Okay so the Judah play? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Okay so the Judah play?

Curious what is the reason NBA scouts are looking at him for then? Certainly not his shooting

NBA scouts look at literally thousands of players. Literally. Its their job.

Seriously?

Show me a legit mock that has him going.

And, again, we *need* him to stick in the nba for recruiting. I want him to stick.

Show me a legit mock where he’s going or even a team that would take him. Honestly.

San Antonio? Utah? Look at how many PGs or combo guards are already ranked ahead of him in this draft class, one of the worst… ever.

" in telling youvwe wouldn't win 10 games without Judah, not 10 F...ing games" JB:)
yeah well we've won zero NCAAT games with him.
And that appears to continue this year.

Was autry watching in horror between his fingers instead on forming a T with said fingers?

Should've called timeout when minutes started that adventure and then spend the whole timeout explaining to him just how dumb it was
You can’t call a timeout in the middle of the action with a player driving towards the basket.

Third in the league in scoring, third in assists on an offensively challenged team, second in steals. And we’d be better without him? Unbelievable comments in this thread.
Absolutely has aspects of his game that need maturity and work. Terrible decision on the play in question. But let’s be serious. This is a To 75ish level recruit who has been the best player on the team for two years and arguably the best lead guard we have had in ten.
And to those bemoaning that he isn’t a “pure point guard” get your head out of the eighties and in tune with how basketball is played today. The strict roles 1-5 are not part of the game with players that have much broader skill sets than Bob Cousy.
I’m personally not saying we would be better without him. But like others have said, he hasn’t made the leap I was hoping. The numbers look good much of the time. But I also see a player constantly cheating on d and putting his team in 4v5 spots. Not to mention when the foul calls aren’t made, same 4v5 story when he’s on the ground.

In terms of next steps for him— he’s got to be less erratic on both sides and needs a better 3pt shot, both in form and %.

I’m personally not saying we would be better without him. But like others have said, he hasn’t made the leap I was hoping. The numbers look good much of the time. But I also see a player constantly cheating on d and putting his team in 4v5 spots. Not to mention when the foul calls aren’t made, same 4v5 story when he’s on the ground.

In terms of next steps for him— he’s got to be less erratic on both sides and needs a better 3pt shot, both in form and %.

You expect someone that has AA potential as a lead guard to get his team into the tournament. I don't think that's too much to ask. Not asking for a protected seed or anything.

No one is saying he isn't talented. No one is saying he hasn't had some great games and will usually get us points.

But he's taking us out of games with the way he plays at times and his defense is sporadic, at best.

Finally, Maliq is our best player, period. End of story. Judah is our most talented. Those are two different things.

He is obviously capable of playing good D but choose to not do so on every play.

Does he have the court vision and BB IQ to be a point guard? Does he do this 1 against 5 drive into traffic hunting for foul instead of finding the open man because he *THINKS* so less of his teammates shooting ability and genuinely think he has the best chance in scoring via FTs? Is it the lack of ability or selfish? He had a game where he had 10X assists I think. How much of it is AA trying to be nice and not want to upset the chemistry in the day of NIL and portal? If so AA needs to adjust because there is no way one can play a team game if he can't make tough decisions. He said he would rather play walkons if the players can't play the right way with effort, then do it, send in the walkons.

We don’t have anyone that’s good with the ball. Q is a good passer but is out of control often with the ball; JJ doesn’t have a tight handle at all. That pretty much only leaves Judah
I get what you're saying but I'll stick with Copeland. The good far outweighs the bad.

Not many guys have to come to grips with testing the NBA waters then coming back for another year and then doing the same thing a year later only to find out they’re in much worse shape for the league.

There’s no way he’s not aware that his draft stock has plummeted and with how the season is shaping up it’s not looking to get better. That would weigh heavily on anyone.

I’m not saying it’s ok. Just saying that he’s got some major self reflection to do and that’s not so easy to do playing league games every 3 days in Feb.
Yeah, that must be super difficult to deal with, seeing your dream move further away from you. I think for any player it would be tough to be that close to the draft and then have to come back to the college game while the player sees themself as an nba player. The thing about Mintz though is that in my eyes, he isn't an nba player, although I hope he proves me wrong.

Wonder where he got that from.
Grandpa?

When Judah got stuck what he tried to do at the last second was dump it to Brown but the pass was too late, too hard and right at his face and sailed away.
Because like Seth Greenberg pointed out the other night, he usually has his mind set on what he wants to do as he drives the lane. Like you said, as a result, he got stuck and the dump off to Brown was too late.

I get what you're saying but I'll stick with Copeland. The good far outweighs the bad.

Yeah, that must be super difficult to deal with, seeing your dream move further away from you. I think for any player it would be tough to be that close to the draft and then have to come back to the college game while the player sees themself as an nba player. The thing about Mintz though is that in my eyes, he isn't an nba player, although I hope he proves me wrong.

Grandpa?

Because like Seth Greenberg pointed out the other night, he usually has his mind set on what he wants to do as he drives the lane. Like you said, as a result, he got stuck and the dump off to Brown was too late.

Re dealing with the draft, totally agree and see how that could be awful. This draft is looking to be the worst since 2013 and he isn't showing up on any first round mocks that matter and not even some second rounds.

It would be impossible not to notice that and I'm sure it's weighing on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom