Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

And for those of you wondering their is better than 50 percent of this incoming class who's parents read this forum
Did you hear that at Dinosaur? I'm sure everybody was out there for lunch today...

On a side note: I'd be shocked if it isn't more than that. If I had a kid looking at a school, id be on their forums working to see the inner working of the place as the fans see it. I may not have the balls to post on it like you Bam, but I sure as heck would be lurking like a mad man.

CuseLegacy said:
617479575866605568 And just because I know someone will ask. ;) Duerig, Shy, Conway and Clark

Duerig is a big boy. Conway has a ways to go with the upper body.

Bambrewer said:
And for those of you wondering their is better than 50 percent of this incoming class who's parents read this forum

Some will eventually rethink that. It's a fan board so there's gonna be some bad wth the good. It's the nature of the beast.

Some will eventually rethink that. It's a fan board so there's gonna be some bad wth the good. It's the nature of the beast.

Just like every other fan board in the country. There is some good and some bad. No program is immune to the bad, even schools like Alabama, and in those cases, most of them are worse.

Got a feeling Shy's going to be our next ranked athletic "freak" by ESPN. I remember Graham was one and Lynch was, too.

So I guess yesterday was the end of the whole process for Shy. We drove up saturday and dropped our stuff off at the hotel and ran over to the mall. We met up with the Duerigs, Byrnes, and clarks for dinner at the Brewery. All great people and great kids. We ate dinner then Shy went with the guys to campus for a couple hours before they all headed back to the hotel we and the duerigs stayed at to watch the fireworks. We had invited a few other families but alot of them had other plans already and some were not driving up until sunday. We had to head in before the fireworks finished the bugs were horrible and the baby was tired and getting eatin alive. Shy hung out with the guys for a while but headed in to get to bed early.

We got up early and headed over to the campus to get in line early. Womack was there and I got some time to talk with his dad and him a bit...great guys also. There was 200 kids in the summer start program and they all stay in the dorms for 6 weeks. All of the kids have 2 classes together Shy is the only football player taking 4 classes. The staff didnt know he had 4 and didnt want him taking the extra 2 but after meeting with the advisors they all agreed Shy taking these extra 2 classes is best for his getting goin in college so he will take the 4.

We had Shy get registered and got his room number. He is rooming with Troy this year. Troy came in late so we had Shy all moved in bed made clothes put away fan running and tv playing before he was in to start. We ate lunch in the cafe with Shy then had to run to meetings. We left Shy with the guys and they got to hang out for a few hours before his meetings started. We got a preview of what summer start is and how they run things then got to meet with the football staff for an over view of what they expect from us as parents going forward.

At the meeting and leading up to the meeting a bunch of parents of parents figured out who I was and came and said they have read the board and though they dont post here loved what I had written and dont post here but do read the board. A few even mentioned the twitter stuff we do and said they loved all the edits and movies we do. It was great to meet so many of the parents.

After the meetings we had about 10 minutes to find Shy and say good bye before he headed into his meetings for a few hours. Everyone got pretty emotional so it was kinda good we only had a few minutes to get through it before he had to run. Shy hung tough but i think saying good bye to JJ was hardest for him.

The coaches are on vacation for the next 4 weeks. They will take turns being available for the kids but Shafer wants them to leave the kids alone till Aug 1st. They start with coach hicks and the trainers I believe today at 3 or it may be tomorrow for physicals and testing to see we they are physically and lifting wise. Then they will get right into working out this week.

We are pretty excited to see where he ends up in this whole process. I found it funny that yesterday one of the reporters wrote an article that I read right as i left him. It was a list of all the kids that are on campus and kind of an over view of the players. Shy was the only kid in the article the writer went out of his way to say he wont play this year. Every other player was either said to be expected to play right away or had no mention. Shy was the only one they dont expect to play. I have seen on here A few people write posts saying what they think of the defense and a few dont mention Shy. You may think this upsets me but it doesnt. First off Shy is under no pressure except his own now. No body thinks he will make it so if he doesnt it wont be a surprise. I have said before I wonder how Shy will do on the next level. I have no idea. I will tell you as I have before Shy is in unbelievable shape. I have shared his weight room numbers and workout regiment. I honestly dont know how he will compare to kids he will play against. I know other colleges didnt offer because they worried about his grades. He over came it. I know people have questioned if he could turn it around. He did it. People questioned if he could put the work in to make it on time or if he would have to prep. He made it. There is a story coming out in the next week or so on Shy's life. You will get to see what he has overcome his whole life to be here today. Maybe he wont have the ability to play on the next level maybe he will. But i will guarantee you no one has worked harder or tried harder to be where he is. I hope he proves all the people saying he isnt as good as the other players wrong. I hope as he goes in as an under dog again he will shock them all. But we will see...

So I guess yesterday was the end of the whole process for Shy. We drove up saturday and dropped our stuff off at the hotel and ran over to the mall. We met up with the Duerigs, Byrnes, and clarks for dinner at the Brewery. All great people and great kids. We ate dinner then Shy went with the guys to campus for a couple hours before they all headed back to the hotel we and the duerigs stayed at to watch the fireworks. We had invited a few other families but alot of them had other plans already and some were not driving up until sunday. We had to head in before the fireworks finished the bugs were horrible and the baby was tired and getting eatin alive. Shy hung out with the guys for a while but headed in to get to bed early.

We got up early and headed over to the campus to get in line early. Womack was there and I got some time to talk with his dad and him a bit...great guys also. There was 200 kids in the summer start program and they all stay in the dorms for 6 weeks. All of the kids have 2 classes together Shy is the only football player taking 4 classes. The staff didnt know he had 4 and didnt want him taking the extra 2 but after meeting with the advisors they all agreed Shy taking these extra 2 classes is best for his getting goin in college so he will take the 4.

We had Shy get registered and got his room number. He is rooming with Troy this year. Troy came in late so we had Shy all moved in bed made clothes put away fan running and tv playing before he was in to start. We ate lunch in the cafe with Shy then had to run to meetings. We left Shy with the guys and they got to hang out for a few hours before his meetings started. We got a preview of what summer start is and how they run things then got to meet with the football staff for an over view of what they expect from us as parents going forward.

At the meeting and leading up to the meeting a bunch of parents of parents figured out who I was and came and said they have read the board and though they dont post here loved what I had written and dont post here but do read the board. A few even mentioned the twitter stuff we do and said they loved all the edits and movies we do. It was great to meet so many of the parents.

After the meetings we had about 10 minutes to find Shy and say good bye before he headed into his meetings for a few hours. Everyone got pretty emotional so it was kinda good we only had a few minutes to get through it before he had to run. Shy hung tough but i think saying good bye to JJ was hardest for him.

The coaches are on vacation for the next 4 weeks. They will take turns being available for the kids but Shafer wants them to leave the kids alone till Aug 1st. They start with coach hicks and the trainers I believe today at 3 or it may be tomorrow for physicals and testing to see we they are physically and lifting wise. Then they will get right into working out this week.

We are pretty excited to see where he ends up in this whole process. I found it funny that yesterday one of the reporters wrote an article that I read right as i left him. It was a list of all the kids that are on campus and kind of an over view of the players. Shy was the only kid in the article the writer went out of his way to say he wont play this year. Every other player was either said to be expected to play right away or had no mention. Shy was the only one they dont expect to play. I have seen on here A few people write posts saying what they think of the defense and a few dont mention Shy. You may think this upsets me but it doesnt. First off Shy is under no pressure except his own now. No body thinks he will make it so if he doesnt it wont be a surprise. I have said before I wonder how Shy will do on the next level. I have no idea. I will tell you as I have before Shy is in unbelievable shape. I have shared his weight room numbers and workout regiment. I honestly dont know how he will compare to kids he will play against. I know other colleges didnt offer because they worried about his grades. He over came it. I know people have questioned if he could turn it around. He did it. People questioned if he could put the work in to make it on time or if he would have to prep. He made it. There is a story coming out in the next week or so on Shy's life. You will get to see what he has overcome his whole life to be here today. Maybe he wont have the ability to play on the next level maybe he will. But i will guarantee you no one has worked harder or tried harder to be where he is. I hope he proves all the people saying he isnt as good as the other players wrong. I hope as he goes in as an under dog again he will shock them all. But we will see...

Thanks for the write-up and inside look, Bam. I don't know how he'll do - but I know if he keeps after it the way he has to this point - he'll continue growing into a great young man. I can say with full confidence - that he is a fan fav already and we're rooting for him to rip the BC QB's head off in the near future ;).

Bam,

Thank you for sharing so much of Shys journey with us. It gives us insight far beyond what we could ever hope to have into the process under any other circumstances.

It's been amazing watching Shy come so far and I have no doubts he will be able to make significant contributions to this team in time, and even if he doesn't, the kid is going to become one heck of a person that SU will be proud to call an alumni.

Great write-up. Appreciate you sharing your experiences again. Always a good read.

As for Shy, I don't know what is going to happen to him at the college level either. But I have been a college football fan for a long time, and I can say that people like Shy, who overcome major obstacles at a young age through hard work and sheer determination, tend to do really well when they get their chance to excel on a level playing field.

He has a lot more hard work to do in the class room, in the film room and on the practice fields. But IMHO, he is positioned to thrive and I expect him do have a great career at SU. He has some really good players to beat out for playing time to be sure, but I say he finds a way to get on the field, becomes a leader of this program and ends up a multi-year starter and co-captain.

Look forward to seeing what happens next.

Bam I personally feel that Shy has overcome so much to get to this point. His dedication and determination will be proven on the field. I personally feel all freshman should be red shirted to build them up to where they need to be. Great job getting this far and tell shy to keep his head up.

Rooting for our young linebackers they are our most exciting players in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom