Ok I will try to explain | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ok I will try to explain

5th in the country? How many attempts PER GAME do you need to have to make your list????
He did say percentage which is independent of the number of shots taken as long as you meet the minimum. Thats what a percentage means.

He did say percentage which is independent of the number of shots taken as long as you meet the minimum. Thats what a percentage means.

Really? Elaborate please.

I want to know in what world of excessive minimum three points attempted per game can Buddy be in the top 5 nationally in percentage. Easy question, because unless you run it up to about his attempts per game, 40% is not hitting that mark.

i know he entered the game leading syracuse in field goal attempts.

From what I have been told Buddy is one of those “ Were locking up you have to leave the gym type kids” self motivated. So he doesn’t get the same treatment as others, same as JGIII. I have seen clear improvement from our front line players Dolejez, Sidebe and Guerrier. So maybe JB has a reason for it all .

I mean, just be ok with a little favortism, its natural. But dont be ignorant.
I don’t know if you’ve ever worked for your dad but when I did he was 8x tougher on me than anyone else. Maybe Jim B isn’t the same way with Buddy but many fathers will be harder on their sons than other people.

You avoiding the question.

Agree buddy prob shouldnt come off floor but we all just want to here jb say buddy was bad and needs to play better.

Honest question, why do you want to hear Jim say that Buddy played bad?

Coaches almost never call out players for missing jump shots, they understand that sometimes the shots fall and sometimes they don't.

You generally get called out for not following a game plan (for instance if a player shoots a shot they are not suppose to take) or if your effort is not high enough.

If Buddy is shooting the kinds of shots we want him to take and is giving his all on D (which seems like the case to me), then no coach on earth would call him out for having a bad game.

well within the top 1% ... rare f^(king air for the young soph who so many thought wouldn't make it as a d1 player

Nobody can just have an honest discussion about this kid...all these things have to be prefaced by insanely exaggerated narratives.

Maybe the bottom 1% of posters thought he couldn't make it as a D1 player.
Maybe somewhere around 50% or so thought he couldn't make it as a P5 player.
Maybe 0% thought he couldn't make it as a shooter in D1.

Top 1% of what? Everyone that's played this year?

Coaches almost never call out players for missing jump shots, they understand that sometimes the shots fall and sometimes they don't.

You generally get called out for not following a game plan (for instance if a player shoots a shot they are not suppose to take) or if your effort is not high enough.

If Buddy is shooting the kinds of shots we want him to take and is giving his all on D (which seems like the case to me), then no coach on earth would call him out for having a bad game.
He played poorly. If he plays ok we win. He needed to sit. If he had sat he might have played better. Personally i dont think that ANY leader should publicly criticize his players, employees. Its a weakness of Jims. Always has been and always will be.

JB is a hall of famer but also human. To say he can separate his feelings as a dad completely is ridiculous.

This is why I believe that unless Buddy was a superstar or a complete scrub, he shouldn't have come here. You're asking for trouble.

Its not his missed shots. I dont think he played with a lot of energy yesterday. To me, sometimes he doesnt get back on defense and doesnt hustle toward balls. He should be able to influence the game more than hitting jump shots, with his size.

And, jb rails into other players on a frequent basis, oftentimes unnecessarily, so id like to see his son treated the same way.

my criticism of Buddy is, yes shooters shoot... but for the love of god make better attempts at rebounding and distributing.

We can’t not play Buddy. He opens things up for everyone on the court, and Marek/Guerrier/Sidibe can’t figure out how to not foul.

Buddy badly needs to develop the other parts of his game outside of scoring, but anyone who thinks he should play less than 30+ mins a game isn’t being realistic.

Goodine’s not proven he can be in, with Joe, and be consistently productive.

my criticism of Buddy is, yes shooters shoot... but for the love of god make better attempts at rebounding and distributing.

We can’t not play Buddy. He opens things up for everyone on the court, and Marek/Guerrier/Sidibe can’t figure out how to not foul.

Buddy badly needs to develop the other parts of his game outside of scoring, but anyone who thinks he should play less than 30+ mins a game isn’t being realistic.

30 minutes seems about right. Goodine should get the other 10. Team did pretty good with him in there yesterday. Also I would like to see Buddy subbed out for defense in late game situations when we have the lead. Buddy is getting too much leeway just because he can shoot. Too many other weaknesses in his game. Could the late game wide open threes we give up be related to this? Probably to some extent.

Good post, Trueblue.