Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

It was funny the one thing of the people we met almost all of the forum people came up and said thanks to me for posting all the stuff. It was nice you all type it here but hearing it in person was pretty cool.

Well you know this means that you will have to recruit a 2016 parent to post all about recruiting on here for this recruiting cycle. It has been too much fun having you, Steve and Kelly posting on here to have it stop with this class. :)

Well you know this means that you will have to recruit a 2016 parent to post all about recruiting on here for this recruiting cycle. It has been too much fun having you, Steve and Kelly posting on here to have it stop with this class. :)
Lol I will see what I can do

Bambrewer said:
Ok so it looks like I have nothing to do till 3 pm today so I will type this on my phone. Excuse any mistakes. So shy and I headed up like 10 am got to the hotel around 3. Checked in and went upstairs. I made the mistake of not checking what he packed before we left so I said to him what did you bring to wear tonite... At which time he pulled out a very nice t shirt. I was like your kidding right? Nope. So I said we have to leave early and go over the mall. Head to the mall and pick out a very nice polo shirt for the business casual dinner... Yeah right second mistake. Anyone who follows my Twitter will already know how mortified I was who shy and I showed up to the business casual dinner in polo shirts to find everyone dressed in shirts and ties. I wanted to die. So we head into the manely field that was transformed into a stage and white table cloth banquet hall for 580. We had a very nice time sat with marquis blair and his mom ... I asked he said school is still on track for on time arrival. Also at our table was Reilly Dixon who I managed to insult right off the bat. He came over and was talking to shy and I heard him say something about a recruit... Not realizing it was him I said oh are you a 2016 recruit? He said no I'm a senior. Oops. Hey he looks really young. I asked him a few questions and talked with his dad a lot. Nice people. We got to talk a lot to cam lynch and Davis they were sitting next to us with coach Lea and family. Got to meet Kelley and family trey camE over . Talked with them for a bit. They had some food in the back and a bar that I never got to... Was too embarressed to be seen under dressed. Spoke with coach Bullough for a bit. Dinner was a nice salad with Oranges then an orange glazed chicken with carrots and rice. Dessert was an orange chocolate cake... See a pattern there? After eating they played the highlight video for the season and they had mr ensley come speak. He was telling the stories of how he came to syracuse and about getting on all the sports teams he played... No wonder they named the ipf after him what an athlete. Then they did the player awards. The Coachs spoke about all the seniors getting awards and gave a story of why that got the award. After that coach Shafer came up and tha hanker everyone... Had I known the ad former ad and chancellor were sitting 2 tables away I would have switched seats and done some 44 talking. After we headed over to the hotel. The next day we got up and ate them headed over to the dome. Again for those who follow my Twitter already know I made the mistake of following the sign on the highway for dome parking and got very lost. We went to some parts of the city they skip on the tour syracuse gives. There is some bad places in that city. Finally I figured it out and got to the dome. Went in and the lacross game was just getting started. Had a lot of Twitter friends and people from the board come over and say hi and they got to meet shy. It was great at one point I was sitting with sam clausmans mom and she said are you from around here I said no biston and she said how do you know all these people? I told her about Twitter and the forum and she said yeah but it's like you have known them for years. I told her I could probably tell her more about her son than she wants to know. As a matter of fact at one point she was talking about his commitment date and I corrected her she thought that was funny. Shy wound up ditching me to go hang with the 15 kids around the start of the game Bailey came over and said hi. I wound up watching most of te game with money which was great because we were sitting right behind the 16 kids and he knew a lot of them and lot about them. Madei was sitting a row in front of us with some kids he was working with. We watched the game it was pretty good I'm sure judging from a lot of Twitter posts a lot of you were less than thrilled with what they saw. Keep in mjnd new offense and they are missing 25 of next years players. Things will be good. After the game we went down on the field and met the players and met some more forum and Twitter people. The coaches had headed over to manely so we went over there. I got to speak to most of the coaches once again which was good. I forgot to mention shiriki has taken a new job as linebackers coach at colgate... Coach Shafer announced that in his speech. Coach Lea looked super bummed. I grabbed sheik over at manely and congratulated him then yelled at him for leaving before shy got to work with him. He said he was really looking forward to working with shy and was disappointed to be moving on but it was such a great opportunity for him he had to. He said shy looked great and they said he is way ahead of most of the kids coming in at work outs and conditioning. All the coaches the we met said shy was in phenomal shape and were really happy with his size. I met a couple of the 16 kids and talked up the place they all said they loved the staff and the school said they had a great time. I spent some time talking robert washjngton and expressed the fans hope for them to get this done at all costs. After that we headed home. It was a great time all around.

Awesome stuff, always love reading these posts

Thats great Bam. You caught me unexpectedly so I didnt really hear your name at first. People come up to me at Cuse football events and introduce themselves but I dont always remember names. It was cool chatting with you and meeting Shy. He is a great young man who will do well because of his work ethic and the parenting that he receives from you guys. Glad you felt comfortable enough to come up to me. I welcome any of you to do the same in the future.

Thats great Bam. You caught me unexpectedly so I didnt really hear your name at first. People come up to me at Cuse football events and introduce themselves but I dont always remember names. It was cool chatting with you and meeting Shy. He is a great young man who will do well because of his work ethic and the parenting that he receives from you guys. Glad you felt comfortable enough to come up to me. I welcome any of you to do the same in the future.
Thanks man it was great hearing your thoughts during the game and about recruits. I wasn't sure if it was you at first but I figured I'd ask lol. Hope we can catch you again at another game

Top of thread page 44 is me announcing shy made honor roll for the third quarter. He is 27 days of school away from being ncaa eligible.
He only has 27 days of school left? Well damn...

Also final push baby don't give in yet!

$hy‏@shycullen24Protected Tweets 9m9 minutes ago

Man shout out to Syracuse for being that school for believing in me when no other school took the opportunity!
1f34a.png

The 3 cone he ran was the drill that Bullough and Shafer walked over and said to me and my wife " can you come down and go with us to the office and talk" they had him do the broad jump for his final event he took 3 jumps And I don't have a video of it but the third was 1o feet 6 inches. That was it camp was over we went to the office coach said he wanted him shy commited on the spot. He also jumped 37.5 in the vertical leap. His times would have him in the top 5 in every event except the shuttle he slipped on (4.29) at this years combine for olb.

Shy just got home from the first track meet of the year made states in 2 events tonite. Threw the javelin 166 feet. High jump 5 11 and came in second in 400 meter hurdles. Didn't get his hurdle time yet. But he made states in high jump and javelin next week hopefully he will make states in shot put and the 100

Shy just got home from the first track meet of the year made states in 2 events tonite. Threw the javelin 166 feet. High jump 5 11 and came in second in 400 meter hurdles. Didn't get his hurdle time yet. But he made states in high jump and javelin next week hopefully he will make states in shot put and the 100

oops - to quick on the draw Bam. It was good to meet you and Shy on at the Spring game. I was surprised at his size. A solid 6'1"! Usually those are inflated a bit. He and I are about 220, but it's distributed a bit differently! He's looking solid. I was apprehensive on joining the board but thanks for the encouragement. it's great to see the dedication from this group. It will pay dividends down the road.

oops - to quick on the draw Bam. It was good to meet you and Shy on at the Spring game. I was surprised at his size. A solid 6'1"! Usually those are inflated a bit. He and I are about 220, but it's distributed a bit differently! He's looking solid. I was apprehensive on joining the board but thanks for the encouragement. it's great to see the dedication from this group. It will pay dividends down the road.
They're a pretty good group on here you'll find a couple you could live without but that's normal. You can find a ton of info in one place here. I think you will enjoy your time. It was good meeting you also. We booked all our hotels for all the home games last night so we will meet again in sure!

So what event was he practicing for that the cut open his lip...hurdles?

Hit him on the forehead. So it looks like most of the damage was sustained by shys mouth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom