Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Shy came home from track practice said he threw the shot put 45 feet personal best. And ran a 30 meter in 3.9. I did some calculations off some time lapsed film I have of him running at sparq miami Cuse camp and Rhode Island he should be running the 40 in sub 4.5 time. I guess this work out is helping his track numbers.

Shy came home from track practice said he threw the shot put 45 feet personal best. And ran a 30 meter in 3.9. I did some calculations off some time lapsed film I have of him running at sparq miami Cuse camp and Rhode Island he should be running the 40 in sub 4.5 time. I guess this work out is helping his track numbers.

Shy, Duerig and Adams are going to make a heck of a Shot Put team for SU.;)

Read an interesting article today on scholarships. I had no idea we would be paying the tax bill on this one... Can't wait till next February

Yeah pretty much what is outlined there. As long as he gets his degree it's not taxed. Room and board and the money they will be given for living expenses will be taxed. The story I read said he paid 2350 for his tax liability

I !@#$ing hate the IRS. Anyone working for that infernal institution ought to be drawn and quartered.

as a CPA, I hate the tax code as much as anyone else. My gripe is with Congress. they're the ones who created this nightmare and could get us out of it, if they really wanted to. IRS are just the code police.

My opinion is driven, though, somewhat by the fact that I don't make my living off doing people's taxes. I'm sure it might be different, otherwise.

http://.com/cullen-and-henderson-should-have-early-chance-to-shine/

Weighed in this morning at 214... That's the heaviest he hAs ever been. Running miles at track everyday and his throwing and short run times keep improving. I would say his overall workout plan that is now including a trainer specificly working on conditioning and heart rate... He is in the best shape of his life

Bambrewer said:
Weighed in this morning at 214... That's the heaviest he hAs ever been. Running miles at track everyday and his throwing and short run times keep improving. I would say his overall workout plan that is now including a trainer specificly working on conditioning and heart rate... He is in the best shape of his life

That is scary. The kid is a machine.

terminator-reboot-genesis-images.jpg

In my mind this is what Shy will look like before he gets to Cuse.

What a great time we had. I'm not even going to try and type the whole thing out on my phone so mknday when I get to work I will give you guys all the details on the banquet the game and everything else. We got a chance to meet a lot of people from the forum and from Twitter which was great it was very nice to meet all the people who car over too say hi.

What a great time we had. I'm not even going to try and type the whole thing out on my phone so mknday when I get to work I will give you guys all the details on the banquet the game and everything else. We got a chance to meet a lot of people from the forum and from Twitter which was great it was very nice to meet all the people who car over too say hi.
So nice to meet you and briefly meet Shy. Great you could make it and it was a good experience. Looking forward to the full report.

Ok so it looks like I have nothing to do till 3 pm today so I will type this on my phone. Excuse any mistakes. So shy and I headed up like 10 am got to the hotel around 3. Checked in and went upstairs. I made the mistake of not checking what he packed before we left so I said to him what did you bring to wear tonite... At which time he pulled out a very nice t shirt. I was like your kidding right? Nope. So I said we have to leave early and go over the mall. Head to the mall and pick out a very nice polo shirt for the business casual dinner... Yeah right second mistake. Anyone who follows my Twitter will already know how mortified I was who shy and I showed up to the business casual dinner in polo shirts to find everyone dressed in shirts and ties. I wanted to die. So we head into the manely field that was transformed into a stage and white table cloth banquet hall for 580. We had a very nice time sat with marquis blair and his mom ... I asked he said school is still on track for on time arrival. Also at our table was Reilly Dixon who I managed to insult right off the bat. He came over and was talking to shy and I heard him say something about a recruit... Not realizing it was him I said oh are you a 2016 recruit? He said no I'm a senior. Oops. Hey he looks really young. I asked him a few questions and talked with his dad a lot. Nice people. We got to talk a lot to cam lynch and Davis they were sitting next to us with coach Lea and family. Got to meet Kelley and family trey camE over . Talked with them for a bit.

They had some food in the back and a bar that I never got to... Was too embarressed to be seen under dressed. Spoke with coach Bullough for a bit. Dinner was a nice salad with Oranges then an orange glazed chicken with carrots and rice. Dessert was an orange chocolate cake... See a pattern there? After eating they played the highlight video for the season and they had mr ensley come speak. He was telling the stories of how he came to syracuse and about getting on all the sports teams he played... No wonder they named the ipf after him what an athlete. Then they did the player awards. The Coachs spoke about all the seniors getting awards and gave a story of why that got the award. After that coach Shafer came up and tha hanker everyone... Had I known the ad former ad and chancellor were sitting 2 tables away I would have switched seats and done some 44 talking. After we headed over to the hotel.

The next day we got up and ate them headed over to the dome. Again for those who follow my Twitter already know I made the mistake of following the sign on the highway for dome parking and got very lost. We went to some parts of the city they skip on the tour syracuse gives. There is some bad places in that city. Finally I figured it out and got to the dome. Went in and the lacross game was just getting started. Had a lot of Twitter friends and people from the board come over and say hi and they got to meet shy. It was great at one point I was sitting with sam clausmans mom and she said are you from around here I said no biston and she said how do you know all these people? I told her about Twitter and the forum and she said yeah but it's like you have known them for years. I told her I could probably tell her more about her son than she wants to know. As a matter of fact at one point she was talking about his commitment date and I corrected her she thought that was funny. Shy wound up ditching me to go hang with the 15 kids around the start of the game Bailey came over and said hi. I wound up watching most of te game with money which was great because we were sitting right behind the 16 kids and he knew a lot of them and lot about them. Madei was sitting a row in front of us with some kids he was working with. We watched the game it was pretty good I'm sure judging from a lot of Twitter posts a lot of you were less than thrilled with what they saw. Keep in mjnd new offense and they are missing 25 of next years players. Things will be good. After the game we went down on the field and met the players and met some more forum and Twitter people. The coaches had headed over to manely so we went over there. I got to speak to most of the coaches once again which was good. I forgot to mention shiriki has taken a new job as linebackers coach at colgate... Coach Shafer announced that in his speech. Coach Lea looked super bummed. I grabbed sheik over at manely and congratulated him then yelled at him for leaving before shy got to work with him. He said he was really looking forward to working with shy and was disappointed to be moving on but it was such a great opportunity for him he had to. He said shy looked great and they said he is way ahead of most of the kids coming in at work outs and conditioning. All the coaches the we met said shy was in phenomal shape and were really happy with his size. I met a couple of the 16 kids and talked up the place they all said they loved the staff and the school said they had a great time. I spent some time talking robert washjngton and expressed the fans hope for them to get this done at all costs. After that we headed home. It was a great time all around.

Ok so it looks like I have nothing to do till 3 pm today so I will type this on my phone. Excuse any mistakes. So shy and I headed up like 10 am got to the hotel around 3. Checked in and went upstairs. I made the mistake of not checking what he packed before we left so I said to him what did you bring to wear tonite... At which time he pulled out a very nice t shirt. I was like your kidding right? Nope. So I said we have to leave early and go over the mall. Head to the mall and pick out a very nice polo shirt for the business casual dinner... Yeah right second mistake. Anyone who follows my Twitter will already know how mortified I was who shy and I showed up to the business casual dinner in polo shirts to find everyone dressed in shirts and ties. I wanted to die. So we head into the manely field that was transformed into a stage and white table cloth banquet hall for 580. We had a very nice time sat with marquis blair and his mom ... I asked he said school is still on track for on time arrival. Also at our table was Reilly Dixon who I managed to insult right off the bat. He came over and was talking to shy and I heard him say something about a recruit... Not realizing it was him I said oh are you a 2016 recruit? He said no I'm a senior. Oops. Hey he looks really young. I asked him a few questions and talked with his dad a lot. Nice people. We got to talk a lot to cam lynch and Davis they were sitting next to us with coach Lea and family. Got to meet Kelley and family trey camE over . Talked with them for a bit.

They had some food in the back and a bar that I never got to... Was too embarressed to be seen under dressed. Spoke with coach Bullough for a bit. Dinner was a nice salad with Oranges then an orange glazed chicken with carrots and rice. Dessert was an orange chocolate cake... See a pattern there? After eating they played the highlight video for the season and they had mr ensley come speak. He was telling the stories of how he came to syracuse and about getting on all the sports teams he played... No wonder they named the ipf after him what an athlete. Then they did the player awards. The Coachs spoke about all the seniors getting awards and gave a story of why that got the award. After that coach Shafer came up and tha hanker everyone... Had I known the ad former ad and chancellor were sitting 2 tables away I would have switched seats and done some 44 talking. After we headed over to the hotel.

The next day we got up and ate them headed over to the dome. Again for those who follow my Twitter already know I made the mistake of following the sign on the highway for dome parking and got very lost. We went to some parts of the city they skip on the tour syracuse gives. There is some bad places in that city. Finally I figured it out and got to the dome. Went in and the lacross game was just getting started. Had a lot of Twitter friends and people from the board come over and say hi and they got to meet shy. It was great at one point I was sitting with sam clausmans mom and she said are you from around here I said no biston and she said how do you know all these people? I told her about Twitter and the forum and she said yeah but it's like you have known them for years. I told her I could probably tell her more about her son than she wants to know. As a matter of fact at one point she was talking about his commitment date and I corrected her she thought that was funny. Shy wound up ditching me to go hang with the 15 kids around the start of the game Bailey came over and said hi. I wound up watching most of te game with money which was great because we were sitting right behind the 16 kids and he knew a lot of them and lot about them. Madei was sitting a row in front of us with some kids he was working with. We watched the game it was pretty good I'm sure judging from a lot of Twitter posts a lot of you were less than thrilled with what they saw. Keep in mjnd new offense and they are missing 25 of next years players. Things will be good. After the game we went down on the field and met the players and met some more forum and Twitter people. The coaches had headed over to manely so we went over there. I got to speak to most of the coaches once again which was good. I forgot to mention shiriki has taken a new job as linebackers coach at colgate... Coach Shafer announced that in his speech. Coach Lea looked super bummed. I grabbed sheik over at manely and congratulated him then yelled at him for leaving before shy got to work with him. He said he was really looking forward to working with shy and was disappointed to be moving on but it was such a great opportunity for him he had to. He said shy looked great and they said he is way ahead of most of the kids coming in at work outs and conditioning. All the coaches the we met said shy was in phenomal shape and were really happy with his size. I met a couple of the 16 kids and talked up the place they all said they loved the staff and the school said they had a great time. I spent some time talking robert washjngton and expressed the fans hope for them to get this done at all costs. After that we headed home. It was a great time all around.

Thanks Bam. I am so thrilled to hear that Siriki has a job. Such a great kid. Colgate is a lovely school... even though my sister went there instead of carrying on the family tradition.

Did you get a sense from talking with any of the 2016s if any of them are close to committing or getting offered?

No I didnt get that feeling. It seemed there was 2 camps there the I love the place and have no offer or the I have an offer and like what I see but it's early and we will see.

I was happy for him too I just was being selfish wanting him to mentor shy.

Thanks for the stories. Wish I could have met you, and will at a tailgate sometime. I'm hopeful for Shy and his career at SU. We will benefit by him doing good things and he seems motivated. Walking around on the field after the scrimmage was very cool and I met several players. It was the first time I was on the Carrier Dome field since Nebraska in 1984. It was nice to remember something wonderful for a change. The spring football "game" may not have been the highlight reel we'd like to have seen, but it was fun to celebrate football for a day.

There was a lot of people that were at the forum we didn't get to meet . It's hard when you don't know the faces. Hopefully the tailgates Will make that easier.