Okay...I have a silly question... | Syracusefan.com

Okay...I have a silly question...

Jake

Mod
Can we all agree that the most important thing is winning national championships? Especially teams / programs that are already rich?

If so, why would Texas and Oklahoma invite FSU and Clemson into their "the winner of our annual game goes to the national semifinals" conference?

Seems counterintuitive to me.

Maybe they feel the need to weaken the ACC for football since those 2 conferences are vying for the 4th playoff spot and also adding those 2 would jump them past the PAC 12 for the 3rd best conference?

Maybe they feel the need to weaken the ACC for football since those 2 conferences are vying for the 4th playoff spot and also adding those 2 would jump them past the PAC 12 for the 3rd best conference?

The combination of OU and UT makes them the 3rd best conference as it is. OU, UT, OSU, TCU, a rising Baylor, KSU and WVU are far and away above USC, Oregon and Stanford (which will probably drop back down to earth in a year or two). The Big 12 has 7 legit top 25 teams out of 10.

Probably a few factors but one can't discount the importance of either ego or group think.

It means more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in their pockets to wipe their tears with in years they don't win a National Title!

Can we all agree that the most important thing is winning national championships? Especially teams / programs that are already rich?

If so, why would Texas and Oklahoma invite FSU and Clemson into their "the winner of our annual game goes to the national semifinals" conference?

Texas is going to have to win more than 7-8 games before they start worrying about NCs again.

Well, since Okie State was champion during the first single division season last season, maybe UT and OU discovered that they'd prefer to configure a two-division conference and settle for a sure "the winner of our annual game goes to the national quarterfinals" (i.e., conference championship game) instead of banking on first place in the regular season.

Texas AD just said the same thing. Stop bringing sense to the discussion. College football hates that.

They have become the Florida State of the B12.

This is the most-excellent post of the day. Gold star!

goodcolr.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom