Ohio Attendance | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

actually other than the first day of cold and rain the other 4 days are above last year. only 8k behind overall.
and that includes the big concert being cancelled.

Of course, they wait until 7:40 pm to announce the 8 pm show is cancelled.

If overlapping with the fair is such a drain on attendance, which I don't think it is, schedule football on the road week one. Problem solved.
Remember the last year we started the season ranked and played 2 road games? It was a disaster Maryland stuffed us and we didn’t get to fire up the Dome cooking vs the MAC team week 1 which was crazy.

Ohio GT and HC will be respectable and loud. I think the other games might have great near sellout crowds. Football is a TV sport these days the new Dome should look much better without all the silver.

You can find this same discussion on the LSU board when they play lesser opponents. I’m sure the same other places. In-person attendance is a stress for most school at some level.

The new sports marketing guy for revenue sports is a friend of mine. Terrific young guy who I feel is going to do a great job. Plus, his dad is a Newhouse and radio legend.

Fran has created Buzz. I think the hoops team is going to win around 24-25 games this year, which will give Red some buzz of his own.

People in this town want to support winning teams. Some call that front running, but most of the ticket holders are local residents, not alumni. These are Syracuse's "pro teams" and that's how they are supported.

Yes, about 35K fans go to see SU play every week. The other 7K we need to fill the place are driven by opponent and stakes.

And this "every other big time program" thing isn't entirely true. Obviously the elite schools of the SEC and B1G turn out every week. After that... meh.
attendance is down in college football but of course no one pays attn to that here.

Syracuse draws fine for our peers. we're not penn st. We're in the BC/Pitt wing of "if we're good, more people will show up...if we're generationally good (1992 season) everyone will show up..."

We were 68th nationally in average attendance last year. Only Stanford, Wake, WSU, Duke, Vandy and Northwestern were behind us amongst P5 teams. BC and Georgia Tech were a handful of slots ahead of us along with Houston, Cincy. Not too good but not unexpected. And our home schedule last year was trash minus Clemson. Win and they will come

We were 68th nationally in average attendance last year. Only Stanford, Wake, WSU, Duke, Vandy and Northwestern were behind us amongst P5 teams. BC and Georgia Tech were a handful of slots ahead of us along with Houston, Cincy. Not too good but not unexpected. And our home schedule last year was trash minus Clemson. Win and they will come

It's almost like there are attendance similarities among private schools with national alumni bases that don't reside within 200 miles of campus after graduation...

Operation pack the Dome has begun, tickets for $20.
which is why I don't understand not having some presence at the state fair.

you have 50-75 K of people a day, most of who will not be going back to the fair again, who might need to see what's available for anyone of the upcoming games.

if you sell 10-25 tickets a day its a valuable thing, some might not realize how much its changed inside, or the food options, or the cost, or the AC or the wifi, or that the cost of seasons is a great value.

which is why I don't understand not having some presence at the state fair.

you have 50-75 K of people a day, most of who will not be going back to the fair again, who might need to see what's available for anyone of the upcoming games.

if you sell 10-25 tickets a day its a valuable thing, some might not realize how much its changed inside, or the food options, or the cost, or the AC or the wifi, or that the cost of seasons is a great value.
They usually do. They don’t this year? Thats strange.

They usually do. They don’t this year? Thats strange.
Maybe they did, but I didn't stumble across it if they did.

In the past its been right around the main entrance area.

But they moved lots of things. the TV setups used to be all around the quad and they were spread apart now as well.

I didn't find any tents selling Syracuse merch either. I was told there wasn't one by a couple people and usually there is a tent selling stuff, but I didn't spend as long there as other years to really look, now that it's much more spread out.

Unfortunately have to agree with Brent here, some of these prices are outrageous. Anywhere from $65 to $105 per seat to sit in the 300 level sideline between the 20s...for Ohio! I'm a die hard but would be 50/50 about spending that much to see a MAC team if I didn't have seasons

actually other than the first day of cold and rain the other 4 days are above last year. only 8k behind overall.
and that includes the big concert being cancelled.
Similar attendance to last year, but that's a low bar to clear. At the end of the day, though, it's not attendance but profit/loss that determines success. You can have free admission like they did during Cuomo's last years and get 1.3 million through the gates but how many of those extra bodies spent their share?

Unfortunately have to agree with Brent here, some of these prices are outrageous. Anywhere from $65 to $105 per seat to sit in the 300 level sideline between the 20s...for Ohio! I'm a die hard but would be 50/50 about spending that much to see a MAC team if I didn't have seasons

Bingo. Entirely too expensive. It's a shame. This pricing for Ohio suggests it's almost as if they don't want to fill the dome and build the fanbase.