@Oklahoma | Syracusefan.com

@Oklahoma

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
is what Garcia is hearing.

They already have their schedule posted on their website. 12 games. No idea how we are still planning on doing this.

Oklahoma can buy the Florida a&m game. They've been looking for northeastern exposure.

So Oklahoma's schedule is full, but rather than try to work something out to get a true home game, we are trying to persuade them to buy out a scheduled game so we can go on the road to play them?

yea as much as this is exciting/ a lil suicidal... only 5 legit home games would be disappointing and two would be the first 3 weeks of season

This is idiotic if true I mean idiotic is beign nice this would be one of the dumbest decisions ever made on the Hill in regard to scheduling.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021512aaa.html

oklahomaq.png

Oklahoma can buy the Florida a&m game. They've been looking for northeastern exposure.

Anyone smelling return game at the Meadowlands?

If Dr. Gross signs us up for the @ss kicking in Norman next year he BETTER get a game in the Dome. I am not a CNY local or have any connection other than SU to the community but if TGD "sells" out our home fanbase for another game in Metlife I will not renew my 4 season ticket I have for football. I don't make it to many games and end up giving away my tickets, but TGD BETTER NOT sellout an Oklahoma game. I am okay with USC because of the payday but NO MORE other than Notre Dame.

Im with Alsacs, im about ready to give up on this program, from the parking fiasco to the Meadowlands games, and now we have a young team who needs a bowl game to avoid another 3-4 year rebuilding job and now were gonna sched a game at Norman? F*cken Stupid

The Troy Nunes site said North Texas was available, wouldn't they have been a better fit? SU needs to win, not get blown out by a top 10 team. Especially with USC on the schedule. I get wanting to travel and play some "real" teams; I don't get sacrificing an entire season to get that game. You're looking for any way to get seven wins ... the current schedule says Northwestern, @Minnesota, Stony Brook, USC, then the Big East. Now I'm of the opinion that they could just as easily beat all six Big East schools instead of losing to them like they did last year, but I'm not counting on it. They get four wins, great. Five, including Stony Brook. So they need one more (minimum) from USC, @Minnesota, Northwestern, and the unknown team. Seems to me you go a scrape the bottom of the barrel for any BCS team you can find and fit them in. That game might determine a bowl berth, so why add a trip to Oklahoma?

Kev

... We may have the best OOC SOS in FBS if this turns out to be true. I like the attitude that we will play anyone but, with a young and developing team seems like suicide. Could be look at 56-1o like game. Landry throwing all over the yard.

The Troy Nunes site said North Texas was available, wouldn't they have been a better fit? SU needs to win, not get blown out by a top 10 team. Especially with USC on the schedule. I get wanting to travel and play some "real" teams; I don't get sacrificing an entire season to get that game. You're looking for any way to get seven wins ... the current schedule says Northwestern, @Minnesota, Stony Brook, USC, then the Big East. Now I'm of the opinion that they could just as easily beat all six Big East schools instead of losing to them like they did last year, but I'm not counting on it. They get four wins, great. Five, including Stony Brook. So they need one more (minimum) from USC, @Minnesota, Northwestern, and the unknown team. Seems to me you go a scrape the bottom of the barrel for any BCS team you can find and fit them in. That game might determine a bowl berth, so why add a trip to Oklahoma?

Kev
We need to add two games. Scheduling Oklahoma and USC in the same season won't be the end of the world. Especially not when we have a guaranteed win against Stony Brook and at least a 50/50 shot in all the remaining games. What if this team goes 10-2? Would you all still be complaining about Oklahoma? "Oh well if we didn't have USC and OU on the schedule then we would have went undefeated, and would be playing for the national championship." Please, one game does not make or break the entire season, especially if it is in SEPTEMBER. I'd be more worried about the conference schedule right now.

The Big East schedule without WVU doesn't look very appealing. I understand not wanting another road game, but if the options are playing Oklahoma (at Norman) or playing (and paying) another FCS team, I'll take my shot at the Sooners.

Im with Alsacs, im about ready to give up on this program, from the parking fiasco to the Meadowlands games, and now we have a young team who needs a bowl game to avoid another 3-4 year rebuilding job and now were gonna sched a game at Norman? F*cken Stupid

Scheduling a game at Oklahoma isn't worth giving up on the program. If the return game is in NYC, I can see why local season ticket holders might be annoyed to the point of giving up tickets.

I obviously don't think at Oklahoma, and USC in NYC is scheduling for success. But if it's true, I'll be glad we're not playing two FCS games, and be glad to know we never will again. Not the kind of success I want. The rest of the schedule really isn't that bad. We lost the two toughest Big East games (WVU and TCU). Northwestern loses much of their offense and they're not exactly a reloading Big 10 type. Minny hasn't been very good. Conference schedule, no matter how bad we looked against it in 2011, isn't all that daunting.

We already have our one FCS win. So we start the season 1-2 and we need to go 5-4 the rest of the way to make a bowl. Bottom line is that we need to win more Big East games and we probably need to win one of the two Big 10 games (that should be an expectation anyway for a bowl team). If we can't find 6 wins there, then we probably have more to worry about than how hard our 2 toughest games were.

Cannot rebuild the program without rebuilding the dome and moving games like USC, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma to NYC on a consistent basis is a slap in the face to fans that are dealing with raising ticket prices for Stony Brook. I am a huge supporter of playing football games in NYC on an annual basis but their must be a balance. The USC deal was crap but it was good money for the program during a down period, Notre Dame is Notre Dame I guess, Penn State was the way it should be H-N-A. It would be unfortunate if this is being managed by the Meadowlands to bring Oklahoma to NYC with no real return game for Syracuse.

Scheduling a game at Oklahoma isn't worth giving up on the program. If the return game is in NYC, I can see why local season ticket holders might be annoyed to the point of giving up tickets.

I obviously don't think at Oklahoma, and USC in NYC is scheduling for success. But if it's true, I'll be glad we're not playing two FCS games, and be glad to know we never will again. Not the kind of success I want. The rest of the schedule really isn't that bad. We lost the two toughest Big East games (WVU and TCU). Northwestern loses much of their offense and they're not exactly a reloading Big 10 type. Minny hasn't been very good. Conference schedule, no matter how bad we looked against it in 2011, isn't all that daunting.

We already have our one FCS win. So we start the season 1-2 and we need to go 5-4 the rest of the way to make a bowl. Bottom line is that we need to win more Big East games and we probably need to win one of the two Big 10 games (that should be an expectation anyway for a bowl team). If we can't find 6 wins there, then we probably have more to worry about than how hard our 2 toughest games were.

Yeah.

At Norman isn't ideal, but let's be real, the Big East in 2012 sucks. We're not competing for a national title, or a good bowl game. We're trying to claw our way to 6 wins. We already have 1 against Stony Brook. So that's 5 out if 11 we'll need. We would have had to go to Morgantown and probably Ft. Worth next season, so taking a beating in Oklahoma ain't really the end of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom