this the kids who bough individual game tickets were scattered throughout the dome.

The new student section allows for them to sell day of student seats as well season tickets, all within the same student sections

so hopefully the lower and upper gets sold and the corners are the overflow. but this means the ST number has room to grow now which is good'

As someone who lives out of town and has only been to the NY state fair once - in 1985 to see The Band and CSN - what is the allure of the fair? What is there to see and do?

Well, like you pointed out, there used to be a lot of great concerts - most of them free - at the Fair. There used to be more animal shows, more places to sit down near the Midway for people to take a break. The restaurant row of food stands was less expensive, and maybe it's just me, but I think the food was better quality. Some of the buildings were interesting.

At one time, the Center of Progress Building wasn't just pure hucksters. My mom once bought a stainless steel cook set in the 1970s at the Fair that I still have today, and is still in great shape, 50 years later.

The games on the Midway seemed a little less fixed, were a little more fun. But maybe that's just me with rose colored glasses on.

Eat a lot of regional foods and ice cream, lots of beer, wines, regional liquors.

The farming stuff is pretty neat (seriously), lots of 4H and FFA type of things, really shows off the diversity of the state.

Some of the exhibit halls are just off-beat (selling hot tubs in the middle of a flower show) but a lot of it is pretty ok.

Stayed far away from the rides.

American Indian village stuff was cool, test your lax speed and other stuff.

People watching has its moments for sure.

I always enjoyed the livestock buildings, too.

I always enjoyed the livestock buildings, too.

Maybe you guys can explain this to me...walked through the llama area, and every now and then there was like a human hanging out in an area you would think was reserved for llamas. I mean, is there a reason for that?

I don't think we will know anything about what attendance will be like this season until the GT game, or possibly later. This is a new product and people are cynical.
There were times when people were interested in seeing the new HC. That disappointing Fran won’t have a good turn out for his 1st game. I mean there’s less than 43k seats. You would think it would be easy. Then again i’m sure mostly just the people on this board and a couple thousand more even care. It’s not like this is Wagner or CW Post

Maybe you guys can explain this to me...walked through the llama area, and every now and then there was like a human hanging out in an area you would think was reserved for llamas. I mean, is there a reason for that?

Yes, they are usually the owners.

That’s usually where they are staying while their animals are at the fair

i can't get worked up about attendance for such a mediocre first opponent. The days of Florida, Oklahoma, Texas (hope the railing doesn't break again!), Tennessee are worthy of being critical of people if they don't show up for the titans.

Ohio, whatever. They'll show up for Tech if there's a ranked opponent coming to the dome

i can't get worked up about attendance for such a mediocre first opponent. The days of Florida, Oklahoma, Texas (hope the railing doesn't break again!), Tennessee are worthy of being critical of people if they don't show up for the titans.

Ohio, whatever. They'll show up for Tech if there's a ranked opponent coming to the dome
I also don't sweat attendance. Not my job to sell the tickets, my job is to get to as many games as I can for as long as I can, and to make sure whatever games I can't attend, the tickets are used by someone.

I didn't know where to post this but looking to make the drive up from Mass for the opener. Looking at tickets now, are double letter rows higher or lower than single letter rows? Any insight appreciated!!

I didn't know where to post this but looking to make the drive up from Mass for the opener. Looking at tickets now, are double letter rows higher or lower than single letter rows? Any insight appreciated!!

Single letters first, then double letters as you go up higher.

Ticketmaster site should let you pick the actual seats.