Ohio Attendance | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

Unfortunately have to agree with Brent here, some of these prices are outrageous. Anywhere from $65 to $105 per seat to sit in the 300 level sideline between the 20s...for Ohio! I'm a die hard but would be 50/50 about spending that much to see a MAC team if I didn't have seasons
how much do the seasons cost for those tickets then you work your math from that.

if they sell one off games for cheaper than a season ticket why would 50% of the people buy season tickets at all until we get more bodies in the building

Coach Fran firing up the freshman class!!

x.com

IMG_5055.jpeg

I have the map from mid july and compared it to today.

There is no logical reason to think that people have been buying tickets every other row and no one has tried to resell any of them.,

So by that logic there are a bunch of rows not being sold at all.

By that same token many rows you can buy now that you couldnt it july when more were held for season tickets.

just for exampl mid july section 317 row k - V were available to buy, all of them. now you can only by every othe row and its been like that for weeks. I dont think they magically sold just the every other row. They removed them about a week later and they never came back open.

They have done well in the 100s and 200s though in moving a chunk of tickets.

those $250 tickets in c108 have not done much. just too pricey

But I wonder if price is really the issue here. $50-70 mid field upperdeck is not a crazy price, For Ohio maybe but not the location.

But no one is really buying the $20-30 dollar ones either, in the other areas of the dome.

we can complain, but what price pt makes sense in the big picture when you also deal with season tickets.

Maybe pricing Ohio all along as a cheaper option made more sense but only if people showed up.

GT will tell us what demand really is but I think 50% of people or more balk at $50 tickets in this area, but will pay $1-200 to go to a bills game.

how much do the seasons cost for those tickets then you work your math from that.

if they sell one off games for cheaper than a season ticket why would 50% of the people buy season tickets at all until we get more bodies in the building
I don't really buy that argument, for Ohio. The school can 100% lower the prices for Ohio while still keeping the value of buying season tickets. Noone is going to pay this much to watch a MAC team. I'm not worried about these price points for ACC games, but for a MAC team they just aren't reasonable

Doesn't anybody come to the games to see Syracuse play? It's totally frustrating to see posts like this. Most every other big program has huge turnouts every week for their team...especially the 1st game. Our core fans are awesome. The rest suck by college football standards.
Any somewhat big boy football program would be able to sell out 42.7k with a brand new HC with this much hype around the program. Half the morons who make the ridiculous, negative comments at your random site don’t even know there is a new HC. They just complain without even knowing what they’re already complaining about. Long way to go before we change the perception, unfortunately.

Any somewhat big boy football program would be able to sell out 42.7k with a brand new HC with this much hype around the program. Half the morons who make the ridiculous, negative comments at your random site don’t even know there is a new HC. They just complain without even knowing what they’re already complaining about. Long way to go before we change the perception, unfortunately.
"Just win Baby" - Al Davis, SU alum.

It’s more than just a Mac team coming in, even though the Mac is a solid conference. It’s the home opener and Fran/mccords intro game. If people can’t shell out 30 bucks for that then there’s literally no hope.

I’ve paid more for Yankee tix in May against a whatever team.

It’s more than just a Mac team coming in, even though the Mac is a solid conference. It’s the home opener and Fran/mccords intro game. If people can’t shell out 30 bucks for that then there’s literally no hope.

The wins and losses and the track record over the last 23 years is the real reason there isn't much interest in Syracuse football right now. Beat Ohio and the game vs Ga Tech will look different. Blaming the locals for what has happened to the program does not make much sense. Many people just aren't interested anymore and plenty of them are sports fans. One good off season isn't going to change what has happened.

I think overall there was much more interest in Marrone's first game with Paulus as the starter. But again that was 15 years ago. It has continued to erode slowly since then as well. That said It was evident even in Marrone's first game that it was a different program under his watch. the losing streak at the end of 2011 is what ruined a lot of things.

People need proof that this is a winner before they shell out their entertainment dollars.

The wins and losses and the track record over the last 23 years is the real reason there isn't much interest in Syracuse football right now. Beat Ohio and the game vs Ga Tech will look different. Blaming the locals for what has happened to the program does not make much sense. Many people just aren't interested anymore and plenty of them are sports fans. One goof off season isn't going to change what has happened.

I think overall there was much more interest in Marrone's game with Paulus as the starter. But again that was 15 years ago. It has continued to erode slowly since then as well
Its a TV sport and the Syracuse metro isn't that big. Most people would would make the effort to go to the Dome in August for a MAC team would just buy season tickets.

The wins and losses and the track record over the last 23 years is the real reason there isn't much interest in Syracuse football right now. Beat Ohio and the game vs Ga Tech will look different. Blaming the locals for what has happened to the program does not make much sense. Many people just aren't interested anymore and plenty of them are sports fans. One good off season isn't going to change what has happened.

I think overall there was much more interest in Marrone's first game with Paulus as the starter. But again that was 15 years ago. It has continued to erode slowly since then as well. That said It was evident even in Marrone's first game that it was a different program under his watch. the losing streak at the end of 2011 is what ruined a lot of things.

Plus for Marrone’s opener they did give away tickets. A lot of them. At the fair.

Throw in that it was a more interesting, Big 10
opponent, and it all worked.

I don't really buy that argument, for Ohio. The school can 100% lower the prices for Ohio while still keeping the value of buying season tickets. Noone is going to pay this much to watch a MAC team. I'm not worried about these price points for ACC games, but for a MAC team they just aren't reasonable
You also have to draw a line somewhere. At the end of the day this is a business for SU. I understand it’s not a marquee opponent, but if they start selling $15 tickets and you condition everyone that they can just wait and buy a power 4 football ticket for less than lunch at chipotle, people are never going to see the value in buying the tickets at full price.

They’ve put hundreds of millions of dollars into the Dome, it appears that they’ve invested heavily in staff and are building a new football complex. At some point they can’t afford to keep giving away tickets, and I think we’re seeing that now (also, getting into a power 4 game at the Dome where there’s really not a bad seat for 20 something dollars is very reasonable in my opinion).

Bottom line Syracuse is a bad sports town. Look at basketball the attendance is down 30 percent...because they are not winning lately. The problem with bad fans is if the team starts to win 7 games a year they will be bored with that and make an excuse about not winning 9. If i cant make a game for whatever rare reason i will not be giving my tickets to anyone who never goes to games. Empty seat or donation to local charity they go to.

You also have to draw a line somewhere. At the end of the day this is a business for SU. I understand it’s not a marquee opponent, but if they start selling $15 tickets and you condition everyone that they can just wait and buy a power 4 football ticket for less than lunch at chipotle, people are never going to see the value in buying the tickets at full price.

They’ve put hundreds of millions of dollars into the Dome, it appears that they’ve invested heavily in staff and are building a new football complex. At some point they can’t afford to keep giving away tickets, and I think we’re seeing that now (also, getting into a power 4 game at the Dome where there’s really not a bad seat for 20 something dollars is very reasonable in my opinion).
Agree. I think there’s probably a line between what’s reasonable and devaluing the product too much. Plus with resale tickets people can get in the door for very little. We don’t need to reduce list pricing that much. It’s only 42k seats. If team wins and is attractive we will sell out and pricing won’t need to be adjusted. Winning matters more than anything.

People also forget or don’t seem to want to acknowledge. We’ve basically lost 2 decades of fans; local kids growing up with a fledging program and kids who went to ‘cuse. That entire population has had very little reason to “buy in” and SU FB isn’t on the radar. Expecting a 20 or 30 year old to all of a sudden care in a program they never once cared about to any real degree, just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

This has nothing to do with the cost of tix. The fan base has to be built back up. Do tix prices matter in doing that, absolutely. But it’s not the ultimate reason for attendance. We were never going to fill the dome for this game even with $5 tix.

Plus for Marrone’s opener they did give away tickets. A lot of them. At the fair.

Throw in that it was a more interesting, Big 10
opponent, and it all worked.

And that game still had lots of empty sections. It was full in areas but it wasn’t packed. It was loud as hell though for the amount of people that showed up.

Oh my god, let the past go