Ohio Attendance | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

$263 a seat! Includes food and beverage, but that's crazy. Wildhack keeps saying that there was demand for this, but I just don't see it. Every game has almost all of these seats still available. Not a good look for TV
The sideline seats are 2x as much but virtually sold out. Wildhack is right about demand for premium service/club seats but the (lazy) move that was made to try to use the basketball sideline seats for football club 44 was misguided at best.

They were told this by MANY former club44 pass holders (my family was one and knew several others with same opinion). The endzones premium seat schedule is very likley to change now that they have hard data to back up all the negative feedback they recieved when they were trying to sell them this summer.

Make no mistake, there is a sizable demand for tickets that are premium priced with club access, but none of the people who are wiling to pay those prices want to sit in the end zone (I know some on this board know people who like those seats, but that is an exception, not the rule)

Last edited:
The sideline seats are 2x as much but virtually sold out. Wildhack is right about demand for premium service/club seats but the (lazy) move that was made to try to use the basketball sideline seats for football club 44 was misguided at best.

They were told this by MANY former club44 pass holders (my family was one and new several others with same opinion). The endzones premium seat schedule is very likley to change now that they have hard data to back up all the negative feedback they recieved when they were trying to sell them this summer.

Make no mistake, there is a sizable demand for tickets that are premium priced with club access, but none of the people who are wiling to pay those prices want to sit in the end zone (I know some on this board know people who like those seats, but that is an exception, not the rule)
I definitely agree with that, my comment on the price is definitely based on those seats being in a bad location

They were told this by MANY former club44 pass holders (my family was one and new several others with same opinion). The endzones premium seat schedule is very likley to change now that they have hard data to back up all the negative feedback they recieved when they were trying to sell them this summer.

Yeah, I inquired about the club 44 premium seats. Outrageous pricing for end zone seats. No way those will move unless it's an extremely in demand game (maybe Miami and GT if we win handily this week).

$263 a seat! Includes food and beverage, but that's crazy. Wildhack keeps saying that there was demand for this, but I just don't see it. Every game has almost all of these seats still available. Not a good look for TV
was the demand for BBall though worth the lack of demand for Fball is the question?

Its a TV sport and the Syracuse metro isn't that big. Most people would would make the effort to go to the Dome in August for a MAC team would just buy season tickets.
Once Micron starts building out and their people start moving in tickets for games will be hard to come by when Fran starts winning.

feels like the demand doesn't meet the price/location. How many did they actually sell and how does that price compare to the seats in that area that they did sell?

all the seats around that are gone. What did they go for?

What do you value food/drinks at $50 a person or $100 I guess is the question?

The same seat row in 113 is $60.
The same seat row in 102 is $110

So if the seat is $100 and food is $100 would people pay $200 and not the $250?

I dont think I could eat/drink more than maybe $20-40 worth of stuff.

But maybe you sell them in sets $200 for 2 seats so $300 for the pair with drink and you could move them?

No one is paying that for endzone seats. No amount of food ( moot for many of us on here as we tailgate all day before) is worth that. Anyone can see on the map that almost all of the endzone premiums are unsold. It isn't that the location isn't ok, that price point isn't.

Hey, theyll be great seats for hoops at least. For fb at $263 a pop, phhh. Swing and a miss.

No one is paying that for endzone seats. No amount of food ( moot for many of us on here as we tailgate all day before) is worth that. Anyone can see on the map that almost all of the endzone premiums are unsold. It isn't that the location isn't ok, that price point isn't.

Hey, theyll be great seats for hoops at least. For fb at $263 a pop, phhh. Swing and a miss.
Yup, all they need to do (which I already suggested to them) is to tie the club 44 to the sideline premium sections that are above the Khun Lounge premium section that ends at row 8.

Row 8 and below, you get Kuhn lounge. Row 9 and above you get club 44. If there is additional capacity in Club 44, then you also allow the visitor side on the 50 to access the club as well for an upcharge.

Btw, people like the clubs because its a place to go and get different food/drinks and private bathrooms yes, but more so its a place to go meet up/take a break with friends/family at the game without getting run over in the middle of the concourse (particularly if you have kids). Not all of us (I mean I am) are maniacs who need to be glued to our seats for all 3600 seconds of the game. Some of the families are there for the comradery and experience!

The clubs make it more enjoyable for my wife and daughter which means they are more willing to go, which means I am allowed to go period haha. They put up with a long trek (7hrs round trip) and having a comfortable place to go during a 3.5hr game is a very nice perk for them to break up the game a bit. I know we are not uncommon for the type of families who use the club.

They were told this by MANY former club44 pass holders (my family was one and knew several others with same opinion). The endzones premium seat schedule is very likley to change now that they have hard data to back up all the negative feedback they recieved when they were trying to sell them this summer.

And GREAT opportunity to sample the experience at the VIP Experience thread pinned above. Leading bid right now is around 25% of the value of the package and auction benefits Syracuse University student athletes!

Plus for Marrone’s opener they did give away tickets. A lot of them. At the fair.

Throw in that it was a more interesting, Big 10
opponent, and it all worked.
On a much smaller scale the Syracuse Crunch give each season ticket holder two vouchers to give to friends for a free ticket to a regular season game.

With the issues SU has on Labor Day weekend and games like Holy Cross maybe they should consider doing something similar.

I believe the unsold seats counted do include the pink resale dots, so we will likely see an announced attendance of around 40k or 95% capacity.
If it's 40k announced, it's anywhere from 36-38k actual butts in seats. Thats better than we all thought. Im hopeful, yet skeptical. If its closer to 36 actual, still leaves almost 7k real empty nice new blue pews. Which would be, say, marginally better than we hoped. 38 actual, don't think anyone here would complain at all given everything.

We win sat, and gt wins sat, we could legit see 39-40k actual butts next week. Win that, stanford should be near/is a legit sellout for fri night lights.

Last edited: