Ohio Attendance | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

Whenever I hear someone around here (Albany/ Saratoga) talk about how they are going to an NFL game I casually mention that my wife and I have season tickets plus parking for Syracuse; $400 total for 6-7 games.

They are always dumbfounded that it's so affordable. I get that it's a different product but for the life of me I don't know how it's not sold out let alone more popular. It's our favorite hobby.
Many people's only reference, especially the older folks, is what SU season tix used to cost. They have no awareness outside this box.

These are the same people that complain that Fair early admission price is now $8. Minnesota State Fair admission is double that. I'd personally double it myself to keep the rift raft out.

Many people's only reference, especially the older folks, is what SU season tix used to cost. They have no awareness outside this box.

These are the same people that complain that Fair early admission price is now $8. Minnesota State Fair admission is double that. I'd personally double it myself to keep the rift raft out.
Fairs and rift raft go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Your siblings are the exact people I was talking about previously, the area is rampant with them and have been for years and years. It's not even really apathy that keeps them away, it's that they don't even consider going to the game. When you ask people like that if they plan on going to a game they give you a look as if you asked them if their going to take a cross country road trip. It just doesn't occur to them that actually attending in person is even an option.
100% and some of them are sports fans, even follow college football somewhat as well. Syracuse would need to start 2-0 for 50% of these people to think about heading to a game.

In Ithaca, people talk Cornell, Cortland, IC football and go to some games but rarely seems Syracuse. Ithaca likes their lacrosse though

I think you could argue that some people with in the Syracuse community were spoiled by this and why they don’t buy tickets.

They expect Cuse to give them the tickets for free.

This further emphasizes the point of why they will no longer be giving out free tickets
The tickets would be for elementary or Jr high students for one game.
If season ticket holders have issues with giving tickets to kids to build the future fan base I think it’s short sighted.
I have season tickets and have no problem with unused tickets going to school kids.
They will spend money at the dome and start to become fans.
Not suggesting having an open call for anyone that want tickets to show up to the dome.

I think you could argue that some people with in the Syracuse community were spoiled by this and why they don’t buy tickets.

They expect Cuse to give them the tickets for free.

This further emphasizes the point of why they will no longer be giving out free tickets

The only time I specifically remember this was the 2009 opener, Marrone's first game, against Minnesota. They essentially just started slinging free tickets at the NYS Fair like they were blackjack dealers.

It worked, the place was basically full, and because people weren't used to the time it takes to get in the building on a 49k day, many of them didn't have to be in their seats for our snap over Paulus' head on the first play of the season.

Might have been other times we've done it, perhaps at a smaller scale, but that one I recall was very large scale.

Set up a booth at the State Fair - which opened today, BTW. Sell tix to people there. Those people have already visited the Fair. But if they’re new to SU football, you have to give them an incentive.

Set up a booth at the State Fair - which opened today, BTW. Sell tix to people there. Those people have already visited the Fair. But if they’re new to SU football, you have to give them an incentive.

Syracuse won't sell tickets at outside events, I've been suggesting they sell at the fair and other places for years and years. It's a decision that is baffling to me.

Syracuse won't sell tickets at outside events, I've been suggesting they sell at the fair and other places for years and years. It's a decision that is baffling to me.
They were doing it for years though. Not sure when they stopped selling there.

Used to have the cheerleaders there as well. Maybe all pre-covid?

just like they had stuff at destiny for several years to buy tickets.

At least at the fair have someone from marketing or ticketing to answer questions and push it a bit.

Shoot. Give people here a couple free tickets pay for parking and we could do 4 hr shifts. only take about 10-15 people to cover the whole fair.

They were doing it for years though. Not sure when they stopped selling there.

Used to have the cheerleaders there as well. Maybe all pre-covid?

just like they had stuff at destiny for several years to buy tickets.

At least at the fair have someone from marketing or ticketing to answer questions and push it a bit.

Shoot. Give people here a couple free tickets pay for parking and we could do 4 hr shifts. only take about 10-15 people to cover the whole fair.

They had a booth at the fair promoting SU and would occasionally give out tickets but you couldn't buy them from SU at the fair. There is some sort of issue about taking payments off campus or something. It's very convoluted.

Question for everyone...how is it that there is a huge cluster of resale tickets for sale in section 250, when I wasn't allowed to renew season tickets in 250? Maddening
THIS

I couldn't renew in 250 as well and I see them in resale

They had a booth at the fair promoting SU and would occasionally give out tickets but you couldn't buy them from SU at the fair. There is some sort of issue about taking payments off campus or something. It's very convoluted.

Don’t think I can agree with this. I’m pretty sure in years past they sold tix at the Fair. It was near one of the TV station setups. And I know at my work they’d have a table set up in the cafeteria for a few days preseason selling tix. Was a while ago though and I never bought any since I had seasons. So it is possible if you’re right about off campus payments that people selected tix but then had to call the Dome to pay.

Don’t think I can agree with this. I’m pretty sure in years past they sold tix at the Fair. It was near one of the TV station setups. And I know at my work they’d have a table set up in the cafeteria for a few days preseason selling tix. Was a while ago though and I never bought any since I had seasons. So it is possible if you’re right about off campus payments that people selected tix but then had to call the Dome to pay.

They did do outside ticket sales for companies or they would give them a block to sell, that definitely happened at a few local places. However, I am not aware of them every allowing direct sales at outside events where SU would have a presence be it the Fair or Taste of Syracuse etc.

You could buy at the kiosk at Destiny when that was there. but it was thru a kiosk. But there may be some crazy tax law that makes it hard

100% and some of them are sports fans, even follow college football somewhat as well. Syracuse would need to start 2-0 for 50% of these people to think about heading to a game.

In Ithaca, people talk Cornell, Cortland, IC football and go to some games but rarely seems Syracuse. Ithaca likes their lacrosse though
My brother will drive out to Buffalo for Bills games but doesn't go to the Dome. My brother-in-law and nephews will go down to NYC a few times a year for Yankee games but rarely go to any SU games. Living in the south turned me into a college football junkie. I can watch it all day. The pros? Meh, I'll watch a little. Up north there, it is the opposite. People prefer pro sports. I'd 100% have season tickets for SU football if I lived up there.

The tickets would be for elementary or Jr high students for one game.
If season ticket holders have issues with giving tickets to kids to build the future fan base I think it’s short sighted.
I have season tickets and have no problem with unused tickets going to school kids.
They will spend money at the dome and start to become fans.
Not suggesting having an open call for anyone that want tickets to show up to the dome.
Going to games when I was a teen at Archbold made me a lifetime fan. That was over 60 years ago.
Get the kids when they are young and build the fan base for the future.
A lot of us are getting older, and we need youngsters to eventually take our place.

My brother will drive out to Buffalo for Bills games but doesn't go to the Dome. My brother-in-law and nephews will go down to NYC a few times a year for Yankee games but rarely go to any SU games. Living in the south turned me into a college football junkie. I can watch it all day. The pros? Meh, I'll watch a little. Up north there, it is the opposite. People prefer pro sports. I'd 100% have season tickets for SU football if I lived up there.
Buy a pair of $200 tix. Come up for 1 or 2 games. Sell the rest...or maybe even give your brother a pair. Have him come to our tailgate...we'll infect him with the Cuse bug