Ohio Bobcats (Week 1) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Bobcats (Week 1)

We really shouldn't be "happy" with 3-1. We may expect 3-1, we may accept 3-1, but we shouldn't be happy with 3-1.

The way this program constantly lowers the bar of expectations is breathtaking.

Liberty will probably be top 25 at the time and Cuse won't. So...3-1 works for me.

We really shouldn't be "happy" with 3-1. We may expect 3-1, we may accept 3-1, but we shouldn't be happy with 3-1.

This has been the conversation here since I joined in Marrone’s final year. I can’t remember a year where we felt 4-0 OOC was a reasonable expectation.

It’s less a lowering of the bar and more of a yearning for the 90s era

This has been the conversation here since I joined in Marrone’s final year. I can’t remember a year where we felt 4-0 OOC was a reasonable expectation.

We felt that way in 2019.

Oops.

To be fair a bunch of those years we over scheduled

Dont forget Liberty was beating Ncstate all game. Lost at the end by 1 point. With that said I still think we can beat them.
Well I don't actually care about NC State, so there was never anything to forget.

We can thank Daryl and Herm Frazier for thinking it was wise to schedule like we were a MAC team that needed paydays to survive.

Well I don't actually care about NC State, so there was never anything to forget.
Oh. Ok you are on some fanboy hate against NC state. That wasn’t my focus but go ahead. Do your thing. Lol

4-0 nonconference record. No excuses.

Its friggin Ohio, Rutgers at home, Albany, and Liberty.

We should always be good enough to go 4-0 against that.
We will be underdogs vs Liberty, who was 10-1 last year, including Ws against SU, Southern Miss., VaTech, and #12 Coastal Carolina.

Dont forget Liberty was beating Ncstate all game. Lost at the end by 1 point. With that said I still think we can beat them.
last year we had at the time we played no idea how to run the D. guys were still out of position many times a game.. the score was 21-14 at the half and we have up to 2 long runs on pretty simple plays.

we scored
next drive we were at the 30 and didnt score because we took a sack
punted
then we started at the 13 and didnt score after failed 4th and 1 from the 5.
then we scored again so its 14-14.. just decent oline play we are up 24-14. here
then we give up another long run for TD and never really got back in the game

we had a game where our starting running back ran for 5 yds a carry gained 111 yds and we had a team net of 97..

2 long runs for 130 yds so on the other 46 runs they gained 200 4 yds a carry thats livable.

Liberty will probably be top 25 at the time and Cuse won't. So...3-1 works for me.
We need to start beating some top 25 teams once in a while to be where we need to get this program to. If Liberty needs to go down to start making this happen, so be it. I think our team has enough talent to win some of these games. Looking forward to a season where our qb does not have to run for his life on every passing play beyond the bubble screen.