Ohio Attendance | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

As someone who lives out of town and has only been to the NY state fair once - in 1985 to see The Band and CSN - what is the allure of the fair? What is there to see and do?

Eat a lot of regional foods and ice cream, lots of beer, wines, regional liquors.

The farming stuff is pretty neat (seriously), lots of 4H and FFA type of things, really shows off the diversity of the state.

Some of the exhibit halls are just off-beat (selling hot tubs in the middle of a flower show) but a lot of it is pretty ok.

Stayed far away from the rides.

American Indian village stuff was cool, test your lax speed and other stuff.

People watching has its moments for sure.

Allot of adult centric Fair responses. If you have kids it's pretty straightforward. Parents work during the week and will hit the Fair on the weekends.

I do get puzzled why driving a scooter means you get to push people out of the way when the crowd is busy and not just go slow like the walkers have to do.

I think it's vital that the students show up. Fill that end of the Dome, create an atmosphere, get the win so the freshmen want to come back. If they don't show up, that is going to be a sterile, non-intimidating environment, and it's going to make the decision to clear the season ticket holders out of that end look foolish.

Also, it's infuriating when the 100 level season ticket holders don't show up. That is a hideous look. It makes moot all of our talk about the number of season tickets sold.

My friend was looking at 300 level seats for Georgia Tech, and the far corners were going for about 18 bucks.

my rough count is that since mid july when the tickets opend up they havent sold 500
I don't think we will know anything about what attendance will be like this season until the GT game, or possibly later. This is a new product and people are cynical.

I’ve gone the last few years when in town for games. I find the people watching to be enjoyable and splurging on absurd carnival / fair food. Beyond that it’s a fair. I could go for a few hours and be content. Not sure I’d ever want to go more than once a year at most.
Yup...I get my fix in about 3-4 hours. I don't do the midway.

Gt winning and SU playing well week 1 will help

Today on XM the guys had the Ohio game as their best pick vs the spread this week.
Like we'll easily cover?

What? Student tickets are completely different and aren't publicly available to view.
500 tickets sold since they opened up single game ticket sales is what the poster is referring to.