Ohio Attendance | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

Oh my god, let the past go
But his reasoning is exactly why this thread even exists. Casuals are not, right now, interested in sufb. There are myriad of reasons for that. But, as qdawgg and Ithaca correctly point out, chief among them, is the fact that we have been so mediocre to bad for 2 decades, casuals are not invested as the local and alumni base has not been invested, bc of results on the field.

Im all for moving on from the past too. Hopefully brighter days are ahead of us now. But we wouldn' have this thread running if we had been better for the last 20 plus years. If we were more successful, we'd instead have a thread about how casuals can get their hands on tix. Here is to wishing that into our collective existence.

Last edited:
sure, makes sense to ignore the past when you are constantly whining about current attendance and why if somebody won't spend $30 on a ticket there is no hope!
even last year when we started out 4-0 we lost the next 5 games? No one has faith in this program thus the attendance issues. Faith can be restored but it needs to be more than 1 good season. Winning solves everything. This program is a bottom 10 program in the 2000s. Need to improve that and you'll get fans back.

Just go on youtube and watch the big games of the late 80s/90s. Palpable enthusiasm and real home field advantage. Even the announcers would declare the Carrier Dome a problem for opponents. We were a thing. Need to become a thing again to get the casusals back

even last year when we started out 4-0 we lost the next 5 games? No one has faith in this program thus the attendance issues. Faith can be restored but it needs to be more than 1 good season. Winning solves everything. This program is a bottom 10 program in the 2000s. Need to improve that and you'll get fans back.

Just go on youtube and watch the big games of the late 80s/90s. Palpable enthusiasm and real home field advantage. Even the announcers would declare the Carrier Dome a problem for opponents. We were a thing. Need to become a thing again to get the casusals back
LET THE PAST GO!

Bottom line Syracuse is a bad sports town. Look at basketball the attendance is down 30 percent...because they are not winning lately. The problem with bad fans is if the team starts to win 7 games a year they will be bored with that and make an excuse about not winning 9. If i cant make a game for whatever rare reason i will not be giving my tickets to anyone who never goes to games. Empty seat or donation to local charity they go to.

We're #2 in Hoops average attendance last season.

We're #1 in LAX average attendance.

Must be a lot more good fans than bad fans.

Pete Sala just said that the student section is sold out for Ohio, and they are working to get the freshman single game tickets for this game. Great problem to have
That’s a big block of tickets, I think when all is said and done it’s going to be a little better then expected on Saturday ( expected here amongst our perpetual glass half empty crowd )

That’s a big block of tickets, I think when all is said and done it’s going to be a little better then expected on Saturday ( expected here amongst our perpetual glass half empty crowd )
Yeah, he did also mention their total student allotment increased by 500 seats due to moving the section. That end of the Dome is going to be deafening when full!

Guess Fran just needs to win 11 games this year AND beat Tennessee in ATL next year to get the juice going
Maybe start with 8 wins and nobody here is the problem but it's been a rough 23 years and hiring a DB coach from NJ who coached at Georgia doesn't scream to the casual fan, we are big time!

My count was closer to 6000 empty seats when you factor in the missing rows.

Now knowing the student count is somewhere between 5-6k? that puts us at worst in the 36K range an 85%or so.

Pete Sala just said that the student section is sold out for Ohio, and they are working to get the freshman single game tickets for this game. Great problem to have

We have a close friend whose son is in his 2nd year. There is what seems like, more enthusiasm from the students for football than there has been in the past.

I just wish Pete Sala would lie and say, "can't wait for Ohio (State) to come to the Dome this weekend". Let's fool our fanbase into showing up for a big game
They'd know he was lying because he didn't call it "the" Ohio State. Wouldn't help.

How are sales of the premiums? Particularly the Club 44 end zone. The new orange seats, if not full, will stick out terrible on TV games. I would love to see random season ticket holders given game time upgrades to them.

How are sales of the premiums? Particularly the Club 44 end zone. The new orange seats, if not full, will stick out terrible on TV games. I would love to see random season ticket holders given game time upgrades to them.
IMG_6792.jpeg

Not great.