Ohio Bobcats (Week 1) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Bobcats (Week 1)

We need to start beating some top 25 teams once in a while to be where we need to get this program to. If Liberty needs to go down to start making this happen, so be it. I think our team has enough talent to win some of these games. Looking forward to a season where our qb does not have to run for his life on every passing play beyond the bubble screen.
You mean like when we beat VPI and Clemson?

Knowing basically nothing, I'd go

4-0, 10%
3-1, 25%
2-2, 40%,
1-3, 20%
0-4, 5%
0% chance we go 0-4.

I do think it’s somewhat more likely we go 2-2 or worse than we go 3-1 or better. I’m usually filled with optimism this time of year, but I’m not feeling it at all.

last year we had at the time we played no idea how to run the D. guys were still out of position many times a game.. the score was 21-14 at the half and we have up to 2 long runs on pretty simple plays.

we scored
next drive we were at the 30 and didnt score because we took a sack
punted
then we started at the 13 and didnt score after failed 4th and 1 from the 5.
then we scored again so its 14-14.. just decent oline play we are up 24-14. here
then we give up another long run for TD and never really got back in the game

we had a game where our starting running back ran for 5 yds a carry gained 111 yds and we had a team net of 97..

2 long runs for 130 yds so on the other 46 runs they gained 200 4 yds a carry thats livable.
Great way to look at it. It’s also a positive outlook instead of the typical we can’t do this and that. It will be much tougher to beat us at home this year.

Great way to look at it. It’s also a positive outlook instead of the typical we can’t do this and that. It will be much tougher to beat us at home this year.
Yeah, last year felt like a “if we had fans in attendance” and “if we had camp” the gap would have been closed a lot with that team/game in particular

Yeah, last year felt like a “if we had fans in attendance” and “if we had camp” the gap would have been closed a lot with that team/game in particular
I just feel differently about this season because of all the football things. The things that actually matter. Don’t get me wrong crowds help but we all know that’s not the determining factor.

I just feel differently about this season because of all the football things. The things that actually matter. Don’t get me wrong crowds help but we all know that’s not the determining factor.
Yeah, I’m not saying that it’s a determining factor - just that it felt like in that game and our game vs NC State, we could have used a thunderous home crowd

Yeah, I’m not saying that it’s a determining factor - just that it felt like in that game and our game vs NC State, we could have used a thunderous home crowd
Oh, ok gotcha. You are right

We’re back to the only team that faced Covid last year. At least discussing the Oline and being a young team are reasonable excuses.

There’s one thing I know. I have absolutely zero idea what our record will be after the first 4. The only guarantee I can make is we won’t be 0-4. 1-3 I’ll be very surprised about but after 4 games I would also say, “I guess I’m not surprised”. I can’t imagine with so many unknowns we’ll be 4-0 but I also think there’s talent. Back to, who the hell knows….. except 0-4 isn’t happening.

There’s one thing I know. I have absolutely zero idea what our record will be after the first 4. The only guarantee I can make is we won’t be 0-4. 1-3 I’ll be very surprised about but after 4 games I would also say, “I guess I’m not surprised”. I can’t imagine with so many unknowns we’ll be 4-0 but I also think there’s talent. Back to, who the hell knows….. except 0-4 isn’t happening.

If we are 0-4 Dino will have been fired.

I would even go as far as to say, if we are 0-3 Dino will be fired. He can not lose to Albany and keep his job.

With that being said, there is about a .01% chance that we lose to Albany

Apparently not because I just wrote that. Either that or you get a little flutter when I comment on your posts. It’s understandable.
Ha. Hell no. It confirmed my good decision