Okay so the Judah play? | Syracusefan.com

Okay so the Judah play?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
So other than the "he's a selfish, point counting, ball hog"....what would be an explanation for making that play? Did he not know the score? How much time was left? I just can't think of what would be going thru the head of a guy who has played thousands of hours of basketball other than he's a selfish...

So other than the "he's a selfish, point counting, ball hog"...what would be an explanation for making that play? Did he not know the score? How much time was left? I just can't think of what would be going thru the head of a guy who has played thousands of hours of basketball other than he's a selfish...
It was the dumbest thing I've seen all year and I have been sitting through a hundred 7th grade boys and 4th grade girls games

I hate to say it, but I don’t think we’ll miss a beat with him gone. Quadir is a better penetrator. Both can’t shoot. I actually trust QC hitting a shot before JM. That slow loaded line drive shot is looking worse and worse. And NEVER has a chance of going in anymore.

So other than the "he's a selfish, point counting, ball hog"...what would be an explanation for making that play? Did he not know the score? How much time was left? I just can't think of what would be going thru the head of a guy who has played thousands of hours of basketball other than he's a selfish...
It was a really dumb play, but if it was truly selfish he would have shot it.

More confidence in the pass / dunk than his foul shooting?

More confidence in the pass / dunk than his foul shooting?
I was thinking that too in a glass half full moment. However, I think he's a point counter and I think Bell is too if he knew he was a 3 short of 30 as was quoted in the paper.

In a game of head scratching plays that one just makes absolutely no sense and I can't wrap my mind around it without falling back to something that is not positive.

I wonder how the previous coach would have handled that?

I wonder how the previous coach would have handled that?
College Basketball What GIF by NCAA March Madness

How about--he melts down in late-game clutch situations? Remember last season at Miami and vs. UNC.

There is an argument to be made that even if he were all alone on a break with no defenders that he should dribble it to a corner , kill more clock .. and wait to get fouled .

The idea that you would drive at a well positioned defender is rather insane

There is an argument to be made that even if he were all alone on a break with no defenders that he should dribble it to a corner , kill more clock .. and wait to get fouled .

The idea that you would drive at a well positioned defender is rather insane
Especially when his entire game is getting fouled. The one time he wouldn't have to throw himself on the floor, he still does it the hard way

Was autry watching in horror between his fingers instead on forming a T with said fingers?

Should've called timeout when minutes started that adventure and then spend the whole timeout explaining to him just how dumb it was

He’s overrated.

How about--he melts down in late-game clutch situations? Remember last season at Miami and vs. UNC.
I defended him after those games because he was young and “failing forward.” Now I wish he would have gone pro.

I defended him after those games because he was young and “failing forward.” Now I wish he would have gone pro.
imo Copeland should see major time at PG now. I am 10x more comfortable with the ball in his hands. not perfect but he improves, Judah simply does not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom