OJLL 2024 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

OJLL 2024

For those who didn't see the game, the Northmen led 7-4 after 1 and 17-8 after 2. Clearly with no day off between games for the first time, the D had tired legs.

for Orangeville:
Joey - the OJLL App says 7g, 6a though I think it was only 6g.
Trey 3g, 7a
Jake Spallina took almost all the faceoffs and won a high percent, maybe 2/3rds.

Also Liam Matthews (Penn St.) had 4g, 1a though I think it was 5g [maybe they gave one of his to Joey].

for Mimico:
Finn 2g, 2a
Jordan Vincent 2g

Joey wins MVP of the OJLL Playoffs and led the lead in points in the regular season

Orangeville goes to the Minto Cup playoffs of 4 team for the Canadan Junior A Championship.
Games are in Colquitlam, B.C., a suburb of Vancouver
Orangeville's first game is next Saturday at 4pm, I assume PT

Minto Cup website -- The 2024 Minto Cup

Footnote -- Game broadcast analyst Jon Donville (former Cornell and Maryland player (and Minto Cup winner and MVP with Orangeville)) twice called Gary Gait the greatest box lacrosse player of all-time. He was commenting on "who" taught the Cuse players to shoot BTB.

Last edited:
For those who didn't see the game, the Northmen led 7-4 after 1 and 17-8 after 2. Clearly with no day off between games for the first time, the D had tired legs.

for Orangeville:
Joey - the OJLL App says 7g, 6a though I think it was only 6g.
Trey 3g, 7a
Jake Spallina took almost all the faceoffs and won a high percent, maybe 2/3rds.

Also Liam Matthews (Penn St.) had 4g, 1a though I think it was 5g [maybe they gave one of his to Joey].

for Mimico:
Finn 2g, 2a
Jordan Vincent 2g

Joey wins MVP of the OJLL Playoffs and led the lead in points in the regular season

Orangeville goes to the Minto Cup playoffs of 4 team for the Canadan Junior A Championship.
Games are in Colquitlam, B.C., a suburb of Vancouver
Orangeville's first game is next Saturday at 4pm, I assume PT

Minto Cup website -- The 2024 Minto Cup

Footnote -- Game broadcast analyst Jon Donville (former Cornell and Maryland player) twice called Gary Gait the greatest box lacrosse player of all-time.
Trey had a great game and could have had a few more goals

Documentary Video -- The Road to the Minto Cup. Produced by Junior Adanac TV (which I think is the Colquitlam, B.C. Jr A Team.)

Episode 1 -

Last edited:
Minto Cup on TV? It appears it will be broadcast by the Colquitlam Adanac Jr. A Team but unlike OJLL games it might be pay-per-view. TBD

For those asking about Donny Scott.. he’s in the second photo in plain clothes
No cast of any kind on his legs is a good sign. Hopefully just something small. The one thing about all these box games is the injury risk. Overall I think it certainly benefits to be playing at this level of intensity in the off-season, but the risk of injury playing these best of seven playoff games is pretty high. Donny Scott getting hurt two years in a row is not ideal.

No cast of any kind on his legs is a good sign. Hopefully just something small. The one thing about all these box games is the injury risk. Overall I think it certainly benefits to be playing at this level of intensity in the off-season, but the risk of injury playing these best of seven playoff games is pretty high. Donny Scott getting hurt two years in a row is not ideal.
He was listed as active for a couple of games in the finals although I don't think he played. So that's a positive sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom