Ohio Attendance | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

i can't get worked up about attendance for such a mediocre first opponent. The days of Florida, Oklahoma, Texas (hope the railing doesn't break again!), Tennessee are worthy of being critical of people if they don't show up for the titans.

Ohio, whatever. They'll show up for Tech if there's a ranked opponent coming to the dome
Doesn't anybody come to the games to see Syracuse play? It's totally frustrating to see posts like this. Most every other big program has huge turnouts every week for their team...especially the 1st game. Our core fans are awesome. The rest suck by college football standards.

i can't get worked up about attendance for such a mediocre first opponent. The days of Florida, Oklahoma, Texas (hope the railing doesn't break again!), Tennessee are worthy of being critical of people if they don't show up for the titans.

Ohio, whatever. They'll show up for Tech if there's a ranked opponent coming to the dome
The railing falling on Graves in student section vs Texas, ah, great flashback moment. I remember their big tight end, lovell pickney I believe was his name. Stuffed his ass. Hook em horns! That was a great game. Making the horns with our fingers at Texas fans on the way out of the Dome is a forever childhood memory.

I also don't sweat attendance. Not my job to sell the tickets, my job is to get to as many games as I can for as long as I can, and to make sure whatever games I can't attend, the tickets are used by someone.
THIS ^^^^^^

Doesn't anybody come to the games to see Syracuse play? It's totally frustrating to see posts like this. Most every other big program has huge turnouts every week for their team...especially the 1st game. Our core fans are awesome. The rest suck by college football standards.
I get your point, but we're just not one of the places where college football is a religion where fans show up no matter what.

Maybe you guys can explain this to me...walked through the llama area, and every now and then there was like a human hanging out in an area you would think was reserved for llamas. I mean, is there a reason for that?

Did he have a shovel?

I also don't sweat attendance. Not my job to sell the tickets, my job is to get to as many games as I can for as long as I can, and to make sure whatever games I can't attend, the tickets are used by someone.
This is the way.

We've seen over and over and over again the past few years that attendance will be fine. We've drawn in the mid/upper 30s for early season games. And deep into the 40s for games when we've been good.

It was all of 2 years ago that we sold out the Dome for a ranked NC State when we were also ranked.

It'll be fine. There will be a full, loud student section for Ohio. Just go and enjoy.

Yes there are some of those fans, they are on this board and probably 90% of the season ticket holder fanbase. However, thats not 30K+ people. It used to be back in the 80s and 90s but has eroded over time for various reasons as I noted in my post last week. Right or wrong the casual or semi-interested in fan is only going to come for a big game or if the team is winning.

Yes, about 35K fans go to see SU play every week. The other 7K we need to fill the place are driven by opponent and stakes.

And this "every other big time program" thing isn't entirely true. Obviously the elite schools of the SEC and B1G turn out every week. After that... meh.

You can find this same discussion on the LSU board when they play lesser opponents. I’m sure the same other places. In-person attendance is a stress for most school at some level.

You can find this same discussion on the LSU board when they play lesser opponents. I’m sure the same other places. In-person attendance is a stress for most school at some level.
Aye, I have watched a lot of other games the past few years where there are big gaps of empty seats in the background, the exception might be the football factories. We are never going to compete (attendance) with the Michigan and Tennessee’s of the world.

on NYSFairFan they're b*tching about the football game effecting Saturday's attendance!!!
To quote james carville, “it’s the economy, stupid!” The average upstate New Yorker has less purchasing power and disposable income than they have had in years past. Hope the school has some hot flash sales so the average resident can take the kids to the game.

To quote james carville, “it’s the economy, stupid!” The average upstate New Yorker has less purchasing power and disposable income than they have had in years past. Hope the school has some hot flash sales so the average resident can take the kids to the game.
You can get tickets for 15 on stub hub, seat geak …….. probably 25 ish with additional costs. If you go to tick master and look around you can also find cheaper seats. I get your point , it still a costly day for family of 4 and a hot dog and a soda . They do throw up some specials from time to time.

Maybe you guys can explain this to me...walked through the llama area, and every now and then there was like a human hanging out in an area you would think was reserved for llamas. I mean, is there a reason for that?

Werellamas.