OK,Wilson or Long? | Syracusefan.com

OK,Wilson or Long?

CaliCuse

All American
As the QB coach he no doubt has a very strong opinion on this subject.as well as to how to best use him I don't think that Wilson has any more to show than what he showed earlier this year when Hunt got thrown out for his punching indecretion.

Shafer seemed to be saying he was gonna split time between the QBs, maybe to feel it out and see what they have at the position. I want Long. Mostly because he runs much better than Wilson.

I'm glad someone finally started a thread about this!

I'd rotate by play, by going all in Spurrier and have the QB send the play in, with himself, into the huddle. And then show pictures of Nell Carter and Don Rickles on the play board.

Got a chance to see Long play last year in HS and wasn't impressed, hopefully he's improved! That said, Wilson didn't look like he was ready to play Power 5 football either so let's give them both an equal chance and see who survives.

I'm leaning toward Long just because he is the unknown and is reputed to be the better runner. SU's QB needs to mobile. Wilson is likely better than he looked against Nova because he looked painfully slow running the ball. I don't have a lot of optimism left for this season so it might not be a bad thing for all 3 QB's to get a look. Maybe Kimble's a gamer? Next year is wide open for a young kid to win the job and hopefully Hunt will be back and be a quality backup.

It's just not in the kid's interest to burn AJ's rs at this point; he looks like he belongs in middle-school when compared to P5 athletes...
Platoon Wilson and Kimble against FSU and hope that one of them seizes the moment.
In my opinion, Austin is as mobile as a towed artillery piece, he will not fair well against the Seminole speed. And it's not like he has shown ultra accuracy either...
Mitch at least is more of a main battle tank in terms of gun strength and mobility.
I vote for Mitch Kimble.

As the QB coach he no doubt has a very strong opinion on this subject.as well as to how to best use him I don't think that Wilson has any more to show than what he showed earlier this year when Hunt got thrown out for his punching indecretion.
Clearly , Wilson showed all his abilities when he was thrown into a game with no prep or work with the first team. That's it for him , might as well transfer midseason.

Shafer seemed to be saying he was gonna split time between the QBs, maybe to feel it out and see what they have at the position. I want Long. Mostly because he runs much better than Wilson.
Its my hope he also passes better. If I had a say in things I might with Hunt to RB He has the size and enough speed to be a power back next year with AAM gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom