Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Well the final weigh in before camp last night... He made it 220lbs I can't wait to get there next week for fan fest. He is still 5 percent body fat so seeing him 10 lbs of muscle heavier is pretty exciting. They ran a combine the other day his speed is still the same his shuttle got faster and his strength is back up. Hope to text him tonite and see how bad they beat them up today. Said he won't get to the dorm till 11 pm

I recently had the opportunity to meet Shy and speak with him. First, he is very polite and soft-spoken. During our talk he expressed his determination toward continuous improvement. He was also quick to point out how fortunate he felt to be at Syracuse. I see a leader in Shy and someone who will make a difference in Orange football, during his time here.

View attachment 49069
That thing will give seizures to our opponents. Let's play it on video boards in the dome!

That thing will give seizures to our opponents. Let's play it on video boards in the dome!
I look forward to seeing our opponents respond accordingly:

giphy.gif

So, Bams, how did first day of practice go?

I'm honestly unsure of how much the guys are allowed to ell their families and can be relayed here beyond something like, "it was good to get out there. But my head was spinning just trying to figure it all out" I mean I hope so, but I just don't know how much they can say

I know that they have been told all year no video or pics from practices. I'm sure that will also go for play specifics. But Bam can still tell us how Shy is doing.

I'm honestly unsure of how much the guys are allowed to ell their families and can be relayed here beyond something like, "it was good to get out there. But my head was spinning just trying to figure it all out" I mean I hope so, but I just don't know how much they can say

Of course, it was asked in a general sense.

Ok finally got him to answer a text ... hadnt spoken with him since they started. Said its going well. more mentally taxing than the physical stuff said they are all doing well. today will be a bigger test for them as they start school at 8 am then have class till 1230 then have to be at camp at 4 till 11 pm I will see how he does after this week. friday is the last day of class so saturday he should be relaxed when we get there for fan fest

Camera loves him! Seriously, about 25% are of Shy. Good for him!

I have taken a lot of supplements and shy has taken a few. He took creatine for a couple months. He was having trouble gaining weight and he dropped below 200 in February. His add meds really messed with his eating. He put on a few pounds and we changed his meds and his eating got better so he stopped taking it back in April. He is 215 now so he is gaining weight with the food in the cafe and the muscle milk. I expect when he starts eating baby dolls food he will gain a little more before the season but with camp starting I will be happy if he stays at 215.

He looks in great shape in the images up on Syracuse.com today. I thought he looked bigger than the 208 or whatever he is listed at n the official roster on Syracuse Athletics.

He looks in great shape in the images up on Syracuse.com today. I thought he looked bigger than the 208 or whatever he is listed at n the official roster on Syracuse Athletics.
According to Bam he's up to about 220.

Our linebackers are built like SEC backers

I love our linebackers, I really do, but Alabama's starting ILB is 6'2" 255lbs, Georgia's OLB is 6'3" 253, Auburns starting Will is 6'2" 240. Our guys are still 2-3" and 20-30lbs smaller in comparison.

I prefer to think we hit like SEC linebackers, and that's all that matters I guess.

I love our linebackers, I really do, but Alabama's starting ILB is 6'2" 255lbs, Georgia's OLB is 6'3" 253, Auburns starting Will is 6'2" 240. Our guys are still 2-3" and 20-30lbs smaller in comparison.

I prefer to think we hit like SEC linebackers, and that's all that matters I guess.
2ltqd89.jpg

We're wiery

Those LB's mentioned are all upper classman though. We only have one 3rd year guy in the 2 deep and Franklin was last reported 238.

Point being if you photoshopped a UGA, Bama, etc helmet and jersey on a handful of our backers they wouldn't look out of place in the slightest. If some of them were a few inches taller out of high school they may well be wearing those jerseys without photoshop.

Also our defense is purpose built for speed in the ACC. The only teams we face with down hill rb's in conference are BC and Pitt. 2/3rds of the SEC play that power brand and are absolutely stacked at RB.

Those LB's mentioned are all upper classman though. We only have one 3rd year guy in the 2 deep and Franklin was last reported 238.

Point being if you photoshopped a UGA, Bama, etc helmet and jersey on a handful of our backers they wouldn't look out of place in the slightest. If some of them were a few inches taller out of high school they may well be wearing those jerseys without photoshop.

Also our defense is purpose built for speed in the ACC. The only teams we face with down hill rb's in conference are BC and Pitt. 2/3rds of the SEC play that power brand and are absolutely stacked at RB.
True, What are the measurables in comparison to ACC linebackers?